1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Weird VCU Status Update...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SeminoleFan3, Jul 31, 2006.

1. SeminoleFan3

SeminoleFan3 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    So, I got this status update from VCU today:
    "The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken."

Could this be any more cryptic? So, now what? Am I on hold? I haven't found one person yet who's gotten a VCU interview invite. What in the freakin' world does this mean?!
    Anyone else get this or something different from them?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tacrum43

tacrum43 Behold the mighty echidna
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    That message looks familiar. :laugh:

It's okay, a lot of people still get an interview who get that message. Just be patient and realize that something like 60% of people who get a secondary do in fact get an interview, and it can indeed be any time now that the invite comes. Furthermore, being complete so early like this is good too because they add some bonus points to your "score" the longer you wait. At least, that's how they did it last year.

4. SeminoleFan3

SeminoleFan3 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It's just so vague. I mean, what's the point of an update if I'm more confused now of where I stand than before it was issued? Grrrr. :mad:

5. crazy_cavalier

crazy_cavalier T3-Weighted
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Ohh? It's time for more of their BS messages. Good luck dealing with their sh!tty status system.

6. LT2

LT2 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i posted a response to this in the 2007 MCV thread before i saw this one. basically, don't count yourself out, many times these vague emails are followed up by good news...