Was dying to get into dental school!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twinklestar123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! everyone,
I was dying to get into dental school a while ago.Now I am in.
Yes! I am happy that I am in but school is killing me.It is really hectic and strenuous.Almost everyday we have exams and the load of practical work is unbelievable.Stay back late most of the nights to finish up either Restorative or Prosthetic work.Initially I was like,"I can handle this".But now I am like,"can I really handle this".Hmph! Usually go to sleep really late at night and need to get up early for the classes.Need to take a break from all this.Can't wait for the
Spring break to come.Before my admissions I was like,"Will I ever get a chance to get out of my home and enjoy life?Now I am like,"when do I get a chance to go home.....Home sweet Home!
I know lot of us are in this.Can't wait for this to be over with.

Members don't see this ad.

Like they say grass is green on the other side ;).

Like they say grass is green on the other side ;).

Well! true,but didnt know that I would feel like this,this early into the program.
How are you guys coping with the stress in school?Maybe something might help me out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Twinklestar u can do it !
its a knowing that ull do it becz ur smart , we all stress out sometimes ,at least ur in dental school ,so its just a matter of time and ull be done frm it...i know its tough whenu have lot of work to do ,but u have the determination for it..
take care
my toefl exam is on sat. hehehehe
good luck everyone :)

Hi! everyone,
I was dying to get into dental school a while ago.Now I am in.
Yes! I am happy that I am in but school is killing me.It is really hectic and strenuous.Almost everyday we have exams and the load of practical work is unbelievable.Stay back late most of the nights to finish up either Restorative or Prosthetic work.Initially I was like,"I can handle this".But now I am like,"can I really handle this".Hmph! Usually go to sleep really late at night and need to get up early for the classes.Need to take a break from all this.Can't wait for the
Spring break to come.Before my admissions I was like,"Will I ever get a chance to get out of my home and enjoy life?Now I am like,"when do I get a chance to go home.....Home sweet Home!
I know lot of us are in this.Can't wait for this to be over with.

trade my problems for yours?:D

you wont have off on weekends? just wondering if IDP's chill out on weekends atleast on friday evenings.thanks

Hi! wdent,
So nice to hear from you.Well! all the best for your TOEFL.
I'll talk to you soon...

Twinklestar u can do it !
its a knowing that ull do it becz ur smart , we all stress out sometimes ,at least ur in dental school ,so its just a matter of time and ull be done frm it...i know its tough whenu have lot of work to do ,but u have the determination for it..
take care
my toefl exam is on sat. hehehehe
good luck everyone :)

He!He!Actually I had my share.It was something.The work load gets really bad in school and especially with no family beside you.But then again your classmates become your family and they are there to celebrate your birthday, be with you when you feel lonely,smile with you...School is nice except for the stress part.

trade my problems for yours?:D

Actually all of us just wait for the weekend starting Monday.Once its Friday,its like new life and all the energy comes back.It's so rejuvenating.Earlier I never used to feel so great about the weekends.But now just look forward to it.
Weekends are off... but then again as I said,all the lab work keeps us in school during the weekends too.Fridays its usually dinner out,one of us treating our group.Then saturday its crashing at one of our friends place for lunch or so...I love weekends!!

you wont have off on weekends? just wondering if IDP's chill out on weekends atleast on friday evenings.thanks