WAMC and list suggestions 3.77/502 (DO)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patientlights

Reaction score
  1. cgpa 3.77 sgpa 3.7
  2. 502 :(
  3. NY resident
  4. South Asian
  5. Small Private ug in NY, b.s biology
  6. 1000hrs as an MA, 300hrs hospital intern
  7. ~600 hours research (300ug/300 hospital), 2 poster presentations
  8. 100 hours MD family practice
  9. 450hrs volunteering nonprofit for minority women, won student of the year at this organization, 100 hrs volunteering at physical therapy office
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
    1. founder/president of health club on campus
    2. volunteer medical outreach trip overseas to help refugees through my school (2 weeks)
    3. english tutor for the nonprofit mentioned above ~20 hrs
  11. deans list every semester
  12. in my first gap year (graduated summer '22)
looking mainly to apply to all DO schools in NY and east coast but open to others, having some trouble coming up with a list lol
any help is appreciated thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Start with the DO school associated with the guaranteed track you left.

Do you need a DO letter? Casper?
Thank you so much for your response! I will be applying to the associated school and they do not require Casper and their website states the letter can be MD/DO.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest these DO schools with your stats:
Touro-NY
NYITCOM
UNECOM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
MU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
ACOM
WCU-COM
NOVA
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)

I suggest these DO schools with your stats:
Touro-NY
NYITCOM
UNECOM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
MU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
ACOM
WCU-COM
NOVA
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
Thank you so much for your reply! I will definitely look into all of these schools. Do you think I have enough clinical/non clinical hours to be a competitive applicant? I have been debating if I should hold off until next cycle and retake the MCAT since it is my biggest weakness and so if my hours are also low I will definitely consider it.

Thank you so much for your reply! I will definitely look into all of these schools. Do you think I have enough clinical/non clinical hours to be a competitive applicant? I have been debating if I should hold off until next cycle and retake the MCAT since it is my biggest weakness and so if my hours are also low I will definitely consider it.
Quantitatively, I think you are fine if your calculated hours is correct. What we can't tell is what you did and how you grew from those experiences. Certainly taking the MCAT again would be in your favor, but take your preparation seriously... ideally you should set at least 512 as a goal (most retakers only gain as much as 3 points). Also 510's would give you more MD options, which I'm guessing is why you are thinking to retake.

Your clinical and non clinical hours are fine for any DO school.

Quantitatively, I think you are fine if your calculated hours is correct. What we can't tell is what you did and how you grew from those experiences. Certainly taking the MCAT again would be in your favor, but take your preparation seriously... ideally you should set at least 512 as a goal (most retakers only gain as much as 3 points). Also 510's would give you more MD options, which I'm guessing is why you are thinking to retake.
Thank you for all your help I greatly appreciate it. Realistically, if I retake the MCAT I don’t think i’ll be able to hit the 512 goal since it was already difficult for me to study for the 502 and I plan on working full time if I do take another gap year as an MA. I could probably only increase by a few points so not sure if it’s worth it. I was also wondering where and if at all I should mention in my application that I was in the combined program? Thank you again!

Thank you for all your help I greatly appreciate it. Realistically, if I retake the MCAT I don’t think i’ll be able to hit the 512 goal since it was already difficult for me to study for the 502 and I plan on working full time if I do take another gap year as an MA. I could probably only increase by a few points so not sure if it’s worth it. I was also wondering where and if at all I should mention in my application that I was in the combined program? Thank you again!
Check the secondary application for the DO school in question. That's the only place where it is worth mentioning.