We are less than 5K from the Gen Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EctopicFetus

Keeping it funky enough
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would let everyone know. I wont be the one leading this charge but thought in light of our conquest of path some of you padders might be interested.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, don't know if I have the time to take charge eithr, you know 4th year is so hectic, probably more so then residency and first year of med school combined.

Anyways, gotta get back to watching my x-files.

Dude this yr is incredibly rough.. I mean it is nothing compared to the hours I put in the library.. It kind of reminds me of what a friend of mine from B school told me..

A little background.. So I was talking to him when I was studying my butt off for 2nd yr and the boards.. I call him up when he was in B school to talk. I was like yeah man it is real rough etc.. He tells me.. Yeah, I thought b school would be easy but man partying 5 days a week is tough.. He was being dead serious.. Yeah 4th yr is like that! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
EctopicFetus said:
Dude this yr is incredibly rough.. I mean it is nothing compared to the hours I put in the library.. It kind of reminds me of what a friend of mine from B school told me..

A little background.. So I was talking to him when I was studying my butt off for 2nd yr and the boards.. I call him up when he was in B school to talk. I was like yeah man it is real rough etc.. He tells me.. Yeah, I thought b school would be easy but man partying 5 days a week is tough.. He was being dead serious.. Yeah 4th yr is like that! :)

I guess we just need to be resting before next year, apparently it is tougher.

Rohit, (your old name)

Are you seriously telling me next yr will be harder than this one? If thats the case maybe Ill just withdraw from the match.. I thought the hardest part was over? :)

i'll add one

and another

You know what kind of sux.. so i show up for my 1st day of ophtho and no one tells me that Cook County is basically closed today.. All the clinics are empty and to make matters worse even the admin staff isnt there and didnt tell me anything..

Of course I showed up at 8 and was home by 9.. thats the good side..

Just thought I would put this out there.. Them being the Gen residency forum

Us - 35,974

Them - 40,813

That's a difference of 4839, Im just saying..

Members don't see this ad :)
I thinks thats way over ambitious.. but who knows.. they will be more of a challenge than path.. snooze...

Man this is like that broken antenna thread that was in the everyone forums years ago. Shoot its probably still there.

Q

southerndoc said:
I have a feeling we'll surpass them within the month.

Keep up the strong work people!

Wow, someone IS ambitious!

I guess it is good to have goals..

I guess the big thing is that we probably have the most viewed post at over half a million views of Things I learn from my patients. Path will never have this over us.

:D

Us - 36,254

Them - 40,917

That's a difference of 4663, Catching up by about 50 posts per day!

We caught up by 176

Us - 36,743

Them - 41,149

That's a difference of 4397, on the 16th we were down by 4663 Catching up by about 50 posts per day!

We caught up by 266 posts.. Hmm could this really happen?

EctopicFetus said:
You know what kind of sux.. so i show up for my 1st day of ophtho and no one tells me that Cook County is basically closed today.. All the clinics are empty and to make matters worse even the admin staff isnt there and didnt tell me anything..

Hey same thing happened to me today -- it's presidents day!! Thanks for letting me know the OR's were closed and since I'm on GAS I'm off. oh well, better than the alternative -- staying all day. There by 8, home by 9. :) Loving 4th year.

yep 4th yr is nothing to complain about..:)

And need i mention that even going in to work for radiology is very optional? even at 8... or 9?

No one seems to be excited about this..

Deuist i took a class on that as a 2nd yr elective.. i also hear a lot about it from my wife...

We caught up by like 700 posts in 8 days.. not bad at all!

Us - 37,123

Them - 41,289

That's a difference of 4166, on the We caught up by about 200 posts over the last 2 days!

FYI less than 50 posts until we are under 4000..

EctopicFetus said:
FYI less than 50 posts until we are under 4000..

doing my morning postpadding duties.

ok, out to do some cardiology now!

pfft cardiology.. off for 3 hours of ophtho! :) then gym... then studying for my ophtho test tomorrow and PS2... WOO HOO!!

4k behind now!!! Nicely done.. especially since we havent even been trying

no. we haven't been padding at ALL.
ectopic, you still have TESTS????????????

EctopicFetus said:
Madden 2006 time!! YES!!

so i was at barnes and noble the other day and we had a fire alarm had to evacuate. good thing was there is a best buy right there, where I spent the next 30 minutes kicking a 13 year old's butt in the demo madden 06. its fun.

irrka said:
no. we haven't been padding at ALL.
ectopic, you still have TESTS????????????
4 hours a day of ophtho requires a test.. last one though! No more exams until residency!

JackBauERfan said:
so i was at barnes and noble the other day and we had a fire alarm had to evacuate. good thing was there is a best buy right there, where I spent the next 30 minutes kicking a 13 year old's butt in the demo madden 06. its fun.
I used this tactic a few times on the trail. When I was in St Louis I was staying the night after my interview @ a friends.. She worked until 5 and we were done at like 3.. I went to Best Buy and played the 360!

EctopicFetus said:
I used this tactic a few times on the trail. When I was in St Louis I was staying the night after my interview @ a friends.. She worked until 5 and we were done at like 3.. I went to Best Buy and played the 360!

yeah, but the only bad thing is you can only play with patriots or eagles. I'd much rather play with 'real' nfl teams....hahah i really dont' like either of them. heck give me the arizona cardinals at least they have larry fitz.

But who is gonna throw to Fitz.. You know what irks me.. is how they make Ron Mexico aka Vick so much better in the game than he is in real life.. he is a pretty junky QB.. He is avg at best.. I could list 10 QBs I would rather have.

ON the 360 I was playing some war game.. it was interesting and the graphics were AMAZING! :oops: Im getting the ps3 for graduation!! Woo hoo!!

EctopicFetus said:
ON the 360 I was playing some war game.. it was interesting and the graphics were AMAZING! :oops: Im getting the ps3 for graduation!! Woo hoo!!

i'll probably make the same investment, my ps2 is only being used as a dvd player right now. Yeah, I agree about Vick, one year he was sooooo fast, all I did was Shotgun (whatever play doesn't matter), and then just sprinted left or right and would always gain me a few yards, many times get me like 40 haha.

OVERRATED!!! I do like McNabb though.. he is a quality player. When I was in Vegas I ran into him and Torry Holt.. McNabb is HUGE!! Giant Muscles.. I was amazed he looked like a LB.. Now only if my Fins can get a QB :) I would be happy with Brees, Culpepper, or any of the 3 guys who will be 1st round picks this yr..

EctopicFetus said:
OVERRATED!!! I do like McNabb though.. he is a quality player. When I was in Vegas I ran into him and Torry Holt.. McNabb is HUGE!! Giant Muscles.. I was amazed he looked like a LB.. Now only if my Fins can get a QB :) I would be happy with Brees, Culpepper, or any of the 3 guys who will be 1st round picks this yr..

so, how did the year's with fiedler at the helm go for you? hahahah that must be hard.

time to go watch Final Destination 3. wonder if it will be any different than the other two.

Dude Fiedler is/was terrible Wanny got fired cause he was too dumb to realize that we needed a new QB. Saban is on the right track, players want to play for him and I like the offensive core.. R Brown, Chambers and McMichael.. Need some help on the OL and of course at QB.. this will be resolved..

Hey how is the alabama pro team... nuff said :D

Heck we also had Marino! GREAT QB!!