want to know where you matched?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To be honest, they need someone from the NSA to hide sensitive match information from the med students... lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Given that the original message when you tried to login earlier said to check back Friday for math results...I'm guessing not too good. Just missed it too. Really wish they would let us know so we could move on. It doesn't change anything for others.

Too many different circumstances for this not to be true: i.e. people getting prelim, couples match, advanced without prelim while knowing what state.

All my life I've never been able to catch glitches like this, just glad I made it in time this time.

Reactions: 3 users
The whole thing is stupid. They've delayed the process way too long already. For example, the list of unmatched programs by region was created on March 17th (look at the top of the document) therefore things have been pretty much finalized since then. There is no reason to draw this process out as long as they do. All it does it make it extremely difficult for us that have spouses not in medicine/need to find jobs/apply for bar apps/etc. in whatever city we match to. Plus finding a house between now and starting (with some time to move/repaint) is going to be a huge pain.
The 17th of March was yesterday, lol. While I agree with the premise of your statement about hiding everything is dumb saying things have been finalized since yesterday doesn't really prove anything

Last edited:
ZERO.

What will be most interesting is how NRMP handles it. Do they acknowledge the problem, or threaten applicants who revealed the magic keystrokes, or act like nothing happened?

My guess is they will delete the code (or hide it) and will say nothing about it. Routine site maintenance, nothing to see here...move along.
That's my guess as well. It's a lot easier to just ignore it.

I don't get what has to go through someone's head to post it on the NRMP FB page though. They were going to find out eventually, but this just makes it less possible for everybody else. 

I don't get what has to go through someone's head to post it on the NRMP FB page though. They were going to find out eventually, but this just makes it less possible for everybody else. 

Some people just like to rain on everyone's parade. Misery loves company.

The 17th of March was yesterday, lol. While I agree with the premise of your statement about hiding everything is dumb saying things have been finalized since yesterday doesn't really prove anything
Oops mistyped, it was actually published march 13th, so four days prior to the "did you match email". Still they've known this stuff for quite some time.

please stop talking about and let this thread fall to the bottom

Apparently the NRMP deleted that jackass's post on the FB page too and he went back on there and complained that they deleted his message and closed the r3 system. I hope if anyone knows that guy that they pass along all our "thanks".:eyebrow:

please stop talking about and let this thread fall to the bottom
At this point talking about it makes no difference. The NRMP already knows.

Plus the site is back on and the results are gone. Awesome!!!! (though not so awesome for the guys that didn't get it in time :()

Apparently the NRMP deleted that jackass's post on the FB page too and he went back on there and complained that they deleted his message and closed the r3 system. I hope if anyone knows that guy that they pass along all our "thanks".:eyebrow:
Some people are too stupid to walk and breathe simultaneously. Some of those people are apparently even doctors.

You can login again. It's gone.

I think that proves it's real.

If you haven't figured it out yet...I'd suggest not logging in....you might be able to find a cached page if you logged in last night (depending on your browser).

Reactions: 1 users
You can login again. It's gone.

I think that proves it's real.

If you haven't figured it out yet...I'd suggest not logging in....you might be able to find a cached page if you logged in last night (depending on your browser).

How would you go about doing this?

Yea. It is gone. Seriously, why would anyone complain, especially if they "claim" to have matched.

I have been browsing sdn for years and years - and the insight here has been great. But this "nrmp trick" is by far the best post I have ever seen on here! Thank you sdn!

I was able to check in time - happy and excited i got my number 1!

Reactions: 5 users
you can still access it through an old page if you have a cached copy in your history

The negatives of going to a small medical school...

:(

there is an popular forum for IMG's that has over 14 pages on their thread - i am sure thousands found out this way. good for them!

Certainly in the hundreds, possibly in the thousands...there was a huge word of mouth outside of SDN.

Are people talking about it at your school?
LOTS of people know about it from my school cuz someone posted it on our class FB page (which is a private page... no administrators or school people can see) but not everybody got to use it before it got shut down. I'm sure we're talking high hundreds or possibly thousands here.

missed it by minutes!! NRMP is putting on undue stress to all of us. They should just release the results

So this may be a dumb question, but what's the reasoning for the Friday results anyway? Does it take anything away from SOAPers for those who matched to know where? Couldn't it even be helpful since it would give people a starting point to search places where they know they'll have friends/colleagues?

I honestly believe at this point its about tradition and opening match day envelops together at schools. I can't see any benefit or sound reason to hide the programs we matched at for another 3 days.

I honestly believe at this point its about tradition and opening match day envelops together at schools
:laugh: Lol, that's a funny one. My school doesn't even do that... but my school doesn't do a lot of things they are supposed to but that's a whole different story, lol

I started searching for places already. so nice to know early lol. now i can plan my vacation!!

Reactions: 2 users
all facebook posts on this subject at the NRMP page are being deleted immediately

To somewhat answer a question asked earlier, this appeared on the NRMP facebook page:
"Good morning NRMP. I have a question, please. Why do you conceal where we matched from Monday till Friday?"
"Hi Yasser! That is tradition and how it always has been. Congrats on matching!"

If so that answers it but IMO that's a total BS reason.

Saw this thread just before going to bed last night. Am I the only one that didn't look?! I felt like I'd be looking up something I'm not supposed to, and worried too much about the chance that they might be able to get those who did in trouble (I'm not real tech savvy so wasn't sure how that stuff worked). I figured they probably couldn't, but the risk just didn't seem worth the reward to me.

To be fair u had to login to see that info but I know what u mean lol

Ya but reviewing the code...it is very poorly done overall. It looks like it was created by high school kids.

I bet there are huge security gaps and what better population for thieves to target than physicians?

Just saying.....

How would you go about doing this?

If you used IE or Firefox, you can 'work offline', and see if you can access the page that way; it will use a cached version of the page to supply you data.

Chrome, unfortunately, does not have that option, so I'm uncertain if you can do it for Chrome. Which means it looks like I'll be waiting til Friday.

just tried using the cached version, luckily i hadn't logged into NRMP R3 with firefox since yesterday as i tried this morning with chrome. it works lol. numero uno

NRMP has shown their hand now, and intend to ignore it as though it never happened.

Seems like it. They are claiming the system being down was scheduled maintenance in preparation for SOAP, and deleting all references to it.

So I'd guess either they are going to just whistle past the graveyard and pretend it never happened, or they are scrambling right now to put together a PR response.

And I'd guess based on the degree of viral interest and awareness of this that most of the estimates people are giving of how many got their results early are underestimating by a factor of 10.

I think that's a good move. We should let the situation cool down. I don't want to piss off these people who have control over our career that we have worked extremely hard for our entire life...

just tried using the cached version, luckily i hadn't logged into NRMP R3 with firefox since yesterday as i tried this morning with chrome. it works lol. numero uno
Nicely done. I've been trying to find out a way with Chrome, but their cache is convoluted.

How exactly did you do this?