WAMC - Retake MCAT or just apply this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1129521

Hi All,

Please make any comments regarding my school list or any general tips. TIA :)

*Not first-gen, or disadvantaged... I am a TX resident

Stats:

cGPA, sGPA: 3.6, 3.5

MCAT: 508 (129,125,127,127)

CA$PER: 1st Quartile (lol...)

Clinical Volunteering: 31 hours doing patient transport

Non-Clinical Volunteering: 288 hours doing Football Camps, 120 helping disadvantaged elementary schoolers

Paid Clinical Work: 600 hours as a COVID Check-In/Screener person (I took temperatures LOL), 450 hours as a Lab Tech/Phlebotomist

Research: 650 hours in a Neuro lab. No pubs or presentations

Leadership: Physics TA (2 semesters) Treasurer for an on-campus club

Shadowing:

80 hrs with family doc ( my Aunt in a VERY rural place in wyoming, went into more depth on this in my TMDSAS essay)

20 hrs with GI

20 hrs with Gen Surg

Letters of Recommendation:

Physics Prof, PI, Old supervisor (who was also volunteer coordinator)

School List:

- All TMDSAS Schools

AMCAS

NY Medical College

Tulane

Medical College of Wisconsin

Albany

Temple

Wake Forest

Loyola

Frank H. Netter MD at Quinnipiac

Geisinger Commonwealth

Georgetown

Drexel

Virginia Tech

University of Illinois

Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine

Wake Forest

DOs

NYITs

KCU

PCOMs

UNECOM

Auburn

Members don't see this ad.

The only AMCAS schools worth applying are TCU and Tulane given that most OOS MD schools expect Texas residents to stay in-state.

Add more DO schools. I suggest:

UIWSOM
ACOM
KCOM
DMU
Campbell
Touro NV
Marian
WVSOM

Remove UNECOM as they have a regional preference.

Reactions: 1 user
The only AMCAS schools worth applying are TCU and Tulane given that most OOS MD schools expect Texas residents to stay in-state.

Add more DO schools. I suggest:

UIWSOM
ACOM
KCOM
DMU
Campbell
Touro NV
Marian
WVSOM

Remove UNECOM as they have a regional preference.
Hey thanks for your feedback. What do you think of my chances to stay in-state? I would love to attend any school in-state (including Sam Houston and TCOM obviously). But I've heard bad things about UIWSOM, plus they're religious, and I am not.

Hey thanks for your feedback. What do you think of my chances to stay in-state? I would love to attend any school in-state (including Sam Houston and TCOM obviously). But I've heard bad things about UIWSOM, plus they're religious, and I am not.
The TMDAS grid that uses past applicant data for GPA and MCAT suggests you have an approximately 30% chance. Some students may have not applied to TCOM and Sam Houston though, so that could increase you chances. You could apply to WCU as it is relatively close by compared to most other states.