Watched Chad's, still feel lost..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentspade

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's my second time studying for the DAT and I just finished watching all of Chad's Orgo and Gen Chem videos. I took notes and did the associated quizzes.
I still feel really lost about the information, and am not sure how to confidently move on to doing Destroyer and bootcamp?

If I am being honest with myself, I feel like I need to go back and rewatch those videos, but I am scared that will take too much time, as I'd like to take my DAT by mid July.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Chad's is moreso just to get your background and review in assuming you took those classes a couple years ago. You shouldn't feel prepared to do well on the dat after just watching those videos and taking notes. I would suggest diving right into destroyer. It's going to be hard. I'd say I didn't get more than 20% of the Chem questions right my first time through. Gotta start somewhere though. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I was in the same boat about a week ago but just for gen chem. I chose to re-watch the chad's videos for gen chem and I watched them on 1.5-2x speed. I had a white board, my notes from first time through and note cards. I made a note card for anything i wasn't comfortable with, and every equation he mentioned (even if he said you don't need it). As for the whiteboard anytime he would have a problem I would pause and try to solve it the best I could and then watch to see my errors. I went from getting a 16 on a bootcamp test to a 23 on a different exam after doing this process. It took me roughly a day and a half. It seems like you have the time so I highly suggest it. You could always watch Mike's videos on bootcamp too, I've heard good things. Also it felt a lot better doing destroyer problems after that because I wasn't trying to jump right into the deep end. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Now read your notes for gen chem and dive in the destroyer, then read your notes for Orgo, then dive into destroyer.
What I mean is, you should do the notes for gen chem first, then solve 20-30 questions for the first day, then take the next day to review your notes for orgo and then do destroyer 20-30 questions.
After that, you can do 20 to 40 questions every day of both
Still lost, then watch Mike's videos on the topics that you feel not strong at. he is good too!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It's my second time studying for the DAT and I just finished watching all of Chad's Orgo and Gen Chem videos. I took notes and did the associated quizzes.
I still feel really lost about the information, and am not sure how to confidently move on to doing Destroyer and bootcamp?

If I am being honest with myself, I feel like I need to go back and rewatch those videos, but I am scared that will take too much time, as I'd like to take my DAT by mid July.

Thanks.

How well are you doing on the quizzes?

How well are you doing on the quizzes?
Quizzes are easy for me! I feel like it's because I know what kind of questions to expect and it is not a jumble of questions, like Destroyer.

For topics that I felt weak on, I took additional notes and watched additional videos.

Try Mike's videos!

If you already have bootcamp then watch at least one. How do you know that you won't like them until you try it

I was in the same boat about a week ago but just for gen chem. I chose to re-watch the chad's videos for gen chem and I watched them on 1.5-2x speed. I had a white board, my notes from first time through and note cards. I made a note card for anything i wasn't comfortable with, and every equation he mentioned (even if he said you don't need it). As for the whiteboard anytime he would have a problem I would pause and try to solve it the best I could and then watch to see my errors. I went from getting a 16 on a bootcamp test to a 23 on a different exam after doing this process. It took me roughly a day and a half. It seems like you have the time so I highly suggest it. You could always watch Mike's videos on bootcamp too, I've heard good things. Also it felt a lot better doing destroyer problems after that because I wasn't trying to jump right into the deep end. Hope this helps!

How are you getting the myspeed plugin to work? I tried firefox but the video won't load at all much less getting the fast speed to work with this browser.
Also OP, what helped me was doing the combined practice quiz for gen chem in the quiz section on coursesaver which was about 30 questions and it combined questions from previous quizes.

How are you getting the myspeed plugin to work? I tried firefox but the video won't load at all much less getting the fast speed to work with this browser.
You need to have an older version of Firefox. They have instructions on coursesaver.com, make sure you download and install the older version (v45 i believe) and it should work.

Also OP, what helped me was doing the combined practice quiz for gen chem in the quiz section on coursesaver which was about 30 questions and it combined questions from previous quizes.

There is a link on course saver to download an earlier version of firefox. You have to make sure to get the version that is specified because the link will take you to a website which has a few options. Should work after that. I believe it is firefox 45. The website will have options for Firefox 52 also, but that will not work with the myspeed.

There is a link on course saver to download an earlier version of firefox. You have to make sure to get the version that is specified because the link will take you to a website which has a few options. Should work after that. I believe it is firefox 45. The website will have options for Firefox 52 also, but that will not work with the myspeed.

Thank you! that worked. I've been trying firefox 52 this whole time.

Hey, if chads doesn't work and you have your textbooks. The information is the same, and sometimes you can learn faster from a good old fashioned text book. I felt that my text book was great. It has so many practice problems and shows mechanisms and everything you need to know and beyond.

Quizzes are easy for me! I feel like it's because I know what kind of questions to expect and it is not a jumble of questions, like Destroyer.

For topics that I felt weak on, I took additional notes and watched additional videos.

So why don't you feel confident? Have you performed poorly on any other test material or are you just nervous about moving forward? I would try some questions from BC and Destroyer and see how you feel then - you may be more prepared than you realize.