WAMC/School List: 514/3.8 cGPA/3.79 sGPA/TX URM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RightAngleC

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA: 3.8 (Upward trend. 3.3 Freshman year -> 3.8 upon graduating)
sGPA: 3.79
MCAT: 514 (131/125/129/129)
URM (Hispanic) 1st generation
TX resident
College: Public state college
Clinical: Phlebotomy Tech (300hr), CNA (300hr), PT Tech (2000hr)
Research: No Research
Shadowing: PM&R (25hr), IM (25hr)
Non-clinical volunteering: food bank (50hr), Non-profit food pantry (200hr, serving the Hispanic community and occasionally assisting in ESL classes)
Honors/Awards: dean's list (not much)

Current School list:
All TX Schools

Not really sure if I should apply OOS to increase my chances along with DO schools.

Members don't see this ad.

You do not need to apply to DO schools.

In addition to the TX schools, you could try:

Miami
Einstein
Tulane
Dartmouth
UCLA
UCSF
Keck
Kaiser
Duke

Keep in mind that it is hard for other schools to compete with the IS tuition of TX schools and they know this. Some of the above schools may offer financial aid or some other opportunities that could interest you.

You do not need to apply to DO schools.

In addition to the TX schools, you could try:

Miami
Einstein
Tulane
Dartmouth
UCLA
UCSF
Keck
Kaiser
Duke

Keep in mind that it is hard for other schools to compete with the IS tuition of TX schools and they know this. Some of the above schools may offer financial aid or some other opportunities that could interest you.
Thanks! Also, do you think with me having no research I would be at a significant disadvantage?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Also, do you think with me having no research I would be at a significant disadvantage?
Did you connect with LMSA chapter officers? You can ask them. If you just want to return to your home community as a physician, if you are a mission fit, this may not be a big issue.

Did you connect with LMSA chapter officers? You can ask them. If you just want to return to your home community as a physician, if you are a mission fit, this may not be a big issue.
I have not, but I’ll look into this! Thank you!

Update!

Applied to 6 schools. 5 II (Baylor, Long, McGovern, UTMB, TCOM). 0 prematches. Matched to Long!

Thank you everyone for the guidance and support!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users