Waterloo Class of 2022 application thread

Started by deleted853480
Tags Tags
waterloo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a chance to get in if I don't have experience working with an optometrist? I only have experience working with an ophthalmologist and optician.
 
Is there a chance to get in if I don't have experience working with an optometrist? I only have experience working with an ophthalmologist and optician.

One of the requirements is a reference letter from an optometrist and I think they need to put their billing number and such. You should probably check with the school to be sure, but without an optometrists reference letter I don't think they'll consider your application
 
I declined my offer on Friday.
I'm not sure how quickly they call after somebody declines - so there may or may not be another spot now.
oh really. I'm #8 on the waitlist, meaning i should be the next one but I have not received a call yet. Will update when if I ever receive one!
 
Is there a chance to get in if I don't have experience working with an optometrist? I only have experience working with an ophthalmologist and optician.
It says directly on their website "we expect a minimum of 8 hours of job shadowing with an optometrist." So if you haven't at least job shadowed an optometrist, you definitely need to before applying. Especially since a reference letter must be from an optometrist! The more experience you have working and shadowing OD's the better you'll stand out and perform in your interview!
 
I declined my offer on Friday.
I'm not sure how quickly they call after somebody declines - so there may or may not be another spot now.

Did you decline Fri Jul 6? I'm so confused because she clearly told me I was the next to be called on Jul 4 but still nothing right now 🙁