Want someone to show you around a new city?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

circleK

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Travelling to a new city for an interview and would like to actually venture out into it instead of just flying in, interviewing, and flying out? But you don't know anyone there to go out with or where to go?

This is a post where people can write what city they'll be in when and hopefully others who live there will be willing to take them out on the town or at least give them some advice on where to go out to get a good feel for the city. We'll see if it catches on...

I'll start: I'm headin to LA Dec. 12-15 and don't know a soul who lives there. Anyone? Email me at [email protected]

I'm from Milwaukee and Madison, WI and Chicago if anyone's going to those cities.

Members don't see this ad.

i lived in la for a while, so i will try to help a bit. i assume you are doing the ucla/usc stuff...but la is huge, so a bit more specific info would help us guide you...if you are looking at ucla, the santa monica area is cool and ucla-harbor is close to the south bay (hermosa, manhattan and redondo beaches).

if i ever live in la again the ONLY place i would live is the south bay. it is a great little community, full of recent college grads, young professionals, etc. a "get started" post-grad type town. still has some great nightlife (like my college town, mostly beach bars), close to everything in LA, great beaches with decent surf.

south bay is commuting distance from ucla, ucla-harbor and la county (usc), so i highly reccomend a visit. also, check out santa monica promenade, a cool outdoor shopping mall.

hope this helps! if you have more specific stuff you are interested in, or want the names of some cool bars and restaraunts, let me know. also, i may be in la that weekend for a buddy's wedding party (in hermosa beach) so send me a pm and we will see if i can show you around a bit.

good luck!