WAMC Dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunaraeiszadeh

Reaction score
Date of submission: Planning on June 1st
Undergraduate Overall GPA: 3.1
Science GPA: 2.9
Postbacc GPA: 4.0
DAT Score: 19 AA , 20 PAT
State of Residence: California

Shadowing experience: 1500+ hours
Volunteering experience: 250 hours
Employment: 2 years DA
Undergrad Research in Alpine Flora of the Northern America: 9 months 4-6 hours a week

LORs:
1 from a dentist
2 from science professors

School list:
East or West Coast

Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Undergrad Research in Alpine Flora of the Northern America: 9 months 4-6 hours a week

LORs:
1 from a dentist

School list:
East or West Coast

School list:
Please include a list of schools you are interested in applying to! It is much easier for users to help you when you have taken the time to construct your own school list first!

Post-bacc GPA is a great improvement, however, your DAT score may impact your application. You will need to apply broadly to the schools that you pick for East/West coast. I would aim for 10-12 schools given your scores, some reach(1-3 - UCLA, UCSF, maybe TUFTS), most in range (6-9, Creighton, NYU, Touro, Roseman, etc...) and a few "safety" (1-3, for you that would be WesternU, USC, maybe Cal Northstate -- all very expensive schools ~140-150k per year...).

Make sure to do your research on the schools that you applied to! Had I had to do it again, I would probably thrown away 4 schools I applied to and put in 4 new ones that would have fit my application better. Use the ADEA guide to your advantage if you can, I can share some statistics from it for you.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
School list:
Please include a list of schools you are interested in applying to! It is much easier for users to help you when you have taken the time to construct your own school list first!

Atsu, both midwesterns, western, Boston, tufts, nyu , UW , Southern Illinois , colorado

Western would be my top because I live in California

Post-bacc GPA is a great improvement, however, your DAT score may impact your application. You will need to apply broadly to the schools that you pick for East/West coast. I would aim for 10-12 schools given your scores, some reach(1-3 - UCLA, UCSF, maybe TUFTS), most in range (6-9, Creighton, NYU, Touro, Roseman, etc...) and a few "safety" (1-3, for you that would be WesternU, USC, maybe Cal Northstate -- all very expensive schools ~140-150k per year...).

Make sure to do your research on the schools that you applied to! Had I had to do it again, I would probably thrown away 4 schools I applied to and put in 4 new ones that would have fit my application better. Use the ADEA guide to your advantage if you can, I can share some statistics from it for you.

Thank you! I replied below about some schools I was interested in. Do you happen to have that link to the ADEA guide. I think I’ve seen it but not with any statistics.

tufts is not a reach for OP...

LORs:
1 from a dentist

School list:
ATSU, Both Midwesterns, WesternU, Colorado, Southern Illinois, Boston, Tufts, New England, Nyu, Oregon, UNLV

Ive also taken the DAT twice. I’m too nervous if I take it a third time and I do worse because it has been awhile.

the updated list is better, but i would still recommend more schools since your oGPA and sGPA are still low and your dat is not high either...

Status
Not open for further replies.