-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Washington State c/o 2020
Started by battie
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS Tier 1
I have an interview on Jan 27 at 1pm. Anyone else have that day? 🙂
I have an interview at 12:15pm on the 27th!! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got my invite tonight. So. .. I guess now. Interview on 1/26Any ideas on when the second round letters/interviews are going out?
I just got my invite tonight. So. .. I guess now. Interview on 1/26
E-mail, I'm assuming?
Was there a tracking number?Got my interview letter today..large brown envelope FYI. Big hugs to all those getting rejection letters today also 🤔
Did yours have a tracking number?Got my interview letter today..large brown envelope FYI. Big hugs to all those getting rejection letters today also 🤔
Affirmative. Snail Mail to follow.E-mail, I'm assuming?
Congrats @oldfarrier !
At least they are including the interview date in the email. That would start pushing it rather close for travel plans.Affirmative. Snail Mail to follow.
Z
Zenya2017
Okay, is anyone else in this position? Tier I applicant, OOS, Colorado (or other out of state/out of area location) and has still not received an invite, acceptance or rejection?
Okay, is anyone else in this position? Tier I applicant, OOS, Colorado (or other out of state/out of area location) and has still not received an invite, acceptance or rejection?
The only difference between you and I is that I'm tier 2, not 1. Also from Colorado. But I haven't heard anything as well.
Z
Zenya2017
The only difference between you and I is that I'm tier 2, not 1. Also from Colorado. But I haven't heard anything as well.
So odd... I wonder if CO is done differently because we are technically a WICHE state but do have an in-state school already for VetMed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So odd... I wonder if CO is done differently because we are technically a WICHE state but do have an in-state school already for VetMed.
I don't think so because Colorado residents don't get WICHE consideration
Z
Zenya2017
I don't think so because Colorado residents don't get WICHE consideration
That's what I read, but maybe there are extra hoops to jump through or something for states included in the Commission but not given consideration because there's already an in-state option? Like CO, CA, OR?
I doubt it's because your instate has a vet school. I'm OOS Illinois and we have one, but I received an interview invite on December 1st. I bet they are still just sifting through everything!That's what I read, but maybe there are extra hoops to jump through or something for states included in the Commission but not given consideration because there's already an in-state option? Like CO, CA, OR?
I agree. They average, what, 1,000 applicants and since we were in either tier 1 or 2, we weren't instantly cut off from the pool. There's still a month and a half from the interview weekend. Plenty of time to hear.
no tracking number at all.Did yours have a tracking number?
They said everything should be sent out by mid-December. So hopefully those of us who haven't heard will hear in the next week or so
They said everything should be sent out by mid-December. So hopefully those of us who haven't heard will hear in the next week or so
One of those moments when I'm glad I'm not taking any classes. I won't be stressing finals and vet school stuff. lol.
I was just about to say...One of those moments when I'm glad I'm not taking any classes. I won't be stressing finals and vet school stuff. lol.
Congrats to everyone who received interviews. Unfortunately with finals, I and probably many others won't be on this site as much as we normally are, but the support and congratulations - or sympathy if that time comes - are still here in spirit!
Finals = MOAR SDN 😉
Seriously, the procrastination is real. I'll be here.
Seriously, the procrastination is real. I'll be here.
Okay, is anyone else in this position? Tier I applicant, OOS, Colorado (or other out of state/out of area location) and has still not received an invite, acceptance or rejection?
I'm in the same boat, just not from Colorado. Fingers crossed that we hear some good news soon!!
Z
Zenya2017
I'm in the same boat, just not from Colorado. Fingers crossed that we hear some good news soon!!
Glad there's some others out there!
I'm driving from Vancouver, WA. I've been debating, because I'm not the best at winter driving.
From Vancouver, Wa you don't really hit passes if you follow the columbia river. 84 over to Richland and then over to Pullman. I did that a few times when the passes were closed and I had to get back to school from Seattle. I know the Columbia area can get bad but each time the passes were slammed I was fine on that route.
Awesome! I'll make sure that I take that route thenFrom Vancouver, Wa you don't really hit passes if you follow the columbia river. 84 over to Richland and then over to Pullman. I did that a few times when the passes were closed and I had to get back to school from Seattle. I know the Columbia area can get bad but each time the passes were slammed I was fine on that route.
Alright guys, total shot in the dark - does anyone have an interview Thursday 1/28 or Monday 1/25 and would want to try swapping for my Friday 1/29 @1:45pm spot? Not sure if this is even doable, but I spoke with Wash U and currently there's not a lot of flexibility to move my date until other spots open up due to cancellations. I'm coming from the East coast and have a wedding and classes I'm trying to coordinate around. PM me if you're interested!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright guys, total shot in the dark - does anyone have an interview Thursday 1/28 or Monday 1/25 and would want to try swapping for my Friday 1/29 @1:45pm spot? Not sure if this is even doable, but I spoke with Wash U and currently there's not a lot of flexibility to move my date until other spots open up due to cancellations. I'm coming from the East coast and have a wedding and classes I'm trying to coordinate around. PM me if you're interested!
HEY!!!!! Yes, I have an interview on Thursday the 28th at 5:30 pm. I'm coming from Florida and have classes as well, I would love to switch for a Friday because at least I could go to my Monday and Tuesday classes. I talked to them today but, they told me the same thing. I don't know if they would be open to this but, its worth a try! 🙂 Let me know if your interested.
Well, we've hit mid-December.
If your're curious what our weather is like . . . We were expecting slight snow showers, and got 7 inches overnight instead. 🙂 The streets were pretty bad this morning. On of the hills in Pullman had eight cars stuck, no one could go up or down.
Do you live in Pullman right now?If your're curious what our weather is like . . . We were expecting slight snow showers, and got 7 inches overnight instead. 🙂 The streets were pretty bad this morning. On of the hills in Pullman had eight cars stuck, no one could go up or down.
Do you live in Pullman right now?
Nope, I live in Moscow. We're just down the highway from Pullman.
Anyone know when tier two invites/rejections will go out?
Anyone know when tier two invites/rejections will go out?
According to the rest of the thread, "around mid-December," AKA this week we're in right now.
Does anyone else's portal keep changing the date under the "VMCAS Application" section? It has changed multiple times for me. Now it says "We received your VMCAS application on 12/17/2015".. Not sure if that means maybe they reviewed it again yesterday? Ugh I hate this waiting game...
Yea I just went to see if my portal had updated like a half hour ago and it said that.
Mom just handed me my rejection letter 🙁 it's dated for the 14th. Checked my portal a few days ago and it was the same so I doubt it will have any changes. Good luck to everyone else who has yet to hear back.
ETA: and I was in the tier II, out-of-area camp.
ETA: and I was in the tier II, out-of-area camp.
Mom just handed me my rejection letter 🙁 it's dated for the 14th. Checked my portal a few days ago and it was the same so I doubt it will have any changes. Good luck to everyone else who has yet to hear back.
🙁 I'm so sorry Devastating!
Nope, I live in Moscow. We're just down the highway from Pullman.
Yeah! Represent the 'sco and the 208 😀 (I lived in Moscow too while in school, I still miss it from time to time! Whereabouts in town are you?)
No letter in the mail today. Now I'm going to have to wait till the 28th to see any letter I get since my building is locked till the 27th.
I think that's what make sense, that they reviewed it again. Last time mine changed it said that it was received on 11/25/2015 so I guess that was the first time they looked at everyone.Does anyone else's portal keep changing the date under the "VMCAS Application" section? It has changed multiple times for me. Now it says "We received your VMCAS application on 12/17/2015".. Not sure if that means maybe they reviewed it again yesterday? Ugh I hate this waiting game...
I wish they'd send some kind of update since we've hit the mid-December mark.
Yeah! Represent the 'sco and the 208 😀 (I lived in Moscow too while in school, I still miss it from time to time! Whereabouts in town are you?)
(Ahhh a Moscow person! Moscow is the greatest. We have less hills. 🙂
I live on the north side, sort of near the middle school)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
(Ahhh a Moscow person! Moscow is the greatest. We have less hills. 🙂
I live on the north side, sort of near the middle school)
Moscow is the greatest!! 😀 Hahaha, I usually invade the WSU thread at some point each year to tell people Moscow is a nice place to live if they want some non-Pullman options.
I lived in the Robinson trailer park, next to the Rosauers. Ah, this time of year there's probably some snow around and the hills are pretty 🙂
Go have some Breakfast Club for me - I loved that place! I still text my BFF from vet school and tell her I miss Breakfast Club!
Moscow is the greatest!! 😀 Hahaha, I usually invade the WSU thread at some point each year to tell people Moscow is a nice place to live if they want some non-Pullman options.
I lived in the Robinson trailer park, next to the Rosauers. Ah, this time of year there's probably some snow around and the hills are pretty 🙂
Go have some Breakfast Club for me - I loved that place! I still text my BFF from vet school and tell her I miss Breakfast Club!
Were you by chance a WA resident? I've been wondering if living in Moscow can cause any issues with residency. I've looked through some past WSU applicant threads and it seems like it doesn't, but I file my taxes as an independent and it seems like the people who were saying it doesn't cause issues said their parents claimed them. Obviously I'll talk to the school too if I'm accepted before I decide to live in Moscow, but just wondering if you had any insight 😀
Were you by chance a WA resident? I've been wondering if living in Moscow can cause any issues with residency. I've looked through some past WSU applicant threads and it seems like it doesn't, but I file my taxes as an independent and it seems like the people who were saying it doesn't cause issues said their parents claimed them. Obviously I'll talk to the school too if I'm accepted before I decide to live in Moscow, but just wondering if you had any insight 😀
I was a WA resident 🙂 I emailed the office of the registrar to ask when I was accepted. If you are accepted as a WA state resident, they don't care if you live in Moscow. They don't check at all.
I was accepted in 2008 so you may want to double check if you're super concerned. But I wouldn't be worried. And go live in the better town 😉
I was a WA resident 🙂 I emailed the office of the registrar to ask when I was accepted. If you are accepted as a WA state resident, they don't care if you live in Moscow. They don't check at all.
I was accepted in 2008 so you may want to double check if you're super concerned. But I wouldn't be worried. And go live in the better town 😉
Thank you!
Moscow is so cute and homey feeling. I liked the areas around Pullman, but the areas in Pullman to live were rather blah to me. I think I'd definitely rather live in Moscow if it's not an issue. And if I decide to go the apartment route instead of buying a trailer, Moscow had cuter apartments from my Craigslist searches 😛