Wayne State Class of 2011 thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
which link do I click on to upload? sorry, i'm not much of a techie :oops:
you just check the 'accept the terms etc' box,
click 'browse' and find the file you want to convert (already on your harddrive),
then click 'submit' and it opens the newly unlocked file in acrobat.

hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad.

thanks. i've noticed some files dont' work. i've tried uploading a 15mb (or was it kb?) file. is it cus it's too big? is this common to not be able to unlock some files?

thanks. i've noticed some files dont' work. i've tried uploading a 15mb (or was it kb?) file. is it cus it's too big? is this common to not be able to unlock some files?

not sure...i only tried this crack a few times with files from blackboard, and they all worked.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone tried using the Michigan Medical Histology CD(the one we got at the library)? It doesn't seem to work on my computer. On the CD is says its for Windows 95/98/NT. I have Vista and didn't work with mine. My parents have XP and 2000 and didn't work on theirs. Does anyone who does not have 95/98/NT find a way to use the CD?

Has anyone tried using the Michigan Medical Histology CD(the one we got at the library)? It doesn't seem to work on my computer. On the CD is says its for Windows 95/98/NT. I have Vista and didn't work with mine. My parents have XP and 2000 and didn't work on theirs. Does anyone who does not have 95/98/NT find a way to use the CD?

i could have swore i used that on xp... anyways, how about trying it at the library? md labs? perhaps explain your problem to them and see if i can be installed on md or library computer(s) (of course i think all of these are xp as well, so prob won't work)...

if all else fails and you still want some pictures, you can buy the wheater's textbook. it is really nice and will be good for pics during second year. there are many websites are helpful too.. i mostly used google searches to find pics (either google image search or regular google search).

yeah, it's also supposed to be mac adaptable, but it ain't working on my comp either.

So my anatomy practical and histology scores are up, but not the written portion.... anyone else having this problem?

I guess it was just me... they forgot to transfer my score for some reason

random stuff like that happens.. but esp if u do not do your evals, they will withhold your scores.

So... how should I prepare for the small group on Thursday? Is the first lecture pretty much the only thing we will cover? Anyone have any ideas?

No idea what we should be doing, but I was thinking about just skimming through the lectures again. Does anyone even know what we're doing during that first meeting?

No idea what we should be doing, but I was thinking about just skimming through the lectures again. Does anyone even know what we're doing during that first meeting?

Just those few pages on the medical interview I would assume. Next time after Thursday is role playing.

So....I dumbly thought that since there were only two groups of test takers, there were only two groups of people who filled out evaluations -group A and B. No, because that would actually make sense. So I didn't fill out my evaluations on time. How long does it take to get your antomy written and histo scores now?

So....I dumbly thought that since there were only two groups of test takers, there were only two groups of people who filled out evaluations -group A and B. No, because that would actually make sense. So I didn't fill out my evaluations on time. How long does it take to get your antomy written and histo scores now?

2-4 days after you fill out your eval. you could try go talking to that guy (whoever he was) and tell him that you filled out your eval and were wondering if you could get your grade now... i have heard of him printing it off for people... when i went to ask him he told me to wait though.

Can someone tell me what the assignment is for tomorrow's Clin Med? I seem to have misplaced my assignment sheet... If anyone can help I would GREATLY appreciate it :)

Professionalism Assignment

1. Of the various definitions of professionalism you reviewed in this module, what single attribute is most critical to your own personal definition of professionalism? Briefly explain why.

2. Although you may have limited personal experience as a patient, reflect on your own experience or the experiences of family or friends as patients. Briefly complete one of the following:

Describe a patient-physician encounter where the physician demostrated the ideal of professional behavior. Emphasize and comment on those aspects of the situation that most clearly illustrate professionalism.

Describe a patient-physician encounter where the physician demonstrated unprofessional behavior. Emphasize and commet on those aspects of the situation that most clearly illustrate unprofessional behavior.

Professionalism Assignment

1. Of the various definitions of professionalism you reviewed in this module, what single attribute is most critical to your own personal definition of professionalism? Briefly explain why.

2. Although you may have limited personal experience as a patient, reflect on your own experience or the experiences of family or friends as patients. Briefly complete one of the following:

Describe a patient-physician encounter where the physician demostrated the ideal of professional behavior. Emphasize and comment on those aspects of the situation that most clearly illustrate professionalism.

Describe a patient-physician encounter where the physician demonstrated unprofessional behavior. Emphasize and commet on those aspects of the situation that most clearly illustrate unprofessional behavior.

Thank you, kind sir... :thumbup::D