WAMC- reapplicant/average stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nj2525

Reaction score
Date of submission: June 1
Overall GPA: 3.64
Science GPA: 3.62
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 19AA 20TS 23PAT 21BIO 20Chem 18 Orgo 19RC 18QR
Re applicant last cycle DAT was: 20AA 18TS 18PAT 17BIO 21chem 18Orgo 19RC 23QR
Note: I realize my AA was lower and that will definitely be looked on negatively but am hoping I improved in some important sections (bio TS and PAT) as opposed to the big drop in QR
State of Residence: NJ

Undergrad Attended:
Northeastern University
Major: Behavioral Neuroscience
Minor:
Minority?
No- North african
Reapplicant? Yes
Nontrad? Yes- 2 years in diabetes research

Shadowing Experience:
108 last cycle, 180 this cycle
Volunteering Experience: 150 crisis textline, 70 created and currently teaching classes at homeless center related to importance of maintaining oral health and resources around them as well as other general life skills such as resume building, interviewing
Employment: 2 years full tie research
Research: 3 years including co-ops under grad
Other Extracurriculars: Global medical brigades
Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans list
LOR type and strength: Strong
Notes:
Main things that changed between this cycle and last were new DAT score, more shadowing hours, new volunteer opportunity at homeless shelter where I tried to combine passions for oral health and serving underserved community

School list:

BU
touro
LECOM
rutgers (called and they said reason for denial last year was low bio and TS score)
Maryland
debating tufts- I know given my average stats it would be a smart bet but tuition is very high
Buffalo
I know I need to apply to many more but would really like to stay in the northeast... any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Date of submission: June 1
Overall GPA: 3.64
Science GPA: 3.62
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 19AA 20TS 23PAT 21BIO 20Chem 18 Orgo 19RC 18QR
Re applicant last cycle DAT was: 20AA 18TS 18PAT 17BIO 21chem 18Orgo 19RC 23QR
Note: I realize my AA was lower and that will definitely be looked on negatively but am hoping I improved in some important sections (bio TS and PAT) as opposed to the big drop in QR
State of Residence: NJ

Undergrad Attended:
Northeastern University
Major: Behavioral Neuroscience
Minor:
Minority?
No- North african
Reapplicant? Yes
Nontrad? Yes- 2 years in diabetes research

Shadowing Experience:
108 last cycle, 180 this cycle
Volunteering Experience: 150 crisis textline, 70 created and currently teaching classes at homeless center related to importance of maintaining oral health and resources around them as well as other general life skills such as resume building, interviewing
Employment: 2 years full tie research
Research: 3 years including co-ops under grad
Other Extracurriculars: Global medical brigades
Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans list
LOR type and strength: Strong
Notes:
Main things that changed between this cycle and last were new DAT score, more shadowing hours, new volunteer opportunity at homeless shelter where I tried to combine passions for oral health and serving underserved community

School list:

BU
touro
LECOM
rutgers (called and they said reason for denial last year was low bio and TS score)
Maryland
debating tufts- I know given my average stats it would be a smart bet but tuition is very high
Buffalo
I know I need to apply to many more but would really like to stay in the northeast... any suggestions?
have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at rutgers d school?

I have not unfortunately, I work in Boston full-time so it is difficult for me to get back. I signed a two year contract two years ago and am planning to move back this year. Do you have any idea where they list these events? I can't seem to find them on their website.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not unfortunately, I work in Boston full-time so it is difficult for me to get back. I signed a two year contract two years ago and am planning to move back this year. Do you have any idea where they list these events? I can't seem to find them on their website.
ADEA GoDental Virtual Fair is coming up this week. Sign up.

Reactions: 1 user