Wayne State Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cindyloo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently on the waitlist after interviewing in November:(

Does anyone know how the waitlist works?

How do they decide who to take off the waitlist?

How many people actually get off the waitlist?

And do my chances of getting in decrease with time?

Thanks,
Cindy :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey cindyloo! You might remember me from the wayne state secondary thread.

I found this on another thread (MSU/WSU waitlist 2003):
hey... i was waitlisted at wayne state in november and was accepted in january. i went to visit the school in march and a lot of the students i talked to had been waitlisted and heard back in may that they had been accepted!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=65053

This one makes me happy because I was WL on November 26th and the January call date is coming up soon!

And I found this on the official 2008 waitlist thread:
Wayne State: Cowgirl in CA (WL: 11/28, A:5/15 phone call), gorey1 (WL 11/28, A: 5/14 phone)

Also, when I called in December the lady said "you're under further review, although...call back in January and that might change."

It was probably ambiguous advice that I decided to take positively, but I could of sworn she was hinting that I was close to acceptance. :soexcited:

In my past experience, people who got wait-listed earlier in the year can get offers on later offer dates.

So keep trying!

And if worse comes to worse... there is always next year. I am living proof that they will not wait-list you forever. Hopefully, no one else has to go through as many rounds as I had, but remember keep trying and it will happen.

Good luck everyone, and here's to meeting you in August. :luck: