West Virginia University '08 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
For those admitted to WVU SOP Class of 2012... I found our fall 2008 schedule online.

http://www.hsc.wvu.edu/sop/students/Registration_Schedules/Fall2008/1yrfall2008.html

There's also this first year packet that I found. (I think this is the web version of the packet they are mailing to us very soon)

http://www.hsc.wvu.edu/sop/students/Registration_Schedules/FirstYearMaterials/

I'm sure they are about to tell us about these things, but I was bored and found them on the site. haha

Thanks for posting these links!!!

Heh. First semester. The depressing part is that outside of physiology, it's more or less a waste of time. Just a warning to all of you. It gets WAAAY more interesting and exponentially harder in the second year. Dr. Davis' pharmacology class 3rd semester is probably considered a form of torture under the Geneva Convention.

So don't feel bad that you might think you "aren't learning anything." That's because you aren't. They put all of the fluff classes that are more or less a requirement from the ACPE that shouldn't be in the first semester. Like pharmacy as a profession, the laughably unrealistic patient education class, and Dr. Ma's physical chemistry class.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if people joining WV this fall 2008 for PharmD have already got a place to stay.

I have no clue about the place and it would be very helpful if anyone aware could share info. about which area would be close to Pharmacy school and if there are any good apartments around.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if people joining WV this fall 2008 for PharmD have already got a place to stay.

I have no clue about the place and it would be very helpful if anyone aware could share info. about which area would be close to Pharmacy school and if there are any good apartments around.

Classof2012, check your PM...

Has anyone heard anything more about receiving laptops from the SOP. I know during the tour after my interview they said it was expected that we would be issued laptops, but we haven't received anything with information about that. I was just wondering if maybe they decided against that or what was going on with that situation.

Has anyone heard anything more about receiving laptops from the SOP. I know during the tour after my interview they said it was expected that we would be issued laptops, but we haven't received anything with information about that. I was just wondering if maybe they decided against that or what was going on with that situation.

I received information about the laptop at the very end of June. Perhaps since you were admitted later they have yet to send you the copy. It's a Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet. Total cost- 2400. (800 each yr for three years) The letter says it is part of the tuition and fees. We pick them up anywhere between August 4th and the start of orientation.

I think the first year packet should have been sent soon, but I'm out of town visiting my family so it's probably waiting in my mailbox.

I received information about the laptop at the very end of June. Perhaps since you were admitted later they have yet to send you the copy. It's a Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet. Total cost- 2400. (800 each yr for three years) The letter says it is part of the tuition and fees. We pick them up anywhere between August 4th and the start of orientation.

I think the first year packet should have been sent soon, but I'm out of town visiting my family so it's probably waiting in my mailbox.

Damn, they are screwing you, youngin'. $2400 for a dual-core? Ouch....

Damn, they are screwing you, youngin'. $2400 for a dual-core? Ouch....

The notebook itself is 1600... software, insurance, tons of other misc expenses and that's how they come up with 2400. It's included in tuition and fees which I have full scholarships for so it doesn't matter to me! :D

But I agree... it is kinda ridiculous.

I just got accepted on Monday. See everyone next week.

Congrats SRN! See you on Wednesday.