Washington State c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OH MY GOSH. If I'm rejected, I can eat sugar cookies and Christmas-themed deliciousness and listen to holiday music and watch movies and forget alllllllllll about vet school because Christmas.

(Actually, if they send out rejections/invites mid-December, chances are it will be during my finals week. So. That would be fun.)

Oh no! Yeah, I've since realized unless they send invites out after the 18th there is a very good chance I would be receiving the rejection before my final as well....

They need to go back to sending out IS the week of Thanksgiving. Then we can binge on pie and stuffing to comfort ourselves.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh no! Yeah, I've since realized unless they send invites out after the 18th there is a very good chance I would be receiving the rejection before my final as well....

They need to go back to sending out IS the week of Thanksgiving. Then we can binge on pie and stuffing to comfort ourselves.

ans6v.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
My VMCAS status is now back to "received", and VMCAS is back up! In case anyone else was worried! :claps:

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if there is a thread for international students applying to Washington. Seems as if I may be lone Canadian so far applying to the current cycle. Or does anyone know any stats on Non-Resident/International students?

Anyone know if there is a thread for international students applying to Washington. Seems as if I may be lone Canadian so far applying to the current cycle. Or does anyone know any stats on Non-Resident/International students?

There generally aren't any separate threads for people applying internationally. Everyone just posts on the "Whatever School c/o 2020" thread whether they're state-side or not.

There are non-resident stats on their website, but not specifically for international students.

Anyone else get an email from WSU today saying their application is now under review by the admissions committee? I wonder if this means VCMAS is done verifying and all their apps are officially complete now.

Maybe they'll move IS/Idaho interviews back up again?! I just want to know if I'm totally rejected this cycle or not :p

I haven't! But my status page says " Your application is complete and is under review."

I haven't! But my status page says " Your application is complete and is under review."

Yeah, mine has said that since I submitted everything almost two months ago, but I'd never had an email or message update about it until now.

Weird! Are you all OOS? Maybe just IS people are being sent it/looked at right now? If they're trying to see if they can stick to their original interview time line that would make sense.... I don't know haha

Yeah, mine has said that since I submitted everything almost two months ago, but I'd never had an email or message update about it until now.

Weird! Are you all OOS? Maybe just IS people are being sent it/looked at right now? If they're trying to see if they can stick to their original interview time line that would make sense.... I don't know haha
I'm OOS from Iowa!

I haven't received an email yet and I'm OOS too. I bet you're right and they are reviewing the IS applications first!

How many OOS applied last year and how many did they interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS and mine has been in review for a while. No email here.

Nothing here for me and I'm OOS.

I got an e-mail ~3 weeks ago? Sometime in September. I'm an Idaho applicant.

I got an e-mail ~3 weeks ago? Sometime in September. I'm an Idaho applicant.

Well there goes that theory! haha

I wonder why it took so long for me to get one? I got my emails about receiving my supplemental and VCMAS at the times I submitted them from WSU, but the "app is completed and under review" one just came today. Oh well!

Just checked my portal and it says: Welcome Batsenecal.
Thank you for submitting your WIMU/WSU supplemental application. Your application is complete and is under review.

So once my VMCAS is verified, it'll be on to game time? They also say they received my VMCAS on October 7, so maybe I got verified without an interview? VMCAS.....

Just checked my portal and it says: Welcome Batsenecal.
Thank you for submitting your WIMU/WSU supplemental application. Your application is complete and is under review.

So once my VMCAS is verified, it'll be on to game time? They also say they received my VMCAS on October 7, so maybe I got verified without an interview? VMCAS.....
Same here

I definitely didn't mean interview.... definitely meant verified..... wow.

I definitely didn't mean interview.... definitely meant verified..... wow.

They actually keep changing the date they say they got my VMCAS. I don't know if that's because I keep updating VMCAS with additional experiences or not. And yeah..don't say the word interview.......guarantee someone will freak out about why they didn't get the interview that you didn't get yet...

I honestly don't remember what I was doing Tuesday that made me say interview..... lol.

They actually keep changing the date they say they got my VMCAS. I don't know if that's because I keep updating VMCAS with additional experiences or not. And yeah..don't say the word interview.......guarantee someone will freak out about why they didn't get the interview that you didn't get yet...

Does it update with the date you changed VMCAS?

Does it update with the date you changed VMCAS?
No it doesn't correlate. The latest date they have the VMCAS received at is 10/07. They've changed the date numerous times since I submitted VMCAS, the earliest being a few days after I submitted, about Sept 10th or so.

No it doesn't correlate. The latest date they have the VMCAS received at is 10/07. They've changed the date numerous times since I submitted VMCAS, the earliest being a few days after I submitted, about Sept 10th or so.

The same thing has been happening to me, and I've never updated my app. Mine currently says the 7th as well, but mine was originally marked 8/24. It's changed 4-5 times by now?

Last week vcmas went offline, and I think it was the 7th, so that's probably why that date is the most recent update, but I have no clue why it keeps doing it. I've kind of just decided as long as my app is marked as there still I don't care too much :p

Super weird though.

When have interview invites been sent to applicants in the previous years? I'm OOS.

When have interview invites been sent to applicants in the previous years? I'm OOS.
I've been going through the "official interview invites" threads from the past few years. Go to the very latest post in each thread, and it will list interview invite dates, etc.

I'm an OOS applicant. I received an email today stating Your application is complete and ready to be reviewed by the admissions committee.

I'm also OOS but have not gotten an email so far, just the "complete and under review" message on the portal.

I got that email a few days after I submitted the supplemental application. I figured it was just a formal "we have everything" email.

There is an announcement on the application page now that says all first round letters will be out on December 1st. I don't know if that means they'll just be sending out letters for the first interview dates that day, or if all letters for all interview dates will be sent out that day or by that day, but at least we have a timeline now!

I think in past years invites also went out via email at the same time? So maybe we'll all know by that day!

There is an announcement on the application page now that says all first round letters will be out on December 1st. I don't know if that means they'll just be sending out letters for the first interview dates that day, or if all letters for all interview dates will be sent out that day or by that day, but at least we have a timeline now!

I think in past years invites also went out via email at the same time? So maybe we'll all know by that day!

Yay! December isn't that far!

First round? Do they send interview invites in stages?

Yay! December isn't that far!

First round? Do they send interview invites in stages?

I'm wondering that, too!

I *think* in past cycles they sent out all IS then OOS a week or two later, so maybe they'll be sent in groups of interview dates? Utah, OOS, and then IS?

This past cycle the class was over capacity though, so maybe this year they'll do what some other schools do where they send one group out of invites, then depending on how many people accept the interview they'll send out another wave?

I'm so curious but I don't want to be annoying and email admissions about it haha

I didn't have a change to my portal. Did you see this in the portal or on a page on the website?

I didn't have a change to my portal. Did you see this in the portal or on a page on the website?

Not on the portal, it's in the updates section of the apply page on the WSU vetmed website.

I must be blind as a bat cause I'm not seeing it. Granted, I'm also running on 6 hours of meetings from today so it might be that I'm just stir crazy.......

HOLY CRAP, THEIR WEBSITE IS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT!!!! HOW DID I MISS THIS ?????

Wait, no. I need a nap.

Thank god for sdn people giving updates, because I am terrible about checking my portals

Reactions: 3 users
Received this about an hour ago:

Dear batsenecal,

Your application is complete and ready to be reviewed by the admissions committee. Please logon at https://adds.vetmed.wsu.edu/admissions/login.aspx
to verify that your contact information is up to date. Application changes can be viewed through message updates in your supplemental application portal and via email.

So it looks like they're getting a move on now.

Reactions: 1 users

Dear batsenecal,

Your application is complete and ready to be reviewed by the admissions committee. Please logon at https://adds.vetmed.wsu.edu/admissions/login.aspx
to verify that your contact information is up to date. Application changes can be viewed through message updates in your supplemental application portal and via email.

Hmmmm I got this email September 2nd....lol I swear its like they know we talk on here and want to mess around with us! :)

Dear batsenecal,

Hmmmm I got this email September 2nd....lol I swear its like they know we talk on here and want to mess around with us! :)

Yes, I received this on September 25th! I'm glad they got to you batsenecal! :)

I just got the same email today as well, and I submitted on July 22. They must not be going in order! However I'm OOS and not a WICHE or contract state.

I just got the same email today as well, and I submitted on July 22. They must not be going in order! However I'm OOS and not a WICHE or contract state.

Yeah, I'm really confused by what order they're sending those out. All my all things had been in since late August, and my VCMAS was verified early September, and I just got that email like two weeks ago.

If they're sticking to that Decemeber 1st invites thing though, only about a month to go guys!

Reactions: 1 users