Wayne State Class of 2013!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AmishMatt

I eat hot dogs
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have yet to find a thread for our class, and I thought it wouldn't hurt to have a place for those of us who are thinking of coming or are definitely coming to WSU this next fall to talk! I don't about you guys, but im pumped, especially for the new commons building that will be ready for us.

Members don't see this ad.

I spent my spring break looking at downtown apartments.. I did not like University Towers, everyone adviced me AGAINST going there, it is just a big dorm and noisy. I really like Studio One, but it is brand new, not many spots, and pretty pricey. The two I liked the most were Riverfront and River Place apartments. They are about a 4 minute drive, on the river. Riverfront is a little pricey but has a lot of amenities and security. River Place is good price and looks pretty cool. I still have a lot of researching to do. I may end up just going to a suburb like Grosse Pointe in the end...

Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm having trouble logging in to the scholarship application and apparently I need to change my password from the temporary one mailed to us. But I cannot figure this stupid thing out. I'm told to login w/ my temporary ID/password and go to "account" in the upper right corner but that just sends me straight back to the initial login page. This website is freaking frustrating...anyone have any luck w/ this?

Is anyone think about buying a home in the metro area? With the current state of the housing market, you can buy a home and have cheaper monthly payments than a downtown apartment (not to mention the tax breaks and profit upon selling).

I'm currently looking in the Royal Oak/Madison Heights/Clawson area, and I can't tell you how many homes are available.

Is anyone think about buying a home in the metro area? With the current state of the housing market, you can buy a home and have cheaper monthly payments than a downtown apartment (not to mention the tax breaks and profit upon selling).

I'm currently looking in the Royal Oak/Madison Heights/Clawson area, and I can't tell you how many homes are available.

Hey, I drove the area today, and there sure are alot of homes for sale. What price range are you shopping for? Im not sure that theres anything decent for my price range, but I havent done alot of shopping yet.

Hey!! I'm also going to be coming to Wayne this Fall. So Far I am looking at buying a condo at Riverfront. Their ammenities are really nice and its really safe down there. I did the BMS program at Wayne last year and I lived at the Park Shelton. That building is also really nice and it has been newly renovated. Its across the street from the DIA and public library and I know lots of med students who used to bike to class from there. Its worth checking out if you are looking to rent or buy a condo...

We are currently looking in the $110,000 price range. We started looking around the $80,000 price range, but a lot of homes were hit or miss (well, live-able or destroyed). Its a lot of work, constantly searching for houses on the market. But, a house bought for 110k with a 30 year mortgage and 5% down is a good deal under a thousand a month. Keep in mind too that most offers are generally placed 10% below the asking price.