We overtake surgery in # posts. Right here! Right now!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
stormjen said:
Hey that wasn't me, it was my late grandpa. I heard he used to strain the booze through his old t-shirts. Not very appealing, but then he was an alcoholic and had to get it somehow.
Mmmmm....old t-shirt. Is that kind of like aging in a white oak barrel? Maybe yields a smoky flavor.

Members don't see this ad.

cytoborg said:
Mmmmm....old t-shirt. Is that kind of like aging in a white oak barrel? Maybe yields a smoky flavor.

Beats the heck outta me. I try not to think about it.

stormjen said:
Beats the heck outta me. I try not to think about it.

I wasn't thinking about it either, but now that you have mentioned it, well I can't stop thinking about it.

Just like Andy has ruined drinking fountains for me!

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
I wasn't thinking about it either, but now that you have mentioned it, well I can't stop thinking about it.

Just like Andy has ruined drinking fountains for me!
go to bed. leave the water fountain saving crusades to me. you need good sleep and rest before your big weekend.

AndyMilonakis said:
go to bed. leave the water fountain saving crusades to me. you need good sleep and rest before your big weekend.

Like my new signature? Room I can be funny. It was even funnier at like 7pm when I walked into the signout room and the attending had taken all my neat little piles of slides which were organized and prioritized and completely wrecked it. It took me another 1/2 hour to figure everything out again and get organized for tomorrow. And goldangit I have FIVE femoral heads to gross in tomorrow. I hate femoral heads. Worst specimen ever.

yaah said:
Like my new signature? Room I can be funny. It was even funnier at like 7pm when I walked into the signout room and the attending had taken all my neat little piles of slides which were organized and prioritized and completely wrecked it. It took me another 1/2 hour to figure everything out again and get organized for tomorrow. And goldangit I have FIVE femoral heads to gross in tomorrow. I hate femoral heads. Worst specimen ever.
I thought you liked head. oh woops...wrong forum.

Room I was fun, I agree. So fun that spending one week in it was not enough. I had to go back for more.

who's the attending?

AndyMilonakis said:
I thought you liked head. oh woops...wrong forum.

Room I was fun, I agree. So fun that spending one week in it was not enough. I had to go back for more.

who's the attending?

The pediatric guy. Don't know if you know him. Room I is interesting but there are a lot of uninteresting cases. Lots of femoral heads and oral cavity biopsies and lipomas. Although, as many say, there are no uninteresting cases. We also had a non-ossifying fibroma with aneurysmal bone cyst type changes. And tomorrow I get to gross in a humeral head osteosarcoma and a liposarcoma of the thigh as well as my 15 lung cancers and 15 femoral heads and probably 5 neck dissections. :cool:

yaah said:
The pediatric guy. Don't know if you know him. Room I is interesting but there are a lot of uninteresting cases. Lots of femoral heads and oral cavity biopsies and lipomas. Although, as many say, there are no uninteresting cases. We also had a non-ossifying fibroma with aneurysmal bone cyst type changes. And tomorrow I get to gross in a humeral head osteosarcoma and a liposarcoma of the thigh as well as my 15 lung cancers and 15 femoral heads and probably 5 neck dissections. :cool:
does he have the same name as the admissions guy? bah wtf am i doing...i don't care about his anonymity. Dr. Ruiz right?

AndyMilonakis said:
does he have the same name as the admissions guy? bah wtf am i doing...i don't care about his anonymity. Dr. Ruiz right?

:cool:

Yeah they get emails meant for each other all the time. He was ranting on tuesday about getting a batch of med student applicant thank you letters. I told him he should have replied to them and said, "As far as I can tell, you're in!"

yaah said:
:cool:

Yeah they get emails meant for each other all the time. He was ranting on tuesday about getting a batch of med student applicant thank you letters. I told him he should have replied to them and said, "As far as I can tell, you're in!"
yeah...well as far as i know, he's the only pediatric pathologist at U of M (i'm probably wrong about this). That's cool though. Ruiz is a cool peoples.

AndyMilonakis said:
yeah...well as far as i know, he's the only pediatric pathologist at U of M (i'm probably wrong about this). That's cool though. Ruiz is a cool peoples.

He's the main guy. Not sure who covers when he is away.

Thought you were bringing my CD back!

yaah said:
He's the main guy. Not sure who covers when he is away.

Thought you were bringing my CD back!
oh yeah...sorry about that. the thing is that i don't work near the main hospital now. so all i need is an excuse to walk to the hospital complex. perhaps i will grab lunch at the cafeteria tomorrow.

AndyMilonakis said:
oh yeah...sorry about that. the thing is that i don't work near the main hospital now. so all i need is an excuse to walk to the hospital complex. perhaps i will grab lunch at the cafeteria tomorrow.

I'll get it eventually. Just that this month my free time is somewhat limited and I left at about 7:45pm tonight and that was because I rushed to get out of there.

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
I'll get it eventually. Just that this month my free time is somewhat limited and I left at about 7:45pm tonight and that was because I rushed to get out of there.
Nah...i've kept it long enough. I'll try to bring it to you in Room I tomorrow before getting some chow (if I wake up in time). See, with my Blue pass, I have many options for parking. In fact, I can park near the hospital to get some chow and return your CD. Then instead of walking 5 minutes to go to LSI, I could drive from the hospital to my lab. :D

blue passes kick ass!

AndyMilonakis said:
Nah...i've kept it long enough. I'll try to bring it to you in Room I tomorrow before getting some chow (if I wake up in time).

Oy. That's right, I need to go to bed. That alarm is going to go off in 6 hours. :scared: :cool:

Pingu said:
Still, the EMers are formidable opponents...they are as capable of posting asinine stuff as we are...this may be our first real challenge

Their "journal club" subforum is not exactly smoking hot. :sleep:

I think we can pass them for sure! I'm closing in on 50 posts!! :cool:

beary said:
I can't believe I have over 100. So many posts... so little content.

beary said:
Their "journal club" subforum is not exactly smoking hot. :sleep:

I think we should have a journal club too. Our first journal article will be this one from People magazine on the breakup of Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards only one or two months after she decided to pose naked with his approval. :laugh:

What do you all think? Did the nude photo spread ruin their marriage? Was it doomed from the start? Has Charlie resumed his cocaine habit?

bananaface said:
I looked there and they do not seem to have silly conversations going on at all. Am I hallucinating?

Looks like the "pharmacy supernerd" is taking too many hallucinogens. :p

yaah said:
I think we should have a journal club too. Our first journal article will be this one from People magazine on the breakup of Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards only one or two months after she decided to pose naked with his approval. :laugh:

What do you all think? Did the nude photo spread ruin their marriage? Was it doomed from the start? Has Charlie resumed his cocaine habit?

I think a pathology journal club is a fabulous idea!! If we put all of our brilliant pathologist minds together, we will be able to solve important unresolved questions like:
does Michael Jackson actually have vitiligo?
JFK assassination - lone gunman or conspiracy?
what is REALLY going on at Area 51?
will Martha Stewart's stock continue to rise after her release from prison?
are Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey in trouble? :love:

beary said:
I think a pathology journal club is a fabulous idea!! If we put all of our brilliant pathologist minds together, we will be able to solve important unresolved questions like:
does Michael Jackson actually have vitiligo?
JFK assassination - lone gunman or conspiracy?
what is REALLY going on at Area 51?
will Martha Stewart's stock continue to rise after her release from prison?
are Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey in trouble? :love:

1) Yes he does. He bleached his skin. He probably had patchy vitiligo but couldn't stand it so he went for the definitive treatment.

2) Lone gunman. He was shot from behind from an angle appropriate with the window in the book depository.

3) They are wasting taxpayer money.

4) Yes, because the american people now think she is worthy of praise and has suffered and was a victim of misplaced justice (even though she wasn't). She will be glorified now and will be omnipresent and will probably double her net worth.

5) She told me over breakfast this morning that they were taking a break.

yaah said:
All I know is that her career can only go up from here, man - pose nude, ditch the dead weight has-been, and the sky's the limit!

yaah said:
That's a lot of posts! Might take years!
I think if I responded to every thread in the path forum with "blobby" i think we could get within 4000 posts of them.

yaah said:
5) She told me over breakfast this morning that they were taking a break.

Oh my, does that mean that Nick is available for me?? :love:

We could become a forum of pathologists dating celebrities.

Yaah + Jessica Simpson
beary + Nick Lachey

If you see Nick soon, tell him to PM me. :D

beary said:

Yaah + Jessica Simpson
beary + Nick Lachey
correction...

Yaah + LaFawnduh

mm_fruit.gif

That is quite a collection! I feel your angst ;)

The pan story has happened to me, numerous times. My roommate leaves dishes on the countertop (not the sink, she hates piling them in the sink because they look dirty) for days and days and you got it, days until there's no counter space left for anyone to cook on and then I get fed-up and pile it in the sink.

And then she asks why I didn't just put them in the dishwasher.

~
She's also fond of baked cheese casseroles and expects the dishwasher to get rid of the crusties after she tried scrubbing the dish and they wouldn't come off.

I said that's like expecting a fridge to do the work of an air-conditioner.

You should honestly consider telling your cute fuzzy friend to stay locked up inside.......we have a serious gunner on this forum!
violent-smiley-006.gif

Harbster said:
You should honestly consider telling your cute fuzzy friend to stay locked up inside.......we have a serious gunner on this forum!
violent-smiley-006.gif

oh god. this again?

deschutes said:
The pan story has happened to me, numerous times. My roommate leaves dishes on the countertop (not the sink, she hates piling them in the sink because they look dirty) for days and days and you got it, days until there's no counter space left for anyone to cook on and then I get fed-up and pile it in the sink.

I said that's like expecting a fridge to do the work of an air-conditioner.
The pot brownie thing too, hm?

Actually, the fridge will make the room warmer overall. It's a cruel joke! :laugh:

beary said:
Oh my, does that mean that Nick is available for me?? :love:

Yaah + Jessica Simpson
beary + Nick Lachey

If you see Nick soon, tell him to PM me. :D

Jessica Simpson might be interesting to look at, but she isn't much more than that and really doesn't hold my attention. But if you want Nick, that's fine with me. Just bear in mind his job is basically following Jessica around, so he might be a bit boring.

If I was going to date a celebrity I am not sure who I would choose. They all seem so vapid to me. Maybe Charlize Theron?

yaah said:
Jessica Simpson might be interesting to look at, but she isn't much more than that and really doesn't hold my attention. But if you want Nick, that's fine with me. Just bear in mind his job is basically following Jessica around, so he might be a bit boring.

If I was going to date a celebrity I am not sure who I would choose. They all seem so vapid to me. Maybe Charlize Theron?

so you're over jennifer love hewitt already?

AndyMilonakis said:
so you're over jennifer love hewitt already?

I'm talking about dating here, not a purely physical relationship. Actually, Charlize probably isn't worth pursuing either.

yaah said:

Yes, but if he and Jessica are on the outs, doesn't that mean his new job would be following me around? That doesn't sound boring to me at all!! :love:

beary said:
Yes, but if he and Jessica are on the outs, doesn't that mean his new job would be following me around? That doesn't sound boring to me at all!! :love:

I dunno, he sounds like kind of a dull person. Might get old pretty quick.

I don't know if their relationship is in trouble but generally the tabloids are right. They were right about Brad and Jen. And the Olson Twins.

yaah said:
I don't know if their relationship is in trouble but generally the tabloids are right. They were right about Brad and Jen.

The pressure of tabloid rumors on a struggling relationship shouldn't be discounted.

:love: Brad :love:

stormjen said:
The pressure of tabloid rumors on a struggling relationship shouldn't be discounted.

:love: Brad :love:

So which Brad is preferable, out of curiosity?

River Runs Through It Brad?
10042512.jpg

or Legends of the Fall Brad?
10104010.jpg

I believe yaah would prefer the first picture over the second.