This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureheart

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am an undergraduate from a state school and I was currently looking at my GPA through an AMCAS GPA calculator. I was disappointed and shocked when I saw my AMCAS GPA being a 3.54 when my BCPM GPA is a 3.74 and AOGPA being a 3.86. I know not much can be said without an MCAT but I would like to have a decent shot without relying so heavily on the MCAT..

I have about 4 years of research experience. 2 years ea in different labs. Where I am currently I will be completing my honors thesis.

I am a URM female. Served as an RA for about 2 years. I have served as a TA for about 1.5 years. Considering taking a scribe job soon to pay the bills. Because of the pandemic, I was unable to do much volunteering but I plan to volunteer in my community now that things are opening up.

My dream is an MD/Ph.D at a MSTP. That is the only thing I can see myself doing and my passion lies in the translational medicine field.

Should I look into a Masters program?

Thank you for looking at this post and I welcome any and all advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Out of curiosity, what are folks considering to be the minimum cGPA for MSTPs?