Washington State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
search Washington State University College of Pharmacy Class of 2018 once you have been accepted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight. Is taking a year-long (two semesters) Human Anatomy and Physiology course with lab acceptable as credit for "Mammalian" Physiology? Im guessing its the same thing, but just to be clear.

I just received an interview for January 11th! :) Who's all going to be there?

I have an interview that day too! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
i got accepted here too the same day! I dont think i want to be a huskie though, but we will see. WSU is scary, but it would be fun to go to some WSU husky games vs the SU redhawks!!!!!!
WSU is the cougars not huskies. Huskies are UW in seattle. There is nothing scary about WSU.

When is their next round of interviews? I haven't heard back from them yet... :(
Did they do your prereq eval yet? Their next interview is January 11th then one in February. They extended their supplemental due date to january too.

I interviewed the 6th as well. Accepted that night.

I see. Now, it kinda scared me cuz I havent heard anything. Are you Washington state resident or from out of state? They only offered 25-50 for out of state last year. Dont know how many they will offer for this year. I am from out of state, so I am a bit worried and I really like the school.

I see. Now, it kinda scared me cuz I havent heard anything. Are you Washington state resident or from out of state? They only offered 25-50 for out of state last year. Dont know how many they will offer for this year. I am from out of state, so I am a bit worried and I really like the school.
I am in state and already attend wsu

Members don't see this ad :)
I also interviewed on the 6th and haven't heard anything yet. I'm assuming only the people who already attended WSU get priority and got a response that same day. Everyone else wont hear from them til January I think.

I also interviewed on the 6th and haven't heard anything yet. I'm assuming only the people who already attended WSU get priority and got a response that same day. Everyone else wont hear from them til January I think.
Not true, I don't go to WSU and interviewed on the 6th and received a same day acceptance.

Not true, I don't go to WSU and interviewed on the 6th and received a same day acceptance.

Or perhaps you already have a bachelors? Or just amazing stats lol, anyways, congrats.

Lurking the thread very late at night (or early in the morning depending on how you look at it) during my break at work. I will be getting my bachelors of science in biology this spring from the University of Washington. Does anyone know if I receive the same amount of points as someone who already has acquired a bachelors?

Lurking the thread very late at night (or early in the morning depending on how you look at it) during my break at work. I will be getting my bachelors of science in biology this spring from the University of Washington. Does anyone know if I receive the same amount of points as someone who already has acquired a bachelors?
Yes you get the same points or whatever as long as you will finish a bachelors before August

Or perhaps you already have a bachelors? Or just amazing stats lol, anyways, congrats.
I'm still working on my bachelors. Don't be discouraged if you haven't received an acceptance yet. I believe that the school is looking to have a class of about 120-135 range and actually give out more acceptance letters than spots available. So just be patient and keep your hopes up :)

really want to apply here but why do they require philosophy QQ

really want to apply here but why do they require philosophy QQ
I had this issue as well, since it was never a requirement at my university. I called WSU and asked if other classes could fill for that requirement and they explained to me why they require it and how having a basis for ethics/logic is important in any health care profession. I couldn't agree more, just wish my university had made it a requirement so I wouldn't be in this predicament. (Although in the end, I should have thought ahead :p)

I had this issue as well, since it was never a requirement at my university. I called WSU and asked if other classes could fill for that requirement and they explained to me why they require it and how having a basis for ethics/logic is important in any health care profession. I couldn't agree more, just wish my university had made it a requirement so I wouldn't be in this predicament. (Although in the end, I should have thought ahead :p)
It has to be done by July or August. You have plenty of time to finish this prerequisite

It has to be done by July or August. You have plenty of time to finish this prerequisite
Yup, I'm taking it in spring! Signed up already back in November. I really want to go to WSU, which is why I'm going out of my way to take it. I believe they said since it's a breadth requirement and not a core science class, we can take it during summer also if it's too late for spring semester/quarter. How do you like the campus, faculty, staff at WSU as an undergrad?

Yup, I'm taking it in spring! Signed up already back in November. I really want to go to WSU, which is why I'm going out of my way to take it. I believe they said since it's a breadth requirement and not a core science class, we can take it during summer also if it's too late for spring semester/quarter. How do you like the campus, faculty, staff at WSU as an undergrad?
I like everything. I go to a branch campus a couple hours from both the main campus and the branch campus where the pharmacy school is. Spokane is a nice city with lots to do. The new pharmacy building is pretty fancy. Where are you from? Were you invited for an interview yet?

I'm glad to hear that! I have family who lives in Seattle and a cousin who is attending her undergrad there, which is one of the reasons why I want to go there. I live in California so it's not too far. I have my interview some time in January. Have you had your interview yet?

I'm glad to hear that! I have family who lives in Seattle and a cousin who is attending her undergrad there, which is one of the reasons why I want to go there. I live in California so it's not too far. I have my interview some time in January. Have you had your interview yet?
Yes I was interviewed and accepted back in December. The California people in my interview had a lot to say about the cold so make sure you have a coat. (it was the coldest it ever gets during that week).

Yes I was interviewed and accepted back in December. The California people in my interview had a lot to say about the cold so make sure you have a coat. (it was the coldest it ever gets during that week).
Oh yay, congratulations on getting accepted! How was the interview process? I'm so nervous.. Yeah I'll definitely bring a coat, thanks for the tip. It doesn't really go below 45 here ever, even during early mornings. How cold was it during your interview?

They just want you to take ethics or logic. It makes sense going into a health field to take one class like that

yea i can see why they are requiring that, but barely any other school requires philosophy...(at least among schools im applying). Also, I cannot take any classes this upcoming spring semester in class at least because i have to leave the country around april for medical reason... :c

yea i can see why they are requiring that, but barely any other school requires philosophy...(at least among schools im applying). Also, I cannot take any classes this upcoming spring semester in class at least because i have to leave the country around april for medical reason... :c
You can take it in summer too. I took an online ethics class over last summer

Oh yay, congratulations on getting accepted! How was the interview process? I'm so nervous.. Yeah I'll definitely bring a coat, thanks for the tip. It doesn't really go below 45 here ever, even during early mornings. How cold was it during your interview?
It was like 5 degrees when I was leaving around 530. My hands hurt by the time I got to my car. It shouldnt be that cold in January. Interview was nice. Tour the school a little, meet sime students, easy half hour interview with a staff member and student

Has anyone recieved an interview invite that submitted their application on the original december 2nd deadline? I submitted mine about a week before but realize they probably got a ton of completed apps around that time.

Has anyone recieved an interview invite that submitted their application on the original december 2nd deadline? I submitted mine about a week before but realize they probably got a ton of completed apps around that time.
I'm in the same boat! I submitted my supplemental ~2 weeks before the 12/2 deadline and haven't heard anything yet. Maybe the school is waiting on sending out the January and Feburary interview invitations until the new deadline? I already got an acceptance letter from another school and need to put down a huge deposit by this week :(

Hey guys. I just want to ask a question. I submitted both my appl. and suppl. late Nov. and added my 2013 Fall classes a few days ago. I accidentally clicked on my pharmacy designates and I saw that WSU had asked me to contact them since 12/12/2012 w/o me knowing. They also asked me to pay $200.00 for a seat. I thought they correspond via my email? This is my first time and I don't know if am making any mistake. Any suggestion please?

Hey guys. I just want to ask a question. I submitted both my appl. and suppl. late Nov. and added my 2013 Fall classes a few days ago. I accidentally clicked on my pharmacy designates and I saw that WSU had asked me to contact them since 12/12/2012 w/o me knowing. They also asked me to pay $200.00 for a seat. I thought they correspond via my email? This is my first time and I don't know if am making any mistake. Any suggestion please?
Have you interviewed yet? You only pay once you arw accepted. They put the $200 deposite in their checklist on pharmcas right away, no worries. They should be back in office the 2nd. You should call them ti make sure you didn't miss out on something from them.

For those of you who have interviewed, does the interview take a full 3 hours? Mine is at 2:30pm and I was wondering if i would be able to make a 6:30pm flight. I don't really wanna pay for another night at the hotel if I don't have to...

For those of you who have interviewed, does the interview take a full 3 hours? Mine is at 2:30pm and I was wondering if i would be able to make a 6:30pm flight. I don't really wanna pay for another night at the hotel if I don't have to...
I am flying back the same day as the interview as well. I think you should have enough time in between, they rarely make you stay longer than what is required; if anything you can let them know ahead of time that you may have to leave early if they plan on staying later than usual.

It was like 5 degrees when I was leaving around 530. My hands hurt by the time I got to my car. It shouldnt be that cold in January. Interview was nice. Tour the school a little, meet sime students, easy half hour interview with a staff member and student
Hey cuddle, it was around 5 degrees when I went for an interview in Colorado... I couldn't even feel my toes. But the snow, it was beautiful! I kind of hope it's snowing in Spokane when I arrive there on the 10th. I forgot to ask if you had to write an essay for the interview? I've heard mixed results, some saying they didn't and some saying they did. Thank you in advance!

I am flying back the same day as the interview as well. I think you should have enough time in between, they rarely make you stay longer than what is required; if anything you can let them know ahead of time that you may have to leave early if they plan on staying later than usual.

Hey cuddle, it was around 5 degrees when I went for an interview in Colorado... I couldn't even feel my toes. But the snow, it was beautiful! I kind of hope it's snowing in Spokane when I arrive there on the 10th. I forgot to ask if you had to write an essay for the interview? I've heard mixed results, some saying they didn't and some saying they did. Thank you in advance!

No writing sample at the interview. They did in the past, but I didn't have to. I was there until 5:15 and the last student to leave. There might be snow there but I am not sure.

I've got my interview coming up on the 11th! What kind of questions did they ask for WSU? I read it's a 3 hour interview too, is there a group lunch or are we on our own?

There is no meal. Its only 3 hours in the afternoon. Just practice typical questions. Be yourself.

How was you interview experience? Any essay?

My interview was slightly weird. There was a group discussion with everyone for general questions in the beginning. Then we got split up into 2 groups where one group had to wait in a room while people in the other group got interviewed separately . My interview was cut short because someone knocked on the door...maybe we went over the time limit? But it felt like it was no longer than 10 minutes so its a bit strange. Then we all went back to the first room and tried on lab coats and wrote down our sizes. Then we went on a tour of the new building. After that we had Q&A with current pharmacy students P1 and P4 (the table was loaded with snacks and water). Then finally an exit interview with an actual pharmacist (another Q&A). It took 2 hours all together for me. Didn't have to write any essays. It was a lot more relaxed than I thought it would be. Everyone was really friendly.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted the supplemental WAY too late (12/31/2013) and thought my chances were slim to none due to rolling admissions.. I was ecstatic to get an interview invite today! It's in February, so hopefully there are still spots open :(

Reactions: 1 user