Washington State Supplemental Q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JKIM02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I have a q about the Washington St Supplementals. I am not planning on applying with a bachelors so I have to have 9 semester units of Arts&humanities and 12 stinking semester Units of "world civilizations/intercultural studies" completed....
It seems as tho every question I answer w/ these vet apps my brain gets slightly dumber and dumber...:(
What are some humanities courses?
More importantly... wtheck is "world civilizations/intercultural studies?":confused:
I know foreign languages is counted but I only have 6 semester units of foreign languages....
Any type of help is appreciated...

Also.. when I put in courses for Humanities/English Comprehension/Communication, the total units says N/A... has that happened to anyone else? anyone have any idear why?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm not sure it matters that much as long as the science classes get put in the right category.

But you should ask Barbara Hodson if you have any questions, she usually returns e-mails pretty quick. She is is charge of all class equiv/transfer stuff and would be the best person to ask.

Her e-mail is on the website somewhere. If you can't find it let me know :)

Thanks so much for your reply. I tried to call Barbara's office but she was already gone for the day. Would you consider History to be under world civilizations??
I cant seem to find her email. Do you mind if you give it to me? (if its not too much trouble of course):oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so incredibly much!!! Your so nice!!

How do you like WSU? I am from CA and Im applying because I dont wana stray too far frm the west coast. ;)

Hahahah, well it depends on where in CA you're from.

Pullman sure isn't very "west coast" feeling at all. It's in the middle of no-where surrounded by wheat fields as far as the eye can see. The nearest major city is Spokane, 75 miles away.

If you're fine with being in the middle of nowhere, it's great. You'll be so busy anyways it won't matter - seriously a fantastic school in so many ways. But if you *absolutely require* good malls, nice movie theaters, upscale places to eat, actual nightlife, nice cars, and tons of liberal people, Pullman may be a hard adjustment.

Now if you can deal with being in the sticks/wheat fields, WSU vet med is AWESOME! I'm very happy to be here, the teaching hospital has all the latest gear, all students are encouraged to get involved hands on, everyone is very friendly - staff and students - and they really, really actually care about you as a person. We have a week long fun orientation, everyone has a big sib mentor, there are 2 dedicated counselors just for students, lots of clubs and activities, I'm loving it so far!!

Ah yes, I graduated from there 1998 and remember going to Walmart being the big outing. Just sad, sad, sad... But I actually did enjoy it while I was there.

lol. I am not your typical cali girl. lol.
Its not the malls and all that that ill miss, its the weather.. I can deal with earthquakes but i am not to fond of hurricanes, tornadoes, etc...lol. Im sure theres not too many of those in WA but how is the weather there? I know what seattle is known for...:laugh:

Well, I'm not quite sure. I'm from the West side of the state and the weather there is very very different. The West side is very rainy, cloudy, and humid. Generally moderate temperatures. Lots of trees and moss. The East side is dry with more extreme temperatures.

I haven't had a full year here yet so I can't say. But I do know it snows and gets very, very cold in the winter. If you keep watching SDN I'm sure you'll see me complaining about the weather as the months go on :) Right now it's quite nice though. And I'm under the impression that it's much less cloudy, and much much less rainy here than Seattle.

Pullman weather is very different from the west side and is very strange. I am applying to WSU for vet school and have done 4 years of undergrad here. Pullman mainly has 2 season hot and cold, kinda miss out on fall and spring it seems like. This last year the weather has been very wacky, they actually canceled school and closed the university for 2 days because of the snow. Also I stayed the summer and it actually snowed in June. When you think of the weather think more of Idaho than Seattle (Seattle about 300 miles away, Moscow, Idaho about 9 miles).

lol. I am not your typical cali girl. lol.
Its not the malls and all that that ill miss, its the weather.. I can deal with earthquakes but i am not to fond of hurricanes, tornadoes, etc...lol. Im sure theres not too many of those in WA but how is the weather there? I know what seattle is known for...:laugh:

I hope no one is checking OKstate off their list because of tornadoes, because that's just silly. I've lived in this state for 23 years now and I've only had ONE come close enough that I could even see it. If you're going to worry about anything, worry about back-and-forth weather. It gets on my nerves because I wont have a jacket in the morning and then the temp will drop 20 degrees... haha.

Sorry for going off-topic!