WCU COM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
spoke with Emily today. she said that the class is barely at the 1/2 way mark of being filled. so for a class of 100 students, it is almost 50% filled.

good luck guys! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

spoke with Emily today. she said that the class is barely at the 1/2 way mark of being filled. so for a class of 100 students, it is almost 50% filled.

good luck guys! :luck:

Wow, thats really good. I hope tomorrow brings good news for a lot us.

Members don't see this ad :)
this is going to be a ridiculously long trip for me (im from Knoxville, TN). is it worth going to interview here? i've been accepted to one school already with more interviews on the way. im curious to see what else is out there but idk if its worth the drive or not

this is going to be a ridiculously long trip for me (im from Knoxville, TN). is it worth going to interview here? i've been accepted to one school already with more interviews on the way. im curious to see what else is out there but idk if its worth the drive or not

Since you are accepted to one school and if you know that you will attend that school, don't waste your time to travel for other interviews. You can save your energy, time and money. That is what I will do. If the school that you got accepted doesn't give you a definite answer whether you will attend there or not, then I would suggest you to explore more schools.

By the way, WCU-COM is a great school and they really invite people with genuine interests.

I agree if you're sure about the other school, don't waste your time. However, if there is any doubt you should check out WCU-COM. I had to drive 12 hours to be there and I have no regrets, though I didnt have an acceptance to fall back on. In your case, I wouldn't see it as a waste, simply b/c you probably have a good shot of being accepted. They are really serious about the people they invite for an interview.

Congratulations! I just got accepted as well. We interviewed the same day; I just finally signed up on here. Hope to see you in the fall!

I also interviewed within the last 2 weeks and felt it went really well. I did not receive a call today. I am wondering if everyone who gets accepted gets a call the same day or did I just not get accepted? Any info would help alot. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats to everyone that was accepted! i got the call this afternoon..what a relief! see yall in august!

Congrats BossDoc and getoutofgrenada -- I was pulling for you guys/girls.

Wow!!! So many acceptances today. Congratualations to all. :clap::highfive:

I will see yall in the fall. Remember to join the FB page.

Did anyone hear from WaterDragon? Did he/she get a call?

Did anyone hear from WaterDragon? Did he/she get a call?

Hi, TexasGuy2010! Thanks for asking about me, haha. Well, unfortunately, I haven't got a call today. However, I decided to attend ATSU-KCOM. I wish I could attend here and see you guys next Fall, but any DO school will give you the best education opportunity. I wish you the best luck to you and happy holiday and new year!!!

Last edited:

Well done to all the new members of the 2016 class of WCU-COM. We look forward to seeing you next fall!!!!!!!!

Hi,
Does anyone know what percantage of the applicants that WCUCOM interviews they accept?
I think they have a great program.

The call was nice, but getting that official acceptance letter today was better. Such a great feeling. Good luck to those interviewing soon.

I just received the mail letter saying that I am accepted even though I haven't got a call last Friday! However, I decided to attend ATSU-KCOM. This is a great school with great people! No doubt about that. I wish you guys the best luck in your education and future. Happy holidays and early new years, everyone!

Hi,
Does anyone know what percantage of the applicants that WCUCOM interviews they accept?
I think they have a great program.

I think the % should be high. They only interview 6 people per interview scheduled date. So, once you are invited for the interview, you have a very good chance of getting in unless you give them negative impression during the interview day. Good luck!

I think the % should be high. They only interview 6 people per interview scheduled date. So, once you are invited for the interview, you have a very good chance of getting in unless you give them negative impression during the interview day. Good luck!

Thank You for the info :) Are there circumstances where a person interviewed and was not accepted or placed on a wait list?
My interview is in February so I am nervous that the class will be close to full acceptance by then.

I just received the mail letter saying that I am accepted even though I haven't got a call last Friday! However, I decided to attend ATSU-KCOM. This is a great school with great people! No doubt about that. I wish you guys the best luck in your education and future. Happy holidays and early new years, everyone!

Wishing you all the best at Kirksville!

Thank You for the info :) Are there circumstances where a person interviewed and was not accepted or placed on a wait list?
My interview is in February so I am nervous that the class will be close to full acceptance by then.

Hmm, I am not confident enough to say that all the people who did the interview were accepted, but most will get accepted. I am sure they can put someone on the alternative list or even deny like any other med schools do.

Make sure you are well prepared for the interview and you will be fine regardless when you interview. Obviously, by February, the class will be over half filled for sure, but it is NOT too late. If you are nervous about the date, call them or email them frequently about whether you can grab an earlier date.

Good luck WaterDragon at KCOM!

I wish I had received an interview at KCOM. :(

Don't sweat the Feb interview. There will still be spots open. I want to say it's closer to end of March or April before things are all full. I'm a second year and from my observations, about 80% or better of the interviewees get an offer of acceptance. Congrats on the interview!

Good luck WaterDragon at KCOM!

I wish I had received an interview at KCOM. :(

Good luck to you as well! I wish I could be your next classmate, but I am sure you will be a great physician here at WCU!

Have a great holiday!

does anyone know how full the class is right now and how many acceptances have been offered?

do most interviewees get accepted? just curious. bored and can't sleep lol. might as well do some research

do most interviewees get accepted? just curious. bored and can't sleep lol. might as well do some research

When you are invited for the interview at this school and if you do well during the interview, you will get in. This school will make you feel that they really care about you. For example, they only invite a maximum of 6 people per interview date.

Last edited:
Don't sweat the Feb interview. There will still be spots open. I want to say it's closer to end of March or April before things are all full. I'm a second year and from my observations, about 80% or better of the interviewees get an offer of acceptance. Congrats on the interview!

Thank you everyone for your answers. :)

getting very excited for this interview!

getting very excited for this interview!

We are happy to have you coming down for the interview. (We need more Tennesseans at WCU!) If you have any questions about the school, then I will happy to answer what I can.

AH! I interview a week from today, and I don't know where time went. Any last minute words of wisdom? And I feel crazy, but I can't find the forum where previous interview questions are posted. I've been there before, but it's hiding from me.

AH! I interview a week from today, and I don't know where time went. Any last minute words of wisdom? And I feel crazy, but I can't find the forum where previous interview questions are posted. I've been there before, but it's hiding from me.

Heres the Interview feedback link: http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/wcu-com/survey/27

Don't worry. It's really laid back and straight-forward. As everyone has said on here, they are really serious about you if you got the interview invite. Good luck.

blip1990,

First of all, congrats on your interview and good luck!

Relax, though! If they invited you to interview, they are very serious about you! Just be yourself, answer their questions (none of which will surprise you in their content) and talk to us (the current students) at lunch! We're excited to have you come this way! :)

Thanks, BossDoc and DrSooner :)

I'll be sure to look for you guys at lunch; I'm so excited to get to meet some of you! And thanks much for the luck, I'll let you know how it goes!

Thanks, BossDoc and DrSooner :)

I'll be sure to look for you guys at lunch; I'm so excited to get to meet some of you! And thanks much for the luck, I'll let you know how it goes!

I interviewed a month ago...and it seems like the class isnt even half-way full, so you're in good shape.

Sounds great, I was a little sketchy about the January interview.

Just mailed off my deposit... $3000 was a bit steep, oh well

what hotels did you stay at? looking for a cheap(ish) place but not one where i'll end up spooning with cockroaches

The Microtel is perfect for a one night stay. Small, cheap, and very clean. It's on Hardy Street which is the "main drag."

The Microtel is perfect for a one night stay. Small, cheap, and very clean. It's on Hardy Street which is the "main drag."

I stayed at microtel as well...no complaints