You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Waterloo Class of 2022 application thread
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ACCEPTED!! I didn't expect it at all. I'm in the middle pack?
I'm so happy! Can't wait to meet you guys 🙂 class of 2022😉OAT: AA=390 TS=380, GPA=3.9?(86.9%) Province=Ontario?
Good luck to everyone! My AIF was average, just published 2 papers, tutored, shadowed, and played varsity cricket ahlie
P.S. I just wanted to say to never give up on your dreams, even if you feel like your scores are average, there's always hope!
TROLL!! you're a little late, the troll was scheduled for last Friday, better luck next year! For people seriously trying to get in here's the link for the important dates ie when they roll out acceptance Uwaterlooimportantdatesoptometry
Okay, you know what, I'm not even upset at this one XDTROLL!! you're a little late, the troll was scheduled for last Friday, better luck next year! For people seriously trying to get in here's the link for the important dates ie when they roll out acceptance
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you all think today, tomorrow, or Thursday's the day? 🙂
I have a hunch that it's ThursdayDo you all think today, tomorrow, or Thursday's the day? 🙂
My guess is tomorrow!Do you all think today, tomorrow, or Thursday's the day? 🙂
Gosh everyone's such strong candidates! Anyone else like me who is applying for the second (or more) time?
Accepted 🙂 🙂 🙂
**Edit**
Current Education level: graduated from Mac
OAT score: TS: 400 / AA: 400
GPA: low 90s
Optometry Experience: Job shadowed an optometrist, research, optometric assistant
EC: fashion show, hospital volunteering, club execs, research (thesis), tutoring, part-time jobs, music etc
**Edit**
Current Education level: graduated from Mac
OAT score: TS: 400 / AA: 400
GPA: low 90s
Optometry Experience: Job shadowed an optometrist, research, optometric assistant
EC: fashion show, hospital volunteering, club execs, research (thesis), tutoring, part-time jobs, music etc
Last edited:
I got my letter I'm so excited to meet you guys!!!
School: Mount Allison University
Major: Fine Arts with a minor in Art History
GPA: 3.4
OAT Scores: 370/360
EC: Photography (model and photographer), Curling, and TedX Organizer
Hobbies: Craft Beer Tasting, Museum walks, and Reading
School: Mount Allison University
Major: Fine Arts with a minor in Art History
GPA: 3.4
OAT Scores: 370/360
EC: Photography (model and photographer), Curling, and TedX Organizer
Hobbies: Craft Beer Tasting, Museum walks, and Reading
You're all a bunch of trolls
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They actually did start sending out offers. Accepted of course! See you all in September. Do they release what rank on the acceptance list you were? I want to know what place I was in.
Is Quest updated yet?
I haven't received any update on Quest yet.Is Quest updated yet?
Thanks! I'm anxious to see the conditions because my school is on strike :O
how did you find out what number you are on the waitlist? did you call them?Number 13 on the wait list 🙁
and yea my quest hasn't been updated yet either
How do you know if you're on the waitlist or not? Does it include it in the email?
They told me my number in the emailhow did you find out what number you are on the waitlist? did you call them?
and yea my quest hasn't been updated yet either
They tell you in the emailHow do you know if you're on the waitlist or not? Does it include it in the email?
Ohh okk and there's still hope though, I think that's about how many ppl they typically accept off the waitlist. Got my fingers crossed for you!!They tell you in the email
Thank you Anna 🙂Ohh okk and there's still hope though, I think that's about how many ppl they typically accept off the waitlist. Got my fingers crossed for you!!
Quest updated!!! 😀
Acceptances are out!
Accepted!
But I think I will be turning down my offer to go to dental school instead, so there's hope for the waitlist!
heyy! congrats on the dental offer! do you mind sharing ur stats, I was interested in dentistry too but didn't apply, kind of curious as to knowing whether or not I have a shot lol
YES I need some information on this as wellHey everyone, congratulations on the acceptances! I was also accepted.
Just wondering what you guys are going to be doing for housing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YES I need some information on this as well
Is there a Facebook group yet?
Hello Class of 2022! Congratulations on your acceptances!! 🙂 We are so glad all of your hard work has paid off!
You will be receiving an email soon with a link to your class Facebook page! You'll be able to use this page to ask us any questions, meet your future classmates, find roommates and housing, etc. Please join the group when you get the link as we'll be using it to update all of you!!
We can't wait to meet you in the fall,
Your Orientation Co-Chairs 2018
You will be receiving an email soon with a link to your class Facebook page! You'll be able to use this page to ask us any questions, meet your future classmates, find roommates and housing, etc. Please join the group when you get the link as we'll be using it to update all of you!!
We can't wait to meet you in the fall,
Your Orientation Co-Chairs 2018
Hello Class of 2022,
We have created a Facebook page for your class, so search up: University of Waterloo Optometry Class of 2022.
Thanks!
Your Orientation Co-Chairs 2018
We have created a Facebook page for your class, so search up: University of Waterloo Optometry Class of 2022.
Thanks!
Your Orientation Co-Chairs 2018
Congrats on your acceptance! 😀 Quite a few optoms are living in Columbia Lake Village North this year, which is an upper year res. I recommend checking it out!Hey everyone, congratulations on the acceptances! I was also accepted.
Just wondering what you guys are going to be doing for housing?
Hey guys, how are you all doing? This may seem like a negative question, but are any of you planning to decline your offer of admission, and if not, do you know of anyone who is planning to do so? I'm asking because I've been placed on the contingency list XD
I just declined mine 10 minutes ago! So that's a least one spot opening up soon! (Granted I suspect they might wait until the two-week deadline to accept offer passes rather than calling up the next person on the contingency list immediately). Goodluck!
Hey all! Congrats on the acceptances! Out of curiosity, what are the conditions of the conditional acceptance? Is there a certain gpa that must be maintained?
Heyy! In the email they sent out today it says we're expected to maintain our grades.Hey all! Congrats on the acceptances! Out of curiosity, what are the conditions of the conditional acceptance? Is there a certain gpa that must be maintained?
Has the waitlist started moving (just curious)
Don't think so, since today is the last day for accepting/declining I thinkHas the waitlist started moving (just curious)
Update: They started calling applicants on the waitlist! Good luck all 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From what I've been told, they typically take around 10 from the wait listWell unfortunately they only accepted 3 people from the wait list. Do people usually change their mind last minute? how many people do they usually accept from the waitlist on average?
Update: They've now taken 4 from the contingency list.
If anyone else emails Marie and finds out that more people have been accepted from the wait list, please post here. I would email her every day if I could, but I feel like she would not appreciate that.
Just wondering what number are you on the waitlist ... I emailed them back in May and they also told me 4 🙁 seems like its not moving at all
youre so close ... im #8 so i think im out of luck this yearYa, I thought there would be more movement with medicine and dentistry acceptances 🙁 I'm #6... But I know of one other person who is pretty sure he'll be declining his spot to go to the states so that's one more maybe
ODapplicant
New Member
Don't want to get your hopes too high or anything but I might decline for NECO even if they offer me a spotyoure so close ... im #8 so i think im out of luck this year
They told me that I am number 13 at the beginning of the wait period. They've taken 5 people in total, so I guess I'm number 8 now. Definitely don't think I'm getting in this year lolDon't want to get your hopes too high or anything but I might decline for NECO even if they offer me a spot
Last edited: