We're having a little girl!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NTF

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Week 20 ultrasound - It's a girl!!

I'm so glad I don't have to play the pronoun game anymore.

Members don't see this ad.

AAWWW CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! :D:clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
How exciting! Now all you have to do is limit the number of cute clothes you buy before she arrives. ;)

Congrats! I can't wait to stop playing the pronoun game, too! :D But it'll be a while...

That's great news! Best of luck.

P.S. Were they really SURE about the ultrasound? My first one (14 weeks) turned out to be a mistaken ID. They told us it was a girl, but both I and my husband were surprised, because we both had a strong hunch that it was going to be a boy. Then, at the second ultrasound, they said, "Did we say a girl? Silly us."

Congrats man! So it looks like not only did you get into 5 schools this application cycle, but you're also about to become a dad. Seriously, how did you get this lucky? I wish you the best with both endeavors next year!

- CM

That's great news! Best of luck.

P.S. Were they really SURE about the ultrasound? My first one (14 weeks) turned out to be a mistaken ID. They told us it was a girl, but both I and my husband were surprised, because we both had a strong hunch that it was going to be a boy. Then, at the second ultrasound, they said, "Did we say a girl? Silly us."

There's always that possibility. lol. But things are alittle clearer in a week 20 ultrasound vs. a week 14 one where things can be equivocal sometimes.

Either way, healthy and happy is all I'm hoping for.

THANKS FOR ALL THE WELL WISHES EVERYONE! :D

Congratulations! Do you have a name picked out yet?

Congrats!! And another congrats on all your acceptances.
My baby girl will be here in two weeks or so! :banana:

How exciting! Now all you have to do is limit the number of cute clothes you buy before she arrives. ;)

Indeed!! As soon as my sister-in-law got the news at her 20-wk ultrasound, she couldn't pass up ANYTHING cute and girly! . . . and of course, she got a TON of stuff at her shower. Here's what my niece's closet looked like a few days before her arrival. They had trouble stuffing things in! jocelyn's clothes.JPG

We kept joking she would have to be changed 5 times a day to wear all of those clothes! (and I have a sneaking feeling that she outgrew a ton of stuff before it could be worn!)

Anyway, CONGRATS!

It's true, and especially for a first baby, you will probably get a TON of gifts. Personally, I say don't buy anything (ok maybe a few teeny sleepers) until baby is about 6 weeks old. Then you'll know: big/small, fast grower/slow grower, hair/no hair etc. That's about what we did for our first, also a girl. :)