WAMC and school list for URM 502 MCAT, 3.32 gpa, and 3.61 diy postbac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted660461

Just got back my MCAT from late September second take with 5 point increase to 502 (124 CARS). I am a non trad African American URM with tons of research and clinical experience (over 2000 hours in each). Not trying to give too many details about myself but I have one national award and am currently working on a manuscript with my current research group. My GPA from undergrad is 3.32 and my science GPA is 3.14 from 185 credits. My DIY postbac GPA is 3.6 from 12 credits. I submitted my app to all HBCUs, Kaiser, NYU, and Cornell (free tuition schools).

I plan on applying to both MD and DO schools since I have fee waivers. I am also from the state of Maryland and am leaning towards schools in urban areas and on the east coast.

@Faha
@Goro
@gyngyn

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you apply to any other schools besides the HBCUs, Kaiser, Cornell and NYU ?
Yes Maryland and all VA schools except for UVA. Also GWU and Georgetown. Basically DMV area minus UVA.

my DO school list:
VCOM
NYIT
PCOM
Touro
Ohio
Debusk
Lincoln

Members don't see this ad :)
You should apply to more MD schools this week and I suggest these:
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Wayne State
Wright State
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Creighton
TCU-UNT
Miami

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you @Faha! I was debating whether or not I should add Miami. Do you think I would be okay to add Einstein they are accepting the January MCAT.

I think @Faha will back me up when I say to not apply to Ohio U unless you are from Ohio. They accept almost zero out of state applicants.