Warning: Examkrackers practice test #1H

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Decicco

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This exam is FULL of mistakes and I don't recommend taking it.
Some examples:
#43 says that the best lewis structure for HPO4 2- gives oxygen 10 valence electrons
#124 says that it provides an equation, when it doesn't
#132 gives answer choices that belong to a different question

Anyone else found problems with this exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Some examples:
#43 says that the best lewis structure for HPO4 2- gives oxygen 10 valence electrons

1g (the newer version) removes most if not all the mistakes. However, the other ones do have 1-2 mistakes here and there.

Thanks for the heads up. I got the 1H exam with the complete study kit when I ordered it off amazon last week. So far there stuff seems pretty good. I want to get through as much as I can before I start my princeton course on 6/17.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hah - i'm looking at #43 right now. Its funny - the answer explanation says "D is nonsense, since it has 10 electrons on an oxygen". Yet, the answer they chose, C, has 10 electrons on TWO oxygens!

Absolutely ridiculous - EK should be ashamed.

The EK books, although good, have a surprising amount of errors. I'm glad that I skipped their full practice test and went with the AAMC exams for the last week before my MCAT.

Cool. I got the 1H exam with the EK Complete Study Package, but knew I likely wouldn't take it (because I have plenty of Kaplan FLs [11] and AAMCs [3-10] to complete first)!

Now this just made everything final!

There are some technical errors as well. Question 88 is repeated twice more. But the numbering gets back to normal after the VR section ends.

gravedigger_tgd.jpg

huh

neither, i think it is C minus the double bond on both (only two of the oxygens) the oxygens. Then only the overall charge would be -2.

Some examples:

I am so thankful you posted this. I was staring at Q43 and was like what the heck...

I think the answer should be B (provided you put square brackets around it with a -2 in the upper right). In this structure, all the atoms (incl P) would have a formal charge of zero.

But I like the look of A better... The P is a fairly large molecule and I doubt it would want to make that many double bonds... If A is correct, P would have a formal charge of -3...

What does everyone else think for Q43?