Waterloo Class of 2022 application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So do we have to update quest with the winter 2018 courses we’re taking, before Jan 31st as well?

I don't know for sure but I think they'll look at your Fall 2017 grades just to make sure that you've kept your average up (it's a chance for you to show that your grades have improved maybe). Maybe similar reason to why they want to see your 2018 grades if you're accepted (to make sure you didn't completely slack off or something).

Members don't see this ad.

So do we have to update quest with the winter 2018 courses we’re taking, before Jan 31st as well?
I don’t think so, because Quest only says to add the courses that will be completed by January 2018, not May 2018. I don’t see the point in adding those if they won’t even see our grades for them until (if) we get accepted (which they then ask for). They’ll see what courses you’re taking in Winter 2018 from your transcript. :)

Reactions: 1 user
heyy guys! how will we know if Waterloo's received our fall transcript, like will it say on our application on quest or something?

Members don't see this ad :)
heyy guys! how will we know if Waterloo's received our fall transcript, like will it say on our application on quest or something?
Hey Anna33! Yeah it should be updated on quest. Check the documents tab. I think everything is date stamped. If the transcript was received, the date should be from January not September or October or whenever the first transcript was recevied. Hope this helps

Hey Anna33! Yeah it should be updated on quest. Check the documents tab. I think everything is date stamped. If the transcript was received, the date should be from January not September or October or whenever the first transcript was recevied. Hope this helps

Have you had yours updated?! Mine doesn't show that it's been delivered yet

Reactions: 1 users
thankss @sweeet42! but yeaaa mine hasn't been updated either @Oak1995 and I mailed it to them a few days ago. I don't know if I should call them and ask or something

Okay so I noticed today that on the AIF, I'm not able to change my grades anymore. Maybe that means they got the transcript? Does anybody else have that? My documents table hasn't been changed yet though

My transcript hasn't updated either and I requested it a couple weeks ago

Okay my transcript is up on the documents page!

If I get in here I’m gonna be so happy. I hope CASPer wasn’t weighted much.
When will decisions be made/sent out? I'm on hold at another school and I'm hoping Waterloo & Berkeley acceptances open seats up!

Members don't see this ad :)
If we find out on the same day as last year's class (March 28th) since we found out about our interviews on the same day as them, just 4 weeks left!!!

If we find out on the same day as last year's class (March 28th) since we found out about our interviews on the same day as them, just 4 weeks left!!!
Does anyone else frantically check quest every morning anyways ? xD xD xD

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if the acceptances get send out on quest or email first? Thanks!

Does anyone know if the acceptances get send out on quest or email first? Thanks!

On the important dates page, it says they will email us first! I'm excited yet nervous at the same time hahah

They will most likely reply to us next week. I'm just bracing myself for the worst, so I'm pretending that I never got in lol... that way, if I get rejected, I won't be too traumatized by it.

just FYI the emails (accept, denied or wait listed) all come out on the same day! However some peoples emails seemed to come an hour or 2 later than others, so don't panic if other people have heard back and you haven't got anything. It does not necessarily mean you're denied or wait listed!

Reactions: 5 users
Idk why but I have a feeling that it might come a day or two earlier due to Good Friday.

Wow! Can't believe it! Got my acceptance email early this morning. Quest still isn't updated though. See you all in Waterloo in September!!!!!

I GOT IN!!!!! Email just this morning :DDDDD no quest update for me either! looks like they are rolling them out throughout the day!!! AHHHHHHHH!

Last year i think they sent emails throughout the day so dont give up hope!

This is just a hunch, but they could be trolls as they both joined SDN on February 27th. If not, congrats to you guys! :)

This is just a hunch, but they could be trolls as they both joined SDN on February 27th. If not, congrats to you guys! :)
That’s what I’ve been thinking too

Anyone know if emails all come out on the same day? I haven't received anything yet :((

Reactions: 3 users
I have not received anything yet either

Yeaa I haven't gotten an email yet either :/ but we shud get one before 4:30 right, since that's when the office closes?

Yeaa I haven't gotten an email yet either :/ but we shud get one before 4:30 right, since that's when the office closes?
I still think people are trolling because Most people didn’t get a reply

Reactions: 7 users
I still think people are trolling because Most people didn’t get a reply
How sad must people be to have nothing better to do with their time than troll lol

Just last night, I was wondering where the trolls were this year, they finally revealed themselves hahah

Reactions: 3 users
Alright, everyone who said that they received an email of acceptance is trolling. Connections who have contacted the admissions office report that they have not yet sent out any responses. It's probable that the people trolling haven't even applied to the OD program and are just here to mess with us. According to an OD student that I've spoken with, your Quest will be updated before the email is sent out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Alright, everyone who said that they received an email of acceptance is trolling. Connections who have contacted the admissions office report that they have not yet sent out any responses. It's probable that the people trolling haven't even applied to the OD program and are just here to mess with us. According to an OD student that I've spoken with, your Quest will be updated before the email is sent out.
Your email will come first! Quest took a few days to update last year. Emails will all come out on the same day, around 9-10am

Reactions: 4 users
Current Education level: 3rd Year Life Sciences @ University of Toronto St. George
OAT score: TS: 400 / AA: 400
GPA: 94.6% or 4.0
Optometry Experience: shadowed 200+ hours at local optometrist, undergraduate research at contact lens center for a summer
EC: visited austrailia for exchange over summer about opticals, went to africa for 2 months for helping the needy

P.S I purchased a condo in waterloo for next year when I get accepted if any serious classmates wants to room next year message me.

Last edited:
Current Education level: 3rd Year Life Sciences @ University of Toronto St. George
OAT score: TS: 400 / AA: 400
GPA: 94.6% or 4.0
Optometry Experience: shadowed 200+ hours at local optometrist, undergraduate research at contact lens center for a summer
EC: visited austrailia for exchange over summer about opticals, went to africa for 2 months for helping the needy

P.S I purchased a condo in waterloo for next year when I get accepted if any serious classmates wants to room next year message me.

What's the monthly rate and how far away is it from the school? Btw, your scores are insane, great job haha

ACCEPTED!! I didn't expect it at all. I'm in the middle pack?
I'm so happy! Can't wait to meet you guys :) class of 2022;)OAT: AA=390 TS=380, GPA=3.9?(86.9%) Province=Ontario?
Good luck to everyone! My AIF was average, just published 2 papers, tutored, shadowed, and played varsity cricket ahlie

P.S. I just wanted to say to never give up on your dreams, even if you feel like your scores are average, there's always hope!

ACCEPTED!! I didn't expect it at all. I'm in the middle pack?
I'm so happy! Can't wait to meet you guys :) class of 2022;)OAT: AA=390 TS=380, GPA=3.9?(86.9%) Province=Ontario?
Good luck to everyone! My AIF was average, just published 2 papers, tutored, shadowed, and played varsity cricket ahlie

P.S. I just wanted to say to never give up on your dreams, even if you feel like your scores are average, there's always hope!
You’re a bit late on the trolling thing

Reactions: 11 users