1. Wedgie has been around for a long time and provided so many tips, tricks, spreadsheets to help others; this is just another example of what he provides to the premed community
2. This spreadsheet, like the LizzyM calculator (she is an adcom at some stratospheric school on east coast), is a guide. Guide. That's all. You have to think about the schools listed and as you stated, think about the fit, the direction of the school, the class make-up (age, etc.)
I qualify for A schools but, hmm, knowing me and my background, there is not ONE school on the list I am qualified for no matter my MCAT score or GPA, why? I'm simply not a good fit for their student model... I'm okay with that but in using Wedge's guide, I was able to find other schools that I would never have thought of.
So, before disparaging something remember, it's just a guide. A good guide, just like LizzyM's and for most of us, the Wedge + Lizzy got us to where we want to be.
I am happy to hear you got into a school that excites you - best of luck to you in the future!!