Washington State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone here struggle deciding between UW and WSU? I always thought I wanted to go to UW until I have my interview at WSU. WSU really impressed me.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't even finish my app for UW after my WSU interview. I love WSU. Also, Spokane is cheaper to live in. You can actually have a car there. Plus they have a brand new research building!

Last edited:
Did anyone here struggle deciding between UW and WSU? I always thought I wanted to go to UW until I have my interview at WSU. WSU really impressed me.

Before interviewing at WSU, I was totally set on UW. My WSU interview was first and honestly I sort of viewed it as a run-through...like if I messed up it didn't matter because it wasn't where I wanted to be.
HOWEVER, I was really impressed with the school and the people at WSU and after my UW interview, I knew WSU was the right choice for me.

I think WSU has a lot going for it and, ironically, it seems like they are more interested in Pharmacy students doing research (hence the new 3 year honors program) than UW appeared to be. That was a big deciding factor for me, personally.

Members don't see this ad :)
Before interviewing at WSU, I was totally set on UW. My WSU interview was first and honestly I sort of viewed it as a run-through...like if I messed up it didn't matter because it wasn't where I wanted to be.
HOWEVER, I was really impressed with the school and the people at WSU and after my UW interview, I knew WSU was the right choice for me.

I think WSU has a lot going for it and, ironically, it seems like they are more interested in Pharmacy students doing research (hence the new 3 year honors program) than UW appeared to be. That was a big deciding factor for me, personally.
Do you know anything about the honors program? I can't seem to get any information about it other than it exists

Do you know anything about the honors program? I can't seem to get any information about it other than it exists

Unfortunately, no. From my understanding it's something that they are going to implement this fall, you need to apply to it, it runs the three didactic years, and you get some sort of honors recognition on your diploma when you graduate.
I wish I knew more, or that they had some info about it on the website. But being involved with research in Pharmacy school is really important to me, so I'll be doing it no matter what!

Unfortunately, no. From my understanding it's something that they are going to implement this fall, you need to apply to it, it runs the three didactic years, and you get some sort of honors recognition on your diploma when you graduate.
I wish I knew more, or that they had some info about it on the website. But being involved with research in Pharmacy school is really important to me, so I'll be doing it no matter what!
Same here. They asked me if I was interested during my interview. I just want to know what to expect. I am so ready for August to be here!

Does anyone know how hard it is to find internship around Spokane? (This is probably a question directed more toward current students)

Does anyone know how hard it is to find internship around Spokane? (This is probably a question directed more toward current students)
I'll break it down for you... There are students from 3 different years of pharmacy all needing intern hours. 300 hours on your own time to be exact. Each class has on average, 90 students. That equals to about 270 students looking for internships around the greater Spokane area. To answer your question, it is hard to find internships around Spokane during the school year, but you have to just keep looking and trying at places and something will eventually come through.
To all those that got accepted, congratulations! The interview process ended yesterday, and most of you should be receiving your letters within the next month or so. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I'll break it down for you... There are students from 3 different years of pharmacy all needing intern hours. 300 hours on your own time to be exact. Each class has on average, 90 students. That equals to about 270 students looking for internships around the greater Spokane area. To answer your question, it is hard to find internships around Spokane during the school year, but you have to just keep looking and trying at places and something will eventually come through.
To all those that got accepted, congratulations! The interview process ended yesterday, and most of you should be receiving your letters within the next month or so. Good luck!
Thanks for the thorough answer! I expected this of course, however, I decided to choose WSU anyway. The school is just too attractive to turn down.

Just curious, how many students does WSU accept this year? I saw the class profile for last few years, 2012 was about 80 students, but 2011 had 120+ students. But probably this questions is a bit hard to be answered here. : P

At my interview they said that they would be accepting 125 students this year...which means there is going to be even more competition when trying to snag an internship!
It will be interesting to see if the incoming year does end up being that large. I'm from a small school, so a smaller class would be fine with me...

Has anyone else from the February interview hear back yet? It is getting closer to mid march and I'm starting to get anxious!

At my interview they said that they would be accepting 125 students this year...which means there is going to be even more competition when trying to snag an internship!
It will be interesting to see if the incoming year does end up being that large. I'm from a small school, so a smaller class would be fine with me...

I like smaller class size too. Kinda hope the students number is under 100 :p but it's all good if everyone will have chance to get internship.

Members don't see this ad :)

Worst case scenario, we'll just have to intern during summer and break for full time or as much as possible. The lack of internships availability in Spokane is one of the reasons that made me struggle between UW and WSU, but we just have to cross our finger and stay positive now that we are committed to the school.

Just received an acceptance!! I interviewed in February. Wow.. this will be a very tough decision to make..

Reactions: 1 users
I just got the acceptance email! Best day of my life I cant stop smiling :soexcited:Interviewed Dec 6th. Been waiting FOREVER.

Last edited:
Interviewed Feb 7. I also received an acceptance email today! I will be declining the offer though.

Still cant shake the habit of checking my email every hour. I did it earlier and was like " what am I doing" lol . Anyways where is everyone planning on living? I heard the south hill area is nice but its a bit far from campus.

Congrats you guys! I still have not received it yet! :(

Do you guys think last Wednesday was the last time they sending out acceptance letters since this coming Friday is March 15th. I am extremely worried right now. :unsure:

Do you guys think last Wednesday was the last time they sending out acceptance letters since this coming Friday is March 15th. I am extremely worried right now. :unsure:

Don't give up hope yet. As long as you have not received a deferred letter, you still have a chance.

I have also been waiting. Don't give up hope! I've been so anxious, since this is my top choice. I really hope all goes well.

I have also been waiting. Don't give up hope! I've been so anxious, since this is my top choice. I really hope all goes well.
It's getting so close to the date that I can't do anything else except losing hope. But thank you! I will keep hoping for all of us to get good news!

I emailed the admission office yesterday and they told me they have not made a decision for my application yet. Do you know what that means? I thought decisions were made couple weeks ago. Does that mean mine was denied and the letter is on its way? I am very anxious. Have anyone heard back from them this week yet? :nailbiting:

I emailed the admission office yesterday and they told me they have not made a decision for my application yet. Do you know what that means? I thought decisions were made couple weeks ago. Does that mean mine was denied and the letter is on its way? I am very anxious. Have anyone heard back from them this week yet? :nailbiting:

Lol no it just means they have not quite decided on what to do with you. Most likely because they are comparing you with the other applicants atm.

And do you know how wait list work? Should I contact them and ask how many wait listing candidates before me?

And do you know how wait list work? Should I contact them and ask how many wait listing candidates before me?

Being on the waitlist definitely means you stand a chance since the alumni at my
interview has said that he has seen many candidates on the waitlist getting in. If possible you should contact the school and see where you stand so you can start planning for backup schools in case you don't get in.

Being on the waitlist definitely means you stand a chance since the alumni at my
interview has said that he has seen many candidates on the waitlist getting in. If possible you should contact the school and see where you stand so you can start planning for backup schools in case you don't get in.
Thank you! That gives me some hopes. I was reading one of the paper in the folder we got at the interview date. They said "Please do not call our office to find out how soon we might offer you admission, because we won't know until a seat becomes available. For your safety and confidentiality, as well as for others on the alternate list, we will never disclose - to you or to anyone - the order in which your name appears on this list". Whew, I almost make another mistake of contacting them and ask :) But at least, what you said earlier already gave me a lot of encouragement. So thank you! :love:

I tried joining the class of 2018 facebook page a couple of weeks ago and my request to be added is still pending. Has anyone been added recently? I think the admins are probably busy with finals or something. I have a few questions I want to ask everyone about loans, living arrangements, insurance, etc.

I tried joining the class of 2018 facebook page a couple of weeks ago and my request to be added is still pending. Has anyone been added recently? I think the admins are probably busy with finals or something. I have a few questions I want to ask everyone about loans, living arrangements, insurance, etc.
Can you see the members? Stephanie Lind is the most active admin/ambassador. I would send a friendly message. Also Garrett kobayashi (sp).

I messaged both those admins a while back and still no response. It's like the acceptance waiting game all over again lol

I messaged both those admins a while back and still no response. It's like the acceptance waiting game all over again lol
If you asked to join before you were accepted then try again. They were only accepting people into the group after you were accepted. They probably have to verify it too. (Just my guess.)

If you asked to join before you were accepted then try again. They were only accepting people into the group after you were accepted. They probably have to verify it too. (Just my guess.)

Yeah I asked to join well after I was accepted. The messages were not read by the admins either so they must be busy, or my messages are going into their spam box or something.

@cuddlefish78 do you think you can post in the group asking the admins to check their others message inbox or to check for requests to be added for us? Thanks.

Wow quick response. Thry are waiting for an update from Kim Mickey. After that they will add more people to the group.

Took a week or two for me to get accepted so don't worry, nothing much going on in the group at the moment anyway.

I was added today thanks again for the help

Has anyone set up their Zzusis yet? I got the email telling me to sign up with my WSU ID but I wasn't given that or a student number, and I also wasn't a WSU student for undergrad. Anyone know how to set it up??

Has anyone set up their Zzusis yet? I got the email telling me to sign up with my WSU ID but I wasn't given that or a student number, and I also wasn't a WSU student for undergrad. Anyone know how to set it up??
Also, I was accepted back in January and paid my deposit + had it confirmed back in January as well. Should I contact their tech department?

They sent me an email with this link

http://wsu.edu/AccountCreation/

And a temporary access key within the email to make an account. If you didn't get that email then yea I guess contact tech support.

Edit: On a related note, can anyone create their email? I can't access outlook and I want an email so I can join the wsu network on fb for housing.

Last edited:
I've been communicating back and forth with the Tech Help Desk about setting up my email. I was able to create my network ID for zzusis but the applet that contains the Office 365 temporary password is malfunctioning. I would say call the Help Desk if you're having trouble with your temporary password - (509) 335-4357. You'll need your student # for this.

My issue is that in zzusis my application is marked as "completed" and not "accepted" so I can't create an email until I've been "accepted" in the system. I've already been accepted to the PharmD program so that's not the issue, must be something on their end. If anyone else is having this problem I'd be happy to keep you posted as to the solution on my end.

A problem with zzusis.... mine also says my pharm app is completed not accepted but I can run my enrollment form and it says I am part of the pharmacy school. Zzusis is better than it used to be but there are still a lot of kinks to work out. Hope you all get the email thing figured out. The 365 interface has been awful ever since they implemented it. I dont use zzusis to get to my email. I searched for office 365, signed in and bookmarked it.

I've been communicating back and forth with the Tech Help Desk about setting up my email. I was able to create my network ID for zzusis but the applet that contains the Office 365 temporary password is malfunctioning. I would say call the Help Desk if you're having trouble with your temporary password - (509) 335-4357. You'll need your student # for this.

My issue is that in zzusis my application is marked as "completed" and not "accepted" so I can't create an email until I've been "accepted" in the system. I've already been accepted to the PharmD program so that's not the issue, must be something on their end. If anyone else is having this problem I'd be happy to keep you posted as to the solution on my end.

Here's the reply from Kim:

"The Office of Admissions will matriculate you directly in to Pharmacy once they post all of your coursework into zzusis, which has not been done yet. They are working through all the applicants they have ID numbers for now so I anticipate that your application status will change shortly. We have asked for the processing of these to be priority. Try again early next week to set up your email and let me know if you are successful."

While a minor inconvenience, I am sure they will have it done before we need to apply for scholarships, etc. with our emails. So let's be patient, everyone! Take care!

How long does it take to get the WSU ID number after the "Information from the WSU of College of Pharmacy" e-mail? I seem to need this in order to create the WSU network ID. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm wondering the same thing...I got the "Information from the WSU College of Pharmacy" email on the 24th but I haven't received anything else. It was only two days ago, but I'm getting impatient!