FutureMD20x25

5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Just got back my MCAT from late September second take with 5 point increase to 502 (124 CARS). I am a non trad African American URM with tons of research and clinical experience (over 2000 hours in each). Not trying to give too many details about myself but I have one national award and am currently working on a manuscript with my current research group. My GPA from undergrad is 3.32 and my science GPA is 3.14 from 185 credits. My DIY postbac GPA is 3.6 from 12 credits. I submitted my app to all HBCUs, Kaiser, NYU, and Cornell (free tuition schools).

I plan on applying to both MD and DO schools since I have fee waivers. I am also from the state of Maryland and am leaning towards schools in urban areas and on the east coast.

@Faha
@Goro
@gyngyn

Last edited:

FutureMD20x25

5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Did you apply to any other schools besides the HBCUs, Kaiser, Cornell and NYU ?
Yes Maryland and all VA schools except for UVA. Also GWU and Georgetown. Basically DMV area minus UVA.

my DO school list:
VCOM
NYIT
PCOM
Touro
Ohio
Debusk
Lincoln

About the Ads

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
You should apply to more MD schools this week and I suggest these:
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Wayne State
Wright State
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Creighton
TCU-UNT
Miami

Reactions: 1 user

FutureMD20x25

5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Thank you @Faha! I was debating whether or not I should add Miami. Do you think I would be okay to add Einstein they are accepting the January MCAT.

GoPenguinsGo

2+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I think @Faha will back me up when I say to not apply to Ohio U unless you are from Ohio. They accept almost zero out of state applicants.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.