WAMC: LOW GRADES IN POSTBACC

Started by droyster
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

droyster

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello. As a grade enhancing post-bacc, I fumbled the ball and took on a job alongside my coursework. To get the committee letter from our school, we must have taken 8 classes. They allow us to take the last two credits during your application year. I submitted both of my applications already before I got the grades from my last two classes during this summer. However, I’m projected to get two Bs for this summer.

First, I am wondering if they will see these grades. The committee letter uses this in their gpa they use in the committee letter. I will continue to take classes in the fall and spring though to make up for this.

Second, I am looking to add more DO schools. Right now, I applied to
  • PCOM
  • NYIT
  • CHSU
  • Rowan-Virtua
  • MSU
  • Illinois COM
Here are my other stats.
  • Applied Psychology Major (undergrad was only bare minimum science classes for pre-med so I still can take more upper division courses)
  • cGPA: 3.53
  • sGPA: 3.23 (undergrad: 3.0 / postbacc without my summer courses: 3.72)
  • MCAT: 499 > 502 > 506
  • Research Hours: 3k+ hours - suicide prevention, pediatric obesity prevention, curiosity/crisis of connection
  • Poster on Crisis of Connection
  • Clinical Hours: 1.5k hours - patient advocate at an ER in a public hospital, CNA hours, ER clinical research
  • Non-Health Related Volunteer: 200 hours - advocacy for system involved youth girls
  • Leadership: 3 positions ( non-profit, Volunteers Around the World Club, Applied Psychology Club)
  • Strong LORs
Please help me add more schools.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad