Weird VCU Status Update...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeminoleFan3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I got this status update from VCU today:
"The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken."

Could this be any more cryptic? So, now what? Am I on hold? I haven't found one person yet who's gotten a VCU interview invite. What in the freakin' world does this mean?!
Anyone else get this or something different from them?

Members don't see this ad.

SeminoleFan3 said:
So, I got this status update from VCU today:
"The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken."

Could this be any more cryptic? So, now what? Am I on hold? I haven't found one person yet who's gotten a VCU interview invite. What in the freakin' world does this mean?!
Anyone else get this or something different from them?

That message looks familiar. :laugh:

It's okay, a lot of people still get an interview who get that message. Just be patient and realize that something like 60% of people who get a secondary do in fact get an interview, and it can indeed be any time now that the invite comes. Furthermore, being complete so early like this is good too because they add some bonus points to your "score" the longer you wait. At least, that's how they did it last year.

It's just so vague. I mean, what's the point of an update if I'm more confused now of where I stand than before it was issued? Grrrr. :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
Ohh? It's time for more of their BS messages. Good luck dealing with their ****ty status system.

SeminoleFan3 said:
It's just so vague. I mean, what's the point of an update if I'm more confused now of where I stand than before it was issued? Grrrr. :mad:

i posted a response to this in the 2007 MCV thread before i saw this one. basically, don't count yourself out, many times these vague emails are followed up by good news...