WAMC: MCAT 510 (low CARS), GPA 4.0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xxsi2000isXX

Reaction score
weg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your nonclinical community service is lacking. Fundraising doesn't usually count so you are left with 40 hours of food distributing to the community. You need to have at least 150 hours and should try to get some activity that takes you off campus for a significant amount of time.

Reactions: 1 users
Your nonclinical community service is lacking. Fundraising doesn't usually count so you are left with 40 hours of food distributing to the community. You need to have at least 150 hours and should try to get some activity that takes you off campus for a significant amount of time.
That is good to know thank you!

In regards to my low CARS subsection score, do you think I should be worried about that and consider retaking the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
The Texas schools like high GPAs so you should receive several interviews.
Do you think that my low CARS score may get me screened out from schools.

Also, do you have any information on how to reach out to admissions officers to ask them questions?

honestly, I didnt know that I should be reaching out to schools. Do you know how I should go about reaching out to admissions officers for schools?
The Texas schools have recorded interviews on the TMDSAS website or YouTube channel for starters. They spend time going to recruitment events or organizing open houses. They also answer emails when they can from interested prospects; only they can tell you how they use the CARS subscores. The programs I have been involved with don't really put extra weight there, but I have heard some do.

Reactions: 1 user