Weird person

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ysk1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A while ago, someone in my class asked me about my msn. Last semester he was one of the people in my group for a group project and I was familiar with his face and saw nothing bad about him so I just told it to him.
He logs in often and always starts the conversation first by popping up a new message box.
But then when we see each other at school, he never talks to me, never greets me in the hallway when we see each other, and never have a conversation. Once we saw each other in the eye in the hallway and I tried to smile and greet to him but then he avoided his eye and just walked away.
He is like a different person at school compared to how he behaves in msn.
We are really good friends and have good conversation through msn but we're like complete strangers at school.
Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

A while ago, someone in my class asked me about my msn. Last semester he was one of the people in my group for a group project and I was familiar with his face and saw nothing bad about him so I just told it to him.
He logs in often and always starts the conversation first by popping up a new message box.
But then when we see each other at school, he never talks to me, never greets me in the hallway when we see each other, and never have a conversation.
He is like a different person at school compared to how he is in msn.
We are really good friends and have good conversation through msn but completely opposite at school.
Any ideas?
Lmao!!! are you in junior high?

Members don't see this ad :)
O no reason...I have a little brother In Junior high...and itseems like he has similar situations.

LOL

OP: i feel silly asking this, but are you 100% sure the person you are talking to on msn is the same person you see around school? there's no chance you're mixing up the msn guy with some other random classmate?

also, i agree with humid... talk to this person about this odd behavior when you chat on msn.. maybe he's just shy? let's hope that's the case.

also, i agree with humid... talk to this person about this odd behavior when you chat on msn.. maybe he's just shy? let's hope that's the case.

Yeah maybe just shy... I am shy too, but this seems a little middle schoolish even to me ;)

Opposite sex, peut-etre?

But then when we see each other at school, he never talks to me, never greets me in the hallway when we see each other, and never have a conversation. Once we saw each other in the eye in the hallway and I tried to smile and greet to him but then he avoided his eye and just walked away.
We are really good friends and have good conversation through msn but we're like complete strangers at school.
Any ideas?

Sorry I think you posted in the wrong forum. This is more for pre-medical issues, not junior high scandals. Why would you start up a new post about this, rather than instant message your friend?

Reminds me of South Park when Stan's sister meets her online boyfriend in real life and the awkward events that follow :p

Probably schizoid or avoidant (type A or C) personality disorder. Can function hiding online but not in person, for whatever reason, maybe fear of rejection. Unless you want to put a LOT of effort into your "friendship" and getting him out of his shell, this is probably the pinnacle of what it will be. Enjoy your online conversations.

That or there could be worse going on in his head, you never know.

Maybe he thinks he's talking to someone else...

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably schizoid or avoidant (type A or C) personality disorder. Can function hiding online but not in person, for whatever reason, maybe fear of rejection. Unless you want to put a LOT of effort into your "friendship" and getting him out of his shell, this is probably the pinnacle of what it will be. Enjoy your online conversations.

That or there could be worse going on in his head, you never know.
Wow...you did not just say that. 6 classes by Ana Campo and you've got a diagnosis? LMAO...

I'd be a little bit worried if you are a girl and he is a guy. Perhaps it's time to fire up that taser and avoid the dark alleys for a while...

Seriously.

Perhaps it's time to fire up that taser and avoid the dark alleys for a while...
Yea because all shy people are stalker/criminals :rolleyes:

Actually OP, I'm betting you are female and he, being shy, wanted your MSN so he could try to get to know you outside of class. Then he realized you aren't interested and so he's afraid of you? That's my first guess.

Wow...you did not just say that. 6 classes by Ana Campo and you've got a diagnosis? LMAO...

Haha, no no...not JUST the 6 lectures by campo...also first aid and BRS behavioral science...clearly, the preponderance of the evidence lies in favor of that differential :laugh:

Then again, maybe the kid is just straight up weird. I don't know the DSM for that one.

Any ideas?

I would probably talk to him on msn and see if he wanted to meet person to person for ice cream if you can talk your mom into taking you to meet him.

Heh, I bet that the OP is actually the aforementioned "weird person" and is just checking on what the general public feels about how he "picks up" chicks. Go get 'em tiger! If you keep trying, maybe one day..

Heh, I bet that the OP is actually the aforementioned "weird person" and is just checking on what the general public feels about how he "picks up" chicks. Go get 'em tiger! If you keep trying, maybe one day..
What made you think that? Btw, the "weird person" I mentioned above is a guy and I'm a guy as well. :confused:

I think most of us thought this was girl/guy thing. :oops: Sorry.

What I said at the top still holds. If he's open to talking through messenger, ask him there. He seems to be more comfortable communicating that way.

What made you think that? Btw, the "weird person" I mentioned above is a guy and I'm a guy as well. :confused:
He might still like you and be shy. In other words he might be gay.

Some of the smartest students are sometimes pretty shy. Many of us probably had some tough times fitting in high school because of prejudices. I would hope that whatever happened in high school would stay in high school. I'm assuming we're all pretty much in college here and on top of that, pre-med (if that means anything). Some autism awareness wouldn't hurt: http://www.autism-society.org/.

P.S.: Many of you spend a lot of time online instead of socializing one-on-one. What do you think about that?

P.S.: Many of you spend a lot of time online instead of socializing one-on-one. What do you think about that?

I can "socialize" online (on sdn, aim, FB) WHILE i do my step 1 studying (during breaks and intermittently). I can't socialize with all my friends in person while I study or I would get nothing done, borderline pass step 1 and be forced to practice family medicine in honduras for the rest of my life.

Both guys eh? Well, why don't you confront him nicely....like, "hey man, you like the MSN messenger a lot. Wanna hang out for a bit?"

Take the initiative.

It's funny that this "weird guy" is the least creepy thing on this thread