MD WAMC? (School List Help)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justanaverageguy

Reaction score
Male, ORM, NY resident

cGPA: 3.6x
sGPA: 3.4x
MCAT: 510 (128/124/128/129)

Schools (all MD):

Albany
Drexel
Eastern Virginia
Geisinger
Georgetown
George Washington
Indiana
Loyola Chicago
Medical College of Wisconsin
NYMC
Oakland
Ohio State
Penn State
Quinnipiac
Rosalind Franklin
SUNY Downstate
SUNY Stony Brook
SUNY Upstate
Temple
Thomas Jefferson
Tufts
Buffalo
Wisconsin
Vermont
Virginia Commonwealth
Wake Forest

Should I add any/take any away?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
U Wisconsin and Ohio State admit few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state. You could add these schools:
Hackensack
Belmont
NOVA MD
Tulane
TCU
Creighton
Wayne State
Alice Walton (when it opens)
Roseman (when it opens)

U Wisconsin and Ohio State admit few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state. You could add these schools:
Hackensack
Belmont
NOVA MD
Tulane
TCU
Creighton
Wayne State
Roseman (when it opens)
Thank you so much, I was specifically wondering about UW and OSU and their OOS tendencies!

In this case, should I also remove Indiana? Although they have a large class size, their OOS matriculation rate is even less than that of UW's (22% for Indiana, 30% for UW)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much, I was specifically wondering about UW and OSU and their OOS tendencies!

In this case, should I also remove Indiana? Although they have a large class size, their OOS matriculation rate is even less than that of UW's (22% for Indiana, 30% for UW)
What is the 10th percentile for IU’s MCAT and GOA?
It’s not that you are OOS, it’s your stats that screen you out.

Because you are an OOS applicant with no significant ties to the state.
Obviously you want to apply to those schools. And of course you can. It’s your application.

UW OOS are almost all from states in the Northwest that have a contract with UW to admit residents from those states. Indiana admits ~80 non residents yearly so it is worth trying.

UW OOS are almost all from states in the Northwest that have a contract with UW to admit residents from those states. Indiana admits ~80 non residents yearly so it is worth trying.
That’s Washington not Wisconsin

By UW, I mean Wisconsin, not Washington. However, I still think you're partially correct in that idea bc the map distribution on the MSAR for Wisconsin shows mostly neighboring states in the midwest

Reactions: 1 user
Hackensack
Belmont
NOVA MD
Tulane
TCU
Creighton
Wayne State
Roseman (when it opens)
Would adding UMass Chan be a bad choice?

UConn admits few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state.
My cousin who's a pediatrician did her residency at UConn and now lives in Avon (like 10-15 minutes from Farmington) do you think that would help or no?