Waterloo Class of 2022 application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Trolls are sad people

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
ACCEPTED!! I didn't expect it at all. I'm in the middle pack?
I'm so happy! Can't wait to meet you guys :) class of 2022;)OAT: AA=390 TS=380, GPA=3.9?(86.9%) Province=Ontario?
Good luck to everyone! My AIF was average, just published 2 papers, tutored, shadowed, and played varsity cricket ahlie

P.S. I just wanted to say to never give up on your dreams, even if you feel like your scores are average, there's always hope!

TROLL!! you're a little late, the troll was scheduled for last Friday, better luck next year! For people seriously trying to get in here's the link for the important dates ie when they roll out acceptance Uwaterlooimportantdatesoptometry

Reactions: 4 users
TROLL!! you're a little late, the troll was scheduled for last Friday, better luck next year! For people seriously trying to get in here's the link for the important dates ie when they roll out acceptance
Okay, you know what, I'm not even upset at this one XD

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year offers went out on March 28th! From what I can tell they started around 9am!

Gosh everyone's such strong candidates! Anyone else like me who is applying for the second (or more) time?

Accepted guys!!!!! Hopefully you can trust me

Reactions: 3 users
Acceptances are out!

Accepted!

But I think I will be turning down my offer to go to dental school instead, so there's hope for the waitlist!

Accepted :) :) :)

**Edit**
Current Education level: graduated from Mac
OAT score: TS: 400 / AA: 400
GPA: low 90s
Optometry Experience: Job shadowed an optometrist, research, optometric assistant
EC: fashion show, hospital volunteering, club execs, research (thesis), tutoring, part-time jobs, music etc

Last edited:
Accepted!!! Congratulations to everyone and can't wait to meet all of you!!!

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED!!!! Congrats everyone, see you all in September!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my letter I'm so excited to meet you guys!!!
School: Mount Allison University
Major: Fine Arts with a minor in Art History
GPA: 3.4
OAT Scores: 370/360
EC: Photography (model and photographer), Curling, and TedX Organizer
Hobbies: Craft Beer Tasting, Museum walks, and Reading

They actually did start sending out offers. Accepted of course! See you all in September. Do they release what rank on the acceptance list you were? I want to know what place I was in.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! I'm anxious to see the conditions because my school is on strike :O

How do you know if you're on the waitlist or not? Does it include it in the email?

how did you find out what number you are on the waitlist? did you call them?
and yea my quest hasn't been updated yet either
They told me my number in the email

They tell you in the email
Ohh okk and there's still hope though, I think that's about how many ppl they typically accept off the waitlist. Got my fingers crossed for you!!

Ohh okk and there's still hope though, I think that's about how many ppl they typically accept off the waitlist. Got my fingers crossed for you!!
Thank you Anna :)

Acceptances are out!

Accepted!

But I think I will be turning down my offer to go to dental school instead, so there's hope for the waitlist!

heyy! congrats on the dental offer! do you mind sharing ur stats, I was interested in dentistry too but didn't apply, kind of curious as to knowing whether or not I have a shot lol

Hey everyone, congratulations on the acceptances! I was also accepted.

Just wondering what you guys are going to be doing for housing?

YES I need some information on this as well

Hello Class of 2022! Congratulations on your acceptances!! :) We are so glad all of your hard work has paid off!

You will be receiving an email soon with a link to your class Facebook page! You'll be able to use this page to ask us any questions, meet your future classmates, find roommates and housing, etc. Please join the group when you get the link as we'll be using it to update all of you!!

We can't wait to meet you in the fall,
Your Orientation Co-Chairs 2018

The official acceptance letters on quest now. Also does anyone know if there's a certain average we need to maintain for this winter semester for our conditional admit?

Hello Class of 2022,

We have created a Facebook page for your class, so search up: University of Waterloo Optometry Class of 2022.

Thanks!
Your Orientation Co-Chairs 2018

Congrats on your acceptance! :D Quite a few optoms are living in Columbia Lake Village North this year, which is an upper year res. I recommend checking it out!

Hey guys, how are you all doing? This may seem like a negative question, but are any of you planning to decline your offer of admission, and if not, do you know of anyone who is planning to do so? I'm asking because I've been placed on the contingency list XD

I just declined mine 10 minutes ago! So that's a least one spot opening up soon! (Granted I suspect they might wait until the two-week deadline to accept offer passes rather than calling up the next person on the contingency list immediately). Goodluck!

Hey all! Congrats on the acceptances! Out of curiosity, what are the conditions of the conditional acceptance? Is there a certain gpa that must be maintained?

Hey all! Congrats on the acceptances! Out of curiosity, what are the conditions of the conditional acceptance? Is there a certain gpa that must be maintained?
Heyy! In the email they sent out today it says we're expected to maintain our grades.

I'm like barely passing one of my courses and want to drop it but it would show up as late withdrawal at this point, do you guys know if Waterloo would care about me having a late withdrawal for a course?

Update: They started calling applicants on the waitlist! Good luck all :)

Well unfortunately they only accepted 3 people from the wait list. Do people usually change their mind last minute? how many people do they usually accept from the waitlist on average?

Well unfortunately they only accepted 3 people from the wait list. Do people usually change their mind last minute? how many people do they usually accept from the waitlist on average?
From what I've been told, they typically take around 10 from the wait list

Update: They've now taken 4 from the contingency list.

If anyone else emails Marie and finds out that more people have been accepted from the wait list, please post here. I would email her every day if I could, but I feel like she would not appreciate that.

Just wondering what number are you on the waitlist ... I emailed them back in May and they also told me 4 :( seems like its not moving at all

Ya, I thought there would be more movement with medicine and dentistry acceptances :( I'm #6... But I know of one other person who is pretty sure he'll be declining his spot to go to the states so that's one more maybe
youre so close ... im #8 so i think im out of luck this year

Don't want to get your hopes too high or anything but I might decline for NECO even if they offer me a spot
They told me that I am number 13 at the beginning of the wait period. They've taken 5 people in total, so I guess I'm number 8 now. Definitely don't think I'm getting in this year lol

Last edited: