Wayne State alternate list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

siednarb

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on the alternate list at Wayne State - and I was wondering if anyone out there either is on the alternate list as well, is in but is waiting to hear from somewhere else and might give up their spot, or is a med student at Wayne and has any advice as to how many students get in off the wait list and when I can expect to hear.

They told me that their alternate list is not ranked - but I do not believe them. If anyone has some insight, I'm all ears!

Members don't see this ad.

I am also on their wait-list. I plan to attend MSUCOM this fall. Go Spartans!! They told me the same thing awhile back that it is not ranked. From what I understand, in years past they have ranked it, but this year they didn't. Sometimes this is simply due to time constraints of the committee (that's what they told me). The Dean Of Admissions retired in February. I think he'd traditionally be the one to decide who comes off the list. Not sure who will take his place. I have heard that they take about 75 people off the list. I, however, don't know the total number of people on this list. Just curious, any thoughts on how they pull people off their wait-list? Did you go to Wayne undergrad? Good luck.

reddy

[This message has been edited by reddy (edited 05-31-2000).]

Heya, I'm not sure how whether or not they rank their alternate list. They were supposed to send me some documentation about the whole alternate/waitlist thing but it was never sent to me. When were you interviewed? I was pulled off the alternate list the last week of April. If you haven't been pulled off yet don't sweat it, WSU is notorious for pulling people last minute.
Good Luck

well if it helps i turned down wayne a week and a half ago. good luck!