WATS 3D Technology for dysplasia in Barrett's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pathperson

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone trained to use this technology? Is anyone's GI clinic using this? We got a notice from our GI clinic that our diagnosis did not agree with WATS 3D. Luckily their NP was calling us about the wrong patient, but in any case I have never heard of this actually being used and did not know about it being used in my new job.

Any experiences?

http://www.wats3d.com/

Members don't see this ad.

That's some Skynet-age $h*t right there (dollar sign intentional).
Not experienced anyone using it, but if it means more revenue for GI groups, you can be sure as OBJ dropping catches in a playoff game at Lambeau & putting his fist through a locker room wall that it will become more popular.

I got some very limited info. The NP says they are not confused on the patient. It is the same patient. The WATS 3D says no dysplasia, and me, my senior guy and 2 GI paths in our group all say high-grade. Sampling error, duh?

It looks like it is being read by a "specially trained GI pathologist" but I am not sure who or where. The NP told our transcriptionist she does not know what they remove for this test, or how it is done, and says they have not used it in "a very long time." I guess I will call and ask for more info when I have time....

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone trained to use this technology? Is anyone's GI clinic using this? We got a notice from our GI clinic that our diagnosis did not agree with WATS 3D. Luckily their NP was calling us about the wrong patient, but in any case I have never heard of this actually being used and did not know about it being used in my new job.

Any experiences?

http://www.wats3d.com/

Unbelievable! I/we called this a cytobrush and have used it for a couple
decades.

They don't do 3D here that I know of, but some fool does EndoCdX brush here which is horse crap and has never proved useful in the slightest. I emailed an expert GI path about it and they said its just a money making scheme.