Waterloo Class of 2022 application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
#6 has been called!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a chance to get in if I don't have experience working with an optometrist? I only have experience working with an ophthalmologist and optician.

Is there a chance to get in if I don't have experience working with an optometrist? I only have experience working with an ophthalmologist and optician.

One of the requirements is a reference letter from an optometrist and I think they need to put their billing number and such. You should probably check with the school to be sure, but without an optometrists reference letter I don't think they'll consider your application

I declined my offer on Friday.
I'm not sure how quickly they call after somebody declines - so there may or may not be another spot now.
oh really. I'm #8 on the waitlist, meaning i should be the next one but I have not received a call yet. Will update when if I ever receive one!

Reactions: 1 user
It says directly on their website "we expect a minimum of 8 hours of job shadowing with an optometrist." So if you haven't at least job shadowed an optometrist, you definitely need to before applying. Especially since a reference letter must be from an optometrist! The more experience you have working and shadowing OD's the better you'll stand out and perform in your interview!

I declined my offer on Friday.
I'm not sure how quickly they call after somebody declines - so there may or may not be another spot now.

Did you decline Fri Jul 6? I'm so confused because she clearly told me I was the next to be called on Jul 4 but still nothing right now :(

Did you decline Fri Jul 6? I'm so confused because she clearly told me I was the next to be called on Jul 4 but still nothing right now :(
Yeah it's weird, the wait list hadn't changed when I checked too