weighting of the PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

disruptor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just curious, for the total composite score, are the vocab and reading comprehension sections weighted less? I'm just going to write the PCAT next week and kind of figure I don't really think I need to study that hard, if at all for those sections. Im good for bio,math, and chem so I think if I get 90s in those my composite should look pretty good? Reason I am not putting so much time in the reading comp and vocab is I'm 1 month into the semester and would rather use the week b4 the pcat to study for upcoming exams..Thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you get above a 75 in those other sections you should be good. For UT, 50 is acceptable, and anything above 75 is considered competitive.

All the sections are weighted the same. You can't really study for reading comprehension and I found that trying to study for the verbal ability section was a waste of my time. You should be fine if you have done well and learned what you were taught in your pre-reqs. Good luck.