NTF

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
Week 20 ultrasound - It's a girl!!

I'm so glad I don't have to play the pronoun game anymore.

About the Ads

sindadel

10+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
How exciting! Now all you have to do is limit the number of cute clothes you buy before she arrives. ;)

Nanon

An urban myth.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2000
Status
Congrats! I can't wait to stop playing the pronoun game, too! :D But it'll be a while...

student1799

"Señora” to you, hombre
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2008
Status
Medical Student
That's great news! Best of luck.

P.S. Were they really SURE about the ultrasound? My first one (14 weeks) turned out to be a mistaken ID. They told us it was a girl, but both I and my husband were surprised, because we both had a strong hunch that it was going to be a boy. Then, at the second ultrasound, they said, "Did we say a girl? Silly us."

ChairmanMao

Serving the People
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2008
Hell
Status
Non-Student
Congrats man! So it looks like not only did you get into 5 schools this application cycle, but you're also about to become a dad. Seriously, how did you get this lucky? I wish you the best with both endeavors next year!

- CM

NTF

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
That's great news! Best of luck.

P.S. Were they really SURE about the ultrasound? My first one (14 weeks) turned out to be a mistaken ID. They told us it was a girl, but both I and my husband were surprised, because we both had a strong hunch that it was going to be a boy. Then, at the second ultrasound, they said, "Did we say a girl? Silly us."
There's always that possibility. lol. But things are alittle clearer in a week 20 ultrasound vs. a week 14 one where things can be equivocal sometimes.

Either way, healthy and happy is all I'm hoping for.

THANKS FOR ALL THE WELL WISHES EVERYONE! :D

sunny1

10+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
Congrats!! And another congrats on all your acceptances.
My baby girl will be here in two weeks or so! :banana:

CultureDoc

MSII
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2007
The 'Ville
Status
Medical Student
How exciting! Now all you have to do is limit the number of cute clothes you buy before she arrives. ;)
Indeed!! As soon as my sister-in-law got the news at her 20-wk ultrasound, she couldn't pass up ANYTHING cute and girly! . . . and of course, she got a TON of stuff at her shower. Here's what my niece's closet looked like a few days before her arrival. They had trouble stuffing things in! jocelyn's clothes.JPG

We kept joking she would have to be changed 5 times a day to wear all of those clothes! (and I have a sneaking feeling that she outgrew a ton of stuff before it could be worn!)

Anyway, CONGRATS!

sindadel

10+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
It's true, and especially for a first baby, you will probably get a TON of gifts. Personally, I say don't buy anything (ok maybe a few teeny sleepers) until baby is about 6 weeks old. Then you'll know: big/small, fast grower/slow grower, hair/no hair etc. That's about what we did for our first, also a girl. :)

About the Ads