MD WAMC ORM FROM MIDWEST LOW MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubba2021

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So MCAT 2022 registration opens this week and as I sit here as an Asian Male from Midwest with a 505 MCAT and a 3.8 cGPA and sGPA from a top 30 LAC and no II yet (second cycle applying) received one II last cycle which turned into a waitlist and no acceptance do I just concede that despite my pretty extensive clinical and community service hours and stellar EC’s I have little chance of an MD acceptance? Do I just bite the bullet and retake that soul crushing exam again? My older sibling went DO and
watching him/her struggle with OMM during the first two years while completing basic sciences has discouraged me from applying DO. What are my chances of getting an MD acceptance with my current stats as an ORM? Is there any hope?

Members don't see this ad.

So why did your sibling struggle with OMM? Your MCAT is too low for MD and in a good spot for DO. It's up to you on not applying DO. but if you lock yourself in a specific MCAT range and it's below 508, you don't have to many other options.

My sibling struggled in DO school because it was very OMM focused and balancing that with trying to Maintain a decent gpa in all the basic science classes first two years was challenging (this school was not pass/fail). All the OMM training took away from precious study time for other classes which is something Allo students don’t have to deal with. Which is why I will probably retake the MCAT I guess.

Just don’t understand why these Allo schools don’t just reject us ORMs outright. The whole holistic review thing seems like a myth. At least for us ORMs

So MCAT 2022 registration opens this week and as I sit here as an Asian Male from Midwest with a 505 MCAT and a 3.8 cGPA and sGPA from a top 30 LAC and no II yet (second cycle applying) received one II last cycle which turned into a waitlist and no acceptance do I just concede that despite my pretty extensive clinical and community service hours and stellar EC’s I have little chance of an MD acceptance? Do I just bite the bullet and retake that soul crushing exam again? My older sibling went DO and
watching him/her struggle with OMM during the first two years while completing basic sciences has discouraged me from applying DO. What are my chances of getting an MD acceptance with my current stats as an ORM? Is there any hope?
If you retake the MCAT, sign up for a really good MCAT review course and/or with an excellent tutor. You need to change things up.