WAMC on 3 waitlists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nitvbasgims12

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an OR resident with a 3.94 and 514. I have interviewed at 4 schools, all invitations before Thanksgiving with one of those interviews taking place in December. I am on the waitlist for 3 schools (Rosalind Franklin, Wayne State, and Georgetown) and I am still waiting to hear back from David Geffen UCLA.

What are my odds at getting accepted this year? I am also trying to go the HPSP route and I need an acceptance very soon to allow me to go down that path. I know everyone is struggling more than usual and there may be more waitlist movement this year compared to previous years but, like everyone else, I really don't want to re-apply. Is it likely that I will have to wait for May/June for the possibility of hearing back or do you think it could be sooner? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Most waitlist movement does happen in May, so you may have to wait. But you have a pretty decent shot I’d say. If you haven’t heard anything by end of next month I’d try to at least preliminarily have reapplication in my head, just for preparedness’ sake. That doesn’t mean your chances are bad or anything. As an example, during my cycle I was on 4 waitlists and ultimately got off of 2 in May.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools are open to discussing the chances of an applicant getting off WL. Ask in school forums if those schools fall into the aforementioned category. If fellow SDNers say that they are receptive, reach out to gauge chances. At this point, it’s prescient to begin preparing for a reapp, regardless of what the schools tell you.

Send LoI to top choice.

Reactions: 1 user