WAMC : I’m a nervous wreck!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

samwylie

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,
I applied this cycle to vet school and I’m just overwhelmed with anxiety about getting in.

About:
-Female, 21
-IS: Florida
-I got to the University of Kentucky

Applied to:
Auburn, Mississippi State, Florida, Louisiana State, Purdue, Ohio, North Carolina, Cornell, Kansas State, Illinois, Virginia-Maryland (Waitlisted), And Colorado

Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.73
Science: 3.66
Last 45: 3.66

Veterinary Hours:
~1400
I mostly worked at a mixed animal clinic for about 3 summers/breaks. We saw livestock, dogs, cats, rodents, horses, and some exotics

Animal Hours:
~5000
This is mostly working with service dogs in training (I raised 4 and had them full time with me while being in school) but some is volunteering at a equine therapeutic riding center

Clubs/Leadership Positions:
-Pre-veterinary club
-4 Paws for Ability (service dog in training organization): I held a leadership position for a year and currently hold a chair position
-American Sign Language Club
-CHAARG (fitness group)

Research:
~100 hours of chemistry research

LORs:
-Veterinarian I worked with for 3 years
-Research Professor (PhD)
-Poultry Teacher/Academic Advisor (PhD)

GRE:
I only applied to schools who didn’t require it because I did so horribly lol

I’m just trying to be realistic with myself on what schools might actually accept me. I felt I was overall well rounded but I’m second guessing myself now.
Thanks guys.
 
Your application seems strong from what you've listed here. I imagine you have a few schools still to hear from so don't stress yet! You never know which school will see something great in you 🙂 It's not over til it's over!