MD & DO WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheStressedStudent

Reaction score
Georgia resident, ORM, 3.65 gpa/3.55sgpa no large trends either way
MCAT waiting to be scored for safe side let’s say 500-508
Clinical experience include EMT for 6 months, Paramedic for past 6 months on a 911 truck. Worked at an urgent care for a year going from front desk to nursing support.
Shadowing: 100 hrs ER shadowing. 20 hours DO shadowing
No significant research
Volunteer 2 hours a week passing out lunches to those affected by COVID
I would appreciate any advice for schools,
I am open to both MD and DO

Members don't see this ad.

It is not possible to give you an accurate list of schools without a MCAT score. Post your score here when available.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Georgia resident, ORM, 3.65 gpa/3.55sgpa no large trends either way
MCAT waiting to be scored for safe side let’s say 500-508
Clinical experience include EMT for 6 months, Paramedic for past 6 months on a 911 truck. Worked at an urgent care for a year going from front desk to nursing support.
Shadowing: 100 hrs ER shadowing. 20 hours DO shadowing
No significant research
Volunteer 2 hours a week passing out lunches to those affected by COVID
I would appreciate any advice for schools,
I am open to both MD and DO
500-508 is a HUGE range lol 508 would prob make you competitive for state schools and lower tiers along with all DO schools. With a 500 you'll have a slim to no chance for MD but should still be competitive for some DO.

would applying broadly to DO schools be a bad idea? How much of a disadvantage is being a reapplicant if I were to not be successful this cycle?

would applying broadly to DO schools be a bad idea? How much of a disadvantage is being a reapplicant if I were to not be successful this cycle?
You could receive interviews at some DO schools with a MCAT of 497. You have a good GPA and EC's. I suggest these schools:
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
VCOM (all 4 schools)
CUSOM
UIWSOM
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
WCU-COM
LECOM (all schools)
ATSU-SOMA
Many of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you could receive interviews.
You could also apply to these DO schools but they are less desirable than the ones above for various reasons. However, with a MCAT of 497 you cannot afford to be fussy about where you attend.
LMU-DCOM
BCOM
ICOM
CHSU-COM
LUCOM
There is no problem being a reapplicant.