Western/COMP Lebanon Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the class filling up does anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

So excited!!!! Just got a call a bit ago for an interview on March 10th. I know it is the last date but I hope to impress them. Does anyone happen to know if they interview for the wait list, or does this mean that there are seats still open?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just interviewed here this weekend. Completely fell in love with the town and the school.

Here is a spread sheet that compares match lists, GPA/MCAT scores of matriculates, COMLEX scores, and other types of data. It includes:

-2011-2008 Match lists for many osteopathic schools
- comparison of match results between schools
-GPA/MCAT scores, a profiles of average matriculating students compared between all Osteopathic schools,
-COMLEX scores for some schools
- You'll also find comparison of tuition / graduate indebtedness between schools

https://sites.google.com/site/osteopathicreference/home

(I can't host the spread sheet on the forums because of size limits)

I apologize in advance that I will be mass posting this through out the forums this afternoon but many people have been looking for this data and I want the to be able to find it!

I will be canceling my interview for March 10th in the hopes that one of you SDNers waiting to hear back for one will get it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back yet after their interview on Feb 11th?

I am interviewing March 10th, and was wondering if anyone could provide some insight on which hotel you recommend? I don't mind spending a few dollars more if it is a better location (i.e. closer to campus) or nicer.

I am interviewing March 10th, and was wondering if anyone could provide some insight on which hotel you recommend? I don't mind spending a few dollars more if it is a better location (i.e. closer to campus) or nicer.

The pizza party is at the Phoenix Inn in Albany and it would be very convenient to stay there. Plan on about a 15 minute drive into Lebanon and good luck!

Thanks! What is the story with the pizza party? I have seen postings on here about it but not anywhere else.

It's an awesome opportunity to interact with some of the current med students and get to know the other applicants. You'll get an invite about a week before the interview and I highly recommend it. You are going to love Lebanon and the everyone at COMP-NW.

It's an awesome opportunity to interact with some of the current med students and get to know the other applicants. You'll get an invite about a week before the interview and I highly recommend it. You are going to love Lebanon and the everyone at COMP-NW.

That's about it, plus free food if you come of course. :p Basically we have some of the current students come out and eat and chat with the interviewees. It's a good time to get a feeling of what medical school life is like here and what our school has to offer (and what it may be missing). It is a time to come and meet your fellow interviewees and get honest answers from current students. Most of the time there are around 30 or so applicants and around 12 students there. It's a good time and if you stay at the Phoenix Inn all you have to do is walk downstairs. Hope to see ya there.

I also just received the call - ACCEPTED!!! So excited right now, this is by far my top choice school!!

~ Class of 2016!! ~

ACCEPTED!! :D Got the call a couple hrs ago, interviewed on 2/11.

Got the acceptance call today. I'm so incredibly happy and couldn't think of another place I want to receive my medical education. Fingers crossed for those of you still awaiting calls! :xf:

CONGRATULATIONS ALL! I'm getting a bit nervous myself. After I saw that calls went out (I interviewed 2/11 as well) I decided I just couldn't wait for a ring, so I called the school. I was told they didn't want to give out acceptance information over the phone...methinks that doesn't sound too good...

Just booked my flight to Portland, but figured I would see what the consensus was regarding the possibility of getting an acceptance at this point in the cycle vs. wait list. I'm interviewing on 3/10 (as far as I am aware, the last day). Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

Just booked my flight to Portland, but figured I would see what the consensus was regarding the possibility of getting an acceptance at this point in the cycle vs. wait list. I'm interviewing on 3/10 (as far as I am aware, the last day). Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

I interviewed last year on 3/26. I was accepted with at least 6-7 other people from that date, if not more than that. I'd say your chances are still as good as with any other interview date.

I interviewed last year on 3/26. I was accepted with at least 6-7 other people from that date, if not more than that. I'd say your chances are still as good as with any other interview date.
Glad to hear that. Mind if I ask roughly how many people interviewed in your group last year? I'm also from the east coast, but by no means tied to the area, and hope that it doesn't negatively affect me during the interview. Any suggestions or wise words would be appreciated.

There were about 30-35 of us, and I want to say that more than 6-7 were accepted, but I cannot remember exactly, it just so happens that I'm pretty close with those people. I don't believe that you will be negatively affected by being from the east coast. We have people from all over the country in our class. The best advice I can give you is be yourself, since you've made it to this point they've decided you have the grades, MCAT, and extracurricular activities to be a member of the school, all that is left is to show them that you'll be a good fit for the school and the class. Best of luck to you and I'd definitely recommend going to the pizza get together the night before the interview-it is a great opportunity to talk with current students and get your questions answered.

There were about 30-35 of us, and I want to say that more than 6-7 were accepted, but I cannot remember exactly, it just so happens that I'm pretty close with those people. I don't believe that you will be negatively affected by being from the east coast. We have people from all over the country in our class. The best advice I can give you is be yourself, since you've made it to this point they've decided you have the grades, MCAT, and extracurricular activities to be a member of the school, all that is left is to show them that you'll be a good fit for the school and the class. Best of luck to you and I'd definitely recommend going to the pizza get together the night before the interview-it is a great opportunity to talk with current students and get your questions answered.
I definitely plan on attending the pizza get together the night before. I figure I just need to show my interviewer how much I wish to attend. Do you (or anyone else) if we are able to be informed as to who our interviews will be?

I definitely plan on attending the pizza get together the night before. I figure I just need to show my interviewer how much I wish to attend. Do you (or anyone else) if we are able to be informed as to who our interviews will be?

Glad you will be attending the pizza session. It's definitely a great opportunity to meet students and the few faculty who attend; however, I don't believe you'll find out who your interviewers are until you walk into the interview room, at least that was how it was last year. The interviewers range from faculty members to community doctors to community members, such as the mayor of Lebanon and the head of the chamber of commerce.

Glad you will be attending the pizza session. It's definitely a great opportunity to meet students and the few faculty who attend; however, I don't believe you'll find out who your interviewers are until you walk into the interview room, at least that was how it was last year. The interviewers range from faculty members to community doctors to community members, such as the mayor of Lebanon and the head of the chamber of commerce.
That is alright about not knowing the interviewers prior. I like the fact that people from the community are involved, as it is them we will ultimately interact with. Neither will affect my motivations for attending. I am also looking forward to meeting the faculty and students at the pizza session the night before. I'm composing a list of questions at the moment.

Wow, so early
Haha, well yes! I am coming from northern NJ, so I had two flights and a long drive. Not to mention several hours in Chicago and a delayed flight. So all that said, I'm happy to finally be here and have a moment to catch my breath. I am looking forward to meeting you and other current students tomorrow evening (that is, if you will be there). It is a beautiful area and can definitely see myself moving here without hesitation.

Haha, well yes! I am coming from northern NJ, so I had two flights and a long drive. Not to mention several hours in Chicago and a delayed flight. So all that said, I'm happy to finally be here and have a moment to catch my breath. I am looking forward to meeting you and other current students tomorrow evening (that is, if you will be there). It is a beautiful area and can definitely see myself moving here without hesitation.
Make sure you get a drive to Corvallis and to Eugene, maybe even to the booming metropolis of Portland/Salem so you can see how much "entertainment" you will be missing out on. A trip to the mountain or to the coast is also worth while.

Good luck in your interview.

Make sure you get a drive to Corvallis and to Eugene, maybe even to the booming metropolis of Portland/Salem so you can see how much "entertainment" you will be missing out on. A trip to the mountain or to the coast is also worth while.

Good luck in your interview.

I'm sure there will be lots missed but that's what I'm signing up for. I did get a chance to check out Portland yesterday and I've been around Lebanon today. Maybe I'll swing by those other places if I have some time before I fly out.

Looks like the class has filled! To those of you who are going to be here next year, welcome! I can wait to meet all of you! To those who went to other schools, happy trails! I wish you guys the best and hope our paths cross in the future! And finally, to those who didn't make it or were waitlisted; good luck next year! They say that if you really want to become a doc, you will make it; you just have to find the right path! Improve those applications, add to them, and you will be going though this crazy experience called medical school before you know it! Cheers guys!!!!

I interviewed on February 11th, and I received a letter stating that I was on the alternate list on February 25th (they put it in the mail on the 23rd). I know this was a different interview date, but I it may help give you an idea.

I interviewed on February 11th, and I received a letter stating that I was on the alternate list on February 25th (they put it in the mail on the 23rd). I know this was a different interview date, but I it may help give you an idea.

Roughly two weeks then as I expected, hopefully I'll get an acceptance letter. Best of luck to you.