Western 3rd/4th years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JamesBond15

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A question about the 3rd and 4th years at Western. I heard from some Western alumni that the school sort of "abandons" students during the 3rd/4th years. Has that changed? Can anyone give any experiences about scheduling their 3rd/4th year rotations?

Also, where can I find a information about which hospitals students rotate through. Not just the affiliated hospitals, but specifics such as Internal Medicine at blah blah, Family Medicine at blah blah...

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

A question about the 3rd and 4th years at Western. I heard from some Western alumni that the school sort of "abandons" students during the 3rd/4th years. Has that changed? Can anyone give any experiences about scheduling their 3rd/4th year rotations?

Also, where can I find a information about which hospitals students rotate through. Not just the affiliated hospitals, but specifics such as Internal Medicine at blah blah, Family Medicine at blah blah...

Thanks a lot!
I have several friends at the school that I met as a premed on the interview trail as well as on rotations and still keep in touch with. They ALL have said the same thing about abdonment. They said 2 people are in charge of the entire 3rd and 4th year rotations and basically any requests go to the bottom of a pile and get read after you graduate. That sucks since they're still paying over $42,000 in tuition :thumbdown:

I'm a current 4th year and this is far from the case now. During the third year we came back to campus every 3 months and took shelf exams, saw SP's (prep for the step2 PE exam) and had didactics. In the 4th year, they make you do a series of projects: case presentations, patient logs, CME's, and some buisness course. To be honest, at this point in the year a little abandonment would be nice. any more qs feel free to pm me