WCVM c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

two_cutenewts

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi WCVM hopefuls.

We are one month away from applications opening up --- and we don't yet have a forum page.

As always, I hope this can be a place to ask questions and support each other in the upcoming months.

Good luck everyone 🍀

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone, I'm a first year at WCVM and can answer any questions you guys have!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone! I’m wondering if WCVM does rolling admissions, or if there are any benefits to applying early?
TIA 🤗

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I’m wondering if WCVM does rolling admissions, or if there are any benefits to applying early?
TIA 🤗
Not really. The only difference is for international students who get interviews and acceptances earlier. I do not think it has any advantage to your app if you are applying for a provincial seat. Last year I was pretty sure I was the forth to apply, based on my application number.

Reactions: 1 user
Question, does anyone know whether you can check yes to an ag focused seat even if you do not fit the eligibility but are wanting to be a rural mixed animal practitioner some day? Thanks in advance!

Question, does anyone know whether you can check yes to an ag focused seat even if you do not fit the eligibility but are wanting to be a rural mixed animal practitioner some day? Thanks in advance!
I believe you need to meet the requirements, but you can write about it in your bio!

Hello, in the education section where it ask you to give detail about scholarship and academic awards, does anyone know if you just list when and what scholarship/award or did they want like a paragraph talking about the scholarship/academic awards.

Hello, in the education section where it ask you to give detail about scholarship and academic awards, does anyone know if you just list when and what scholarship/award or did they want like a paragraph talking about the scholarship/academic awards.
You can definitely just list them and the relevant dates

Does anyone know when WCVM releases updates for OOS applicants? Will we get an email to upload our fall transcripts?

Did you guys have anyone read over your application and is there anyone that is willing to read over mine?

Did you guys have anyone read over your application and is there anyone that is willing to read over mine?
I have had help reading over my statement every time, and in a such small amount of words, it is helpful. I have never had anyone read over my experiences though.
I would be happy to read over yours if you would like?

Last day to get your applications in. Then the worst starts, waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Happy new year and February!

The transcript deadline has passed and references are due two weeks from now.

If anyone is interested in prepping and practicing for interviews together please feel free to drop me a msg.

Does anyone know from past experience if they let everyone know when 1st round interview invites go out? For example, if I didn't get one, will I still be notified that those invites went out? Thanks!

Has anyone received an email stating when their interview is? I am from the BC pool and it says that notifications will be sent out early-mid April or late May.

Does anyone know from past experience if they let everyone know when 1st round interview invites go out? For example, if I didn't get one, will I still be notified that those invites went out? Thanks!
I don't believe they do until after all of the 2nd round invites are out. but you can always ask!

Has anyone received an email stating when their interview is? I am from the BC pool and it says that notifications will be sent out early-mid April or late May.
First-round interviews are the week of May 1 - May 4!!

Does anyone have any advice for interview prep? Any help is appreciated thank you :)

Does anyone have any advice for interview prep? Any help is appreciated thank you :)
Know your application really well, read up on current animal welfare problems and issues in the veterinary profession. Good luck everyone!

Has anyone heard anything regarding second round? I'm getting anxious...😬

Reactions: 1 users
I just got a second-round interview! Hang in there!

Congrats! I am hoping to apply this upcoming year. Do you know what the GPA cut off is for second round interviews usually? I will be a BC applicant!
Im actually not too sure what the cut off is this year. I know last year it was pretty low but admissions did say there are more applicants this year and a little less than 40 spots due to the Ag seats and the one Indg seat

if you do not get a second round interview but had a first round interview what does that mean?

Congrats! I am hoping to apply this upcoming year. Do you know what the GPA cut off is for second round interviews usually? I will be a BC applicant!
It is so variable, during 2020 applicants went down. So I think it is anyone's guess? It is also weird that they did not post the grade range this year as they have done previously. It is worth going through the past threads, there might be insights

In the first round you have the highest, or forecasted, grades and second round you have the next highest. So you are in a better place to get first-round interviews.

if you do not get a second round interview but had a first round interview what does that mean?
If you already interviewed then you are just waiting for final decisions in mid-June. Second round interviews just mean that a second batch of applicants are interviewed, it doesnt mean that people are interviewed for a second time.

Also, if anyone wants to practice interviewing let me know. I did it last year so I like to help, and perfect some of my own answers too ☺️

Anyone else finding the waiting until decision day completely unbearable??

Hey! Any fellow RVTs applying for fall 2024? good luck to all waiting on letters.
Hoping to get some pointers on application process... I havn’t looked at previous apps but was curious about averages that have been called in for interviews. I have one more year of pre-reqs so I’d like to boost my mark as much as I can.

Hey! Any fellow RVTs applying for fall 2024? good luck to all waiting on letters.
Hoping to get some pointers on application process... I havn’t looked at previous apps but was curious about averages that have been called in for interviews. I have one more year of pre-reqs so I’d like to boost my mark as much as I can.
Not an RVT but also applying fall 2024! I think for BC the lowest I've heard get called for interview (and based on previous forums) is a 79-80% overall not including best year, however, I know sometimes even if you get an interview they will say you sill need to get your grades up so not entirely sure on the accepted average. My advice is only to take the pre reqs you need and then take courses you enjoy/interesting arts electives maybe because those will be instantly grade boosting. I wish I did this rather than working towards a chem degree and taking courses that were impossible to do well in because I wasn't interested, in my 4th year I started taking upper level bios and psychs and did super well, so its all about what you enjoy:) As for experience you already have clinical experience under your belt so maybe work on some community involvement, hobbies, and other species? For example if you worked as a small animal tech maybe find some large animal volunteering? This is what I have heard from some technician friends who have applied!

Anyone else finding the waiting until decision day completely unbearable??
I am so excited for all of you ! I know every single person here deserves to get in:) No matter the outcome remember you did your absolute best and that you are a dedicated, smart individual!

Final Decision letters are posted!!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm in! I can't wait to meet and become friends with all of you in real life!

Last edited:
So classes start on the 14th of August but dorms have a move in date around September 5th. Anyone know if there are exceptions to this rule or is it just find someplace to stay for the first 3 weeks?

So classes start on the 14th of August but dorms have a move in date around September 5th. Anyone know if there are exceptions to this rule or is it just find someplace to stay for the first 3 weeks?
Graduate housing lets you move in earlier

Is anyone in search of accommodations? I am searching for 2 roommates!

does anyone know if any kind of facebook group has been made yet?

does anyone know if any kind of facebook group has been made yet?
Yes there is! It’s “WCVM Class of 2027”

I also have a room for rent in my 2 bedroom apartment 5 mins from the university for anyone interested! (I’m going into my 3rd year at WCVM)

Last edited: