WAMC Dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allukenas

Reaction score
Date of submission: Next Cycle
Overall GPA: 4.0
Science GPA: 4.0
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 4.0
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 25 AA / 26 TS / 23 QR / 22 RC / 30 Bio / 30 GC / 22 OC / 22 PA
State of Residence: Oklahoma

Major: Biology
Minor: Japanese
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 106 mix of shadowing and assisting
Volunteering Experience: ~110
Employment: 10-20 hr weekly, 400+ in college, shift leader at restaurant
Research: Honors Reading and Research
Other Extracurriculars: Fraternity Vice President & President, Undergraduate Advisory Committee for College of Language, BBBS Mentor
LOR type and strength: Committee interview, 1 dentist
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
School list:

University of Oklahoma
University of Nebraska MC
University of Iowa
UMKC
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota

I would kindly appreciate any advice with my school list. Should I apply to more schools? Should I apply to a schools outside of the midwest? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is a minimalist profile. Employment and volunteering are remarkably light. You should have no issues getting attention on your metrics, so the question is why you want to apply to a private school and forego the in state discount to rack up to 500K or more in debt?

Check the schools on your list regarding OOS, though you should not have a problem except to convince the adcom you really want to go to their program. I would dare you to consider Texas schools. :)

What is your story why you want to go into dentistry, and what experiences in community service or working with rural or underserved communities in dentistry do you have?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a minimalist profile. Employment and volunteering are remarkably light. You should have no issues getting attention on your metrics, so the question is why you want to apply to a private school and forego the in state discount to rack up to 500K or more in debt?

Check the schools on your list regarding OOS, though you should not have a problem except to convince the adcom you really want to go to their program. I would dare you to consider Texas schools. :)

What is your story why you want to go into dentistry, and what experiences in community service or working with rural or underserved communities in dentistry do you have?

I apologize for not adding enough info. I agree that I need to work on my volunteering and employment hours. In the summer I work 35+ hours a week, but during the semester I am limited.

Although I have yet to apply, I am pretty certain I will stay in-state. I just wanted to keep my options open just in case! I have heard that Texas schools are difficult for out of state students. However, I am originally from Texas so I will look into it!

I had Medicaid my entire life and actually went to my state's public dental school for care my entire life. That's where I developed my interest in dentistry. I admired the faculty & student interactions and wanted to be a part of it. Finally, after volunteering at a dental clinic for uninsured individuals I realized how I can serve people through dentistry. At various points of my life I was uninsured and I want to serve individuals who are in the same situation I was in.

I apologize for not adding enough info. I agree that I need to work on my volunteering and employment hours. In the summer I work 35+ hours a week, but during the semester I am limited.

Although I have yet to apply, I am pretty certain I will stay in-state. I just wanted to keep my options open just in case! I have heard that Texas schools are difficult for out of state students. However, I am originally from Texas so I will look into it!

I had Medicaid my entire life and actually went to my state's public dental school for care my entire life. That's where I developed my interest in dentistry. I admired the faculty & student interactions and wanted to be a part of it. Finally, after volunteering at a dental clinic for uninsured individuals I realized how I can serve people through dentistry. At various points of my life I was uninsured and I want to serve individuals who are in the same situation I was in.
I had a hunch but wasn't sure if you were born/raised/graduated from HS in Texas. If so, you may want to see if you could be considered even if you are not a current Texas resident. Oklahoma's not that far. Check with what TMDSAS says.