MD WAMC/School List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medapplying531

Reaction score
hi

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So what are you looking for in the schools you ultimately want to attend? You have a solid application, but I don't see anything that compels me to want to interview you. How did your non-clinical volunteering support a refugee community? Peer advisor and tutoring go into a different bucket, so how many hours did you actually help the refugee community? You may wind up needing more non-clinical community service, depending on hours and duties.

Remove Carle since they are looking for applicants with an engineering background. You could add Temple, Cincinnati, Dartmouth, Tufts, Saint Louis, Northwestern, Cornell, Duke

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, is my statistics background not enough for Carle? I didn't do any formal statistics research per say, but did do a public health statistical modeling project for a class and also took a data analysis class.
No, they are looking for an engineering background and they have a small class.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, thanks for the reply. I would love a school that has plenty of research opportunities. Not sure what specialty I want to do, but want to keep my options open. As for volunteering with refugees, I don't want to go into too much detail for privacy, but it was 150 hours in total.
Also, I thought that any volunteering or service-related activities that are not clinical could be classified as non-clinical volunteering, so would peer advisor and tutoring not count? Or, is it only traditional volunteering like soup kitchen, homeless shelter, etc?
There is a separate category for tutoring/mentoring/teaching. Unless you become certified as a teacher, most traditional prehealth applicants' teaching experience, regardless of the audience, goes into this category.

If you want a school with many research opportunities, why not just pursue a Ph.D. at a medical school? What do you consider research opportunities you want to do?