Western c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KDeVore

Western U c/o 2023
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
@SkiOtter encouraged me to begin this thread because for some reason it was ~*non-existent*~.

Anyways, welcome to the Western c/o 2023 page.

Old Class Links for Timeline Purposes:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I applied too! Hoping for the best

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied as well and got invited for an interview a couple of days ago. I am from Florida so I am looking forward to heading out to California to begin the process next month!

Reactions: 1 users
I applied as well, from Michigan.

I applied as well and got invited for an interview a couple of days ago. I am from Florida so I am looking forward to heading out to California to begin the process next month!

Congratulations!!! But, man, they're fast this year.

I applied as well, from Michigan.
Welcome to the thread. :soexcited: BTW Michigan is such a pretty place!

When was your vmcas verified?? Congrats on the interview!!

Welcome to the thread. :soexcited: BTW Michigan is such a pretty place!
Thanks!! And I love every season here (except when it's too cold to exist :dead:)

Thanks!! And I love every season here (except when it's too cold to exist :dead:)

I bet! I used to live in Wisconsin. I remember those winters, arctic temps and black ice. Snow is beautiful but also very scary.

Good luck to everyone! I applied here this cycle as well... first time applicant! :hello:

I got an interview invite today! And it’s my in state

Ppl who got interview invites... when did you submit your apps? Did you get them in particularly early? Just wondering if they are sending invite requests so quickly to those who got apps in earlier/if invite timing is at all related to application timing or if it’s totally separate from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ppl who got interview invites... when did you submit your apps? Did you get them in particularly early? Just wondering if they are sending invite requests so quickly to those who got apps in earlier/if invite timing is at all related to application timing or if it’s totally separate from that.

I submitted my app end of August.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted mine early August but wasn't sent to the committee for review until a couple of weeks ago

I submitted mine early August but wasn't sent to the committee for review until a couple of weeks ago

Did they send you an email or something that it was sent to the committee for review? I was verified on the 25th but haven’t gotten any emails from western since then.
How long after you were informed of it being reviewed did you get an interview invite?
(Sorry for all the questions, I’m just antsy :p )

Did they send you an email or something that it was sent to the committee for review? I was verified on the 25th but haven’t gotten any emails from western since then.
How long after you were informed of it being reviewed did you get an interview invite?

I submitted VMCAS on 8/21/2018
I submitted my secondary on 8/22/2018
I received an email stating my application was sent to review on 8/30/2018
I received an email for invitation to interview today 10/1/2018

Last edited:

I haven’t gotten an email either, but when I check the supplemental portal it says all of my stuff was in on 9/25 and my application has been sent to admissions for review. So hopefully that’s the same as them sending an email:xf::nailbiting:

I submitted the secondary app August 17th
Submitted VMCAS September 3rd
And got an email that it is in review September 13th
Have not heard anything else yet.

If you read the previous threads, invites come in waves, so don't panic yet! Some members noted interviews weren't GPA based (i.e. higher GPAs get first round invites). It could be due to submission dates but again from previous years there are a few outliers. We may never know the *~secrets~* of Western's veterinary interview invites.

Here is my application timeline:
• 8/31 Secondary application submitted
• 9/9 VMCAS submitted
• 9/13 VMCAS verified
• 9/17 CAS application uploaded to portal
• 9/24 My third LOR was received by Western
• 9/28 Application is with the committee

I haven't heard anything yet!

I’m so anxious! The portal said they received everything by 9/17, but the status is still in “sent to admissions for processing.” Hopefully everything’s okay

Last edited:
When was your vmcas verified?? Congrats on the interview!!

Thank you! Unsure where I can see when my VMCAS app got verified, but WesternU Sent me an email on 9/11 saying "Your application has been processed and sent to the College of Veterinary Medicine Admissions Committee for review." and then I got the interview invite email on 9/28.

Last edited:
If you read the previous threads, invites come in waves, so don't panic yet! Some members noted interviews weren't GPA based (i.e. higher GPAs get first round invites). It could be due to submission dates but again from previous years there are a few outliers. We may never know the *~secrets~* of Western's veterinary interview invites.

Here is my application timeline:
• 8/31 Secondary application submitted
• 9/9 VMCAS submitted
• 9/13 VMCAS verified
• 9/17 CAS application uploaded to portal
• 9/24 My third LOR was received by Western
• 9/28 Application is with the committee

I haven't heard anything yet!

My GPA certainly isn't on the higher end, so I don't think it is based on GPAs. I did submit my application a few weeks before the deadline though.

UPDATE: just received an interview invite :soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations!

I never got an email from them after my vmcas application had been verified or that my application is under review. Has anyone else not been emailed yet? I don’t know if I should try emailing admissions or not.

I never got an email from them after my vmcas application had been verified or that my application is under review. Has anyone else not been emailed yet? I don’t know if I should try emailing admissions or not.
Not even the one that says “Secondary App received”?

Not even the one that says “Secondary App received”?
I got that one, I submitted the secondary app 8/24 and my vmcas was verified 9/21. On the website it has the checks next to everything that needs to be turned it, but I never got an email saying it had been received or had been sent to admissions for review.

I got that one, I submitted the secondary app 8/24 and my vmcas was verified 9/21. On the website it has the checks next to everything that needs to be turned it, but I never got an email saying it had been received or had been sent to admissions for review.
Me neither. The status just says that the application was sent to admissions for processing. I think new emails come when that initial status changes. I submitted everything 9/17... hope this eases you mind and is helpful

Me neither. The status just says that the application was sent to admissions for processing. I think new emails come when that initial status changes. I submitted everything 9/17... hope this eases you mind and is helpful
Okay that definitely makes me feel better! Every other school sent out the emails after the verification so I was getting worried. Hopefully ours is sent to review soon!

Sent to committee... now to patiently wait... :corny:

Congratulations!
Thank you! Hoping you hear back soon!

You could call and ask your admissions counselor! They're honestly super helpful. Alexandra is mine and when I asked about GRE scores she reminded me to get my LORs in hahaha. She's like do whatever you have to to get them in. But, I think it takes them a while to process the applications and I bet the majority of them come in right before the deadline. So sit tight!

Does anyone know if they'll be adding more dates to the interview schedule?

Does anyone know if they'll be adding more dates to the interview schedule?

I think last year they had 3 interview weekends last year? They had some late October, mid-November and early December from the looks of the thread.

I received an email that my application was in committee review a few weeks ago but it doesn't show that on my status in the application, it only shows submitted. Did anyone else's just show submitted?

I received an email that my application was in committee review a few weeks ago but it doesn't show that on my status in the application, it only shows submitted. Did anyone else's just show submitted?
Mine is the same way... I got 2 emails about it being with the committee but there is nothing notated in my portal (granted this was a couple days ago that I got the emails). I wouldn’t worry about it...

Mine is the same way... I got 2 emails about it being with the committee but there is nothing notated in my portal (granted this was a couple days ago that I got the emails). I wouldn’t worry about it...

Yes! Mine showed absolutely nothing even when my application was in review but "submitted." My portal wasn't updated until after I received the interview email.

Don't worry about it too much. But, call your admissions counselor if you need a peace of mind.

Got an interview invite a couple days ago and just booked my flights! I'm originally from New York, but currently living and working in New Hampshire since I graduated college here and decided to stay.

So my portal says “sent to admissions for processing” and it says that it has received everything (CAS app, 2ndary app, app fee, GRE scores, and 3 references) but then it says it is awaiting “Missing Course-Microbiology”
I know that I am missing micro but it says online and I emailed admissions early summer to double check that I could apply with one science prerec missing as long as it was completed by matriculation.
Do you know if they will continue to process/review my app with this marked as “missing” in the portal? No emails from them informing me of any issues... but now that it’s been a week since they received everything (the VMCAS stuff is all marked as received 10/1) and I haven’t gotten an email that it’s been sent to the committee for review I’m wondering if it could be an issue?
Anyone else have a missing prerec?

So my portal says “sent to admissions for processing” and it says that it has received everything (CAS app, 2ndary app, app fee, GRE scores, and 3 references) but then it says it is awaiting “Missing Course-Microbiology”
I know that I am missing micro but it says online and I emailed admissions early summer to double check that I could apply with one science prerec missing as long as it was completed by matriculation.
Do you know if they will continue to process/review my app with this marked as “missing” in the portal? No emails from them informing me of any issues... but now that it’s been a week since they received everything (the VMCAS stuff is all marked as received 10/1) and I haven’t gotten an email that it’s been sent to the committee for review I’m wondering if it could be an issue?

I have 2 missing prereqs and am finishing my degree so it shows I have 3 missing things that are in progress. My online portal doesn't show anything but submitted but I got an email that said sent to committee for review. Either way I don't think having anything in progress will cause them to not review your application but maybe it has to do with the order they process them in?

Got an interview invite a couple days ago and just booked my flights! I'm originally from New York, but currently living and working in New Hampshire since I graduated college here and decided to stay.

YAY! Congrats!!

I'm missing both semesters of physics that they require. My portal probably looks similar to yours with little red X's next to them. If you're currently enrolled in Micro, go ahead and submit a transcript (proof of enrollment) to Enrollment Data Services ( [email protected]). I had to do that since I'm currently enrolled in Physics Semester 1! But if you aren't enrolled, I wouldn't worry about it too much. They take transcripts until June 15th for unfulfilled pre-reqs.

Second application cycle, first time applying to Western!!

Reactions: 3 users
Also second application cycle with first time applying to Western. Anxiously waiting...

Last edited:
I heard yesterday that I received an interview! I am so excited, I am a 4th year applicant and a 1st year applying to Western. I was a little bummed they only let me choose from two dates in October for the interview though, didn't have much time to take off work. Any suggestions on the behavioral questions?

I heard yesterday that I received an interview! I am so excited, I am a 4th year applicant and a 1st year applying to Western. I was a little bummed they only let me choose from two dates in October for the interview though, didn't have much time to take off work. Any suggestions on the behavioral questions?
What were the two dates in October they offered you to interview??

Congrats! Which date did you choose? I will be interviewing the 27th!

So I was just offered an interview and have to chose between October 27 and 29. My problem is I interview somewhere else the 26th and I have an exam on the 29th.. anyone have any insight on the possibility that they’d let me interview at another time?

So I was just offered an interview and have to chose between October 27 and 29. My problem is I interview somewhere else the 26th and I have an exam on the 29th.. anyone have any insight on the possibility that they’d let me interview at another time?
Congrats! :woot: I know they have dates for November (first 2 weeks or so)... NO IDEA if they’ll accommodate requests though. Best to just ask them than to speculate!

Yay! Congrats! :happy:Just or if curiosity, when was your app sent to the committee?

Congrats! Did you already mention which application cycle this is for you and how many times you’ve applied to Western?