Western/COMP Lebanon Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are classes mandatory? I have read about clicker questions that are part of your grade and are essentially the measure of attendance, but also read that the lectures are available online so you can watch everything at home in your pjs.

Someone mentioned something about a dress code back on page one or two. Is there a dress code?

Members don't see this ad.

Are classes mandatory? I have read about clicker questions that are part of your grade and are essentially the measure of attendance, but also read that the lectures are available online so you can watch everything at home in your pjs.

Someone mentioned something about a dress code back on page one or two. Is there a dress code?

Some classes are mandatory like OMM, ECM (where you learn how to do physicals and such), and a few other classes but in general most are not mandatory. The clicker quizzes are for anatomy and you get tested on the material you are being taught for that day. This is the only class where it counts for your grade (so far at least). Some other classes just use them to poll the class to see if they are understanding the concepts. So yes you can watch pretty much everything from at home.

Technically the school says they have a dress code, but it is not enforced. People come to school in sweat pants and no one ever says anything. Where that stemmed from was that during the first week of class we had to dress professional because we are the first class and there were a whole bunch of people and press there. Since then they don't really care what we wear.

Some classes are mandatory like OMM, ECM (where you learn how to do physicals and such), and a few other classes but in general most are not mandatory. The clicker quizzes are for anatomy and you get tested on the material you are being taught for that day. This is the only class where it counts for your grade (so far at least). Some other classes just use them to poll the class to see if they are understanding the concepts. So yes you can watch pretty much everything from at home.

Technically the school says they have a dress code, but it is not enforced. People come to school in sweat pants and no one ever says anything. Where that stemmed from was that during the first week of class we had to dress professional because we are the first class and there were a whole bunch of people and press there. Since then they don't really care what we wear.

I figured that anatomy and any lab type classes would be mandatory, but it was sounding like all lectures were too. Thanks for clearing it up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great to see all of the interviewees today!!

After you all left, I spoke briefly to some of our professors...

word on the street:

"This was an exceptionally good group of interviewees."
"This group did really well with the standardized patients"
"They all seemed really nice, worldly, and mature"

Kudos to you for the above average reviews, and good luck in the next few weeks! I hope you all enjoyed your visit and will join us in the fall!

Great to meet my fellow interviewees yesterday, and this school in general. I came in with no expectations given that this is a young school, but I had a very positive impression of both the students, staff and interviewees.
Thanks nads1219 for that update, I know many of the interviewees including myself were not sure what to make of the MMI's because it is hard to gauge how you do in those situations. I found the main interview to be very cordial and pleasant, which I believe reflects positively on how this school treats its students.
Good luck everyone in the coming weeks!

Hope everyone is staying dry in Lebanon...we aren't in Salem. Gotta love access to the hospital almost completely blocked

I had an interview PNWU, had to cancel because they had 9 inches of snow. Here in Eugene we got soaked, some buildings on UofO campus flooded.

I got a phone call from Dr. Pham yesterday.......accepted for the class of 2016! :) interviewed January 14th. Good luck everyone!

Got the call today, accepted! This is my third year applying to schools and my first acceptance, so anyone who is still waiting I say never give up on your dreams. Good luck!

First off, congrats to everyone that earned admission,especially the January 14th interviewees!

I just heard back today and found out that I'm waitlisted. I wanted to see if any students currently at WesternU had advice on how to best show my intent to attend WesternU. WesternU really is my dream school right now, I grew up in the area and it's where I want to end up. The caliber of the campus and faculty really blew me away, there's such opportunity for students there.

Hearing from someone who's been through the process, especially a student at WesternU, could really help point me in the right direction. I was going to write a letter of intent to the dean and contact one of my interviewers to express my interest in the school and thank them for their time. What have you heard is a good approach for WesternU?

- Austin

First off, congrats to everyone that earned admission,especially the January 14th interviewees!

I just heard back today and found out that I’m waitlisted. I wanted to see if any students currently at WesternU had advice on how to best show my intent to attend WesternU. WesternU really is my dream school right now, I grew up in the area and it’s where I want to end up. The caliber of the campus and faculty really blew me away, there’s such opportunity for students there.

Hearing from someone who’s been through the process, especially a student at WesternU, could really help point me in the right direction. I was going to write a letter of intent to the dean and contact one of my interviewers to express my interest in the school and thank them for their time. What have you heard is a good approach for WesternU?

- Austin

First off, congrats to everyone who's been accepted!

Now on to answering this question, I can't say much about how to approach letters of intent/interest since I do not have any personal experiences with it. Just keep in mind the tone you use, and try not to be too emotional or overdramatic. A good letter will probably help, but a bad one will only hurt your chances. My best advice is that if you can, attend the OPSO (Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons of Oregon) monthly meetings. There are two locations you can attend for whichever is more convenient (Lebanon or Portland). I just browsed their website and I can see that the next 4 meetings are led by WesternU staff/faculty. From my experiences, the Oregon faculty do take notice of individuals who come out to these events regularly and are proactive. Will attending automatically get you in? No. But the chance to interact with the faculty gives you more opportunities to leave a positive impression, and those individuals could very well vouch for your application when it comes time to comb through the alternative list.

I would say there is a pretty decent waitlist movement at this school, so there is still a great chance you will get an offer, it's only a matter of when. Many Oregonian pre-meds who apply to this school also apply to OHSU, and OHSU sends out offers for the bulk of their class around June. So around June, don't be surprised if there are many students who opt to go there and relinquish their seat here.

If you got any more questions, feel free to keep posting. Several current students, including myself, keep close tabs on this forum to answer questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who is debating between PNWU and COMP-NW, I got accepted to both, and figured I'd throw out my observations of the two.

COMP-NW
Pros - people were nice, facilities are brand new, they are already accredited, oregon is pretty
Cons - small campus, limited study space (only 10 small rooms), lebanon itself seemed kinda trashy, no sim lab (unless we just missed it on our tour), a lot of broadcasted classes (depends on the person, you might like it), rains all the time

PNWU
Pros - people were nicer (really felt welcome and appreciated, this on my 4th interview in 11 days), new facilities, has a sim lab, a growing campus, seemed very aggressive in securing rotation and residency spots, liked the MMI interview format, lots of sunshine.
Cons - Yakima isn't exactly Mayberry, the crime rate is high, may have some issues with financial aid with provisional accreditation (i don't know about this, it's a speculation), cost of living is higher.

I was all set on PNWU, then I went to KCOM and liked it better, but of the two, I would endorse PNWU over COMP-NW. That said, COMP-NW was where I got accepted first, and if I hadn't gotten interviews anywhere else I would have gone there and been fine with it. That's my 2 cents, hope it helps, good luck y'all!

A good letter will probably help, but a bad one will only hurt your chances.

I would say there is a pretty decent waitlist movement at this school, so there is still a great chance you will get an offer, it's only a matter of when.

Ehhhh... I disagree....

First of all, think of how many people send in letters of intent. If you do send in letters of intent, make sure there will be something that sets your letter apart. Second, try something outside of the box with respect to getting in. I once read a story on here about someone writing a letter every month updating the school with important updates. Buuuut, that might not work for you. Do what you feel is right, just keep it professional.

This year as far as the wait list goes, I am not sure how many wait list spots will be offered a seat as admissions has a different process than last year.... but don't give up hope. Let's just say this year is an experience that nobody from last year can help you with, involving waitlist movement at least. :)

No matter what, if you don't have an acceptance, keep trying! I was always told, once you decide to get into medical school, you will get there, you just have to find the right path that will take YOU there.

Cheers.

COMP-NW
Pros - people were nice, facilities are brand new, they are already accredited, oregon is pretty
Cons - small campus, limited study space (only 10 small rooms), lebanon itself seemed kinda trashy, no sim lab (unless we just missed it on our tour), a lot of broadcasted classes (depends on the person, you might like it), rains all the time.

Juuust want to clarify a mistake there...
-There are 16 study rooms all equipped with your standard high def teles, etc.
-The Campus is in development and there will be other buildings being built in the near future.
-Oh and the rain... it's a pro for some people.
-Lebanon is a little backwater... but trashy? Ouch... The crime rate is very low here however.

That's all. Good luck at KCOM.

As a current student at COMP-NW and having previously interviewed at PNWU, I would also like to add...

90% of our classes were live this week. They really seem to be making it 50/50 as much as possible and I think it will keep improving.

Western-U has been aggressive in setting up rotations and residencies in the northwest for years.. years before PNWU existed. They are continuing to work hard for us to ensure more core roation sites and residency spots in the northwest. They already have osteopathic residencies set up in Corvallis in several specialties.

We may not have a simluation lab, but we have a badass cadaver lab and standardized patient lab.. I don't feel my education has been compromised due to a lack of a simulation lab (quite the contrary actually).

Ultimately I chose COMP-NW because of the accredidation (and subsequent financial aid), proven curriculum and excellent reputation of COMP. The people- faculty, staff and classmates have just been a really amazing bonus.

That being said, to each their own. It's REALLY important to pick a school where you feel you fit best- it will make your learning experience much better in every way. Happy med students make better physicians :)

Congrats to those accepted! and good luck to those still applying!

COMP-NW students in 2011 had an average MCAT score of 28 last year which is pretty high for DO schools, I am not sure where that ranks now but a few years ago only one school had an average of 28 and that was Western in Pomona.
I think it is a legitimate concern about the ability to secure good rotations given that COMP-NW does not yet have third year or even second year students, but given Western's track record in Pomona I think that they will do well. My cousin is at TUCOM-CA and she said she had a hard time with getting good rotations and they actually sent her down to Western's teaching hospital for one rotation.
I wouldn't call Lebanon trashy but the town itself was a bit of a concern for me, if only for the sake of my fiancee's happiness. She is black so I was a little worried when I parked on the street next to campus and next to a house with a prominently displayed confederate flag. But its Oregon and its near I5 so it can't be too bad, and there are quite a few college towns and cities in the area worth visiting.
For me the campus was very nice and my only concerns there are the lack of a dedicated library, and I am not certain what the availability of study rooms will be when the number of students doubles with the incoming second class. I am sure they will get it figured out but its tough to anticipate what it will be like.
I actually like the fact that this school is young and developing, I feel like as a new student we have some power to shape the experience of future students and to build the reputation for this new campus.

I think it is a legitimate concern about the ability to secure good rotations given that COMP-NW does not yet have third year or even second year students, but given Western's track record in Pomona I think that they will do well. My cousin is at TUCOM-CA and she said she had a hard time with getting good rotations and they actually sent her down to Western's teaching hospital for one rotation.

COMP-NW actually has been sending 3rd and 4th year medical students to core rotation sites throughout the PNW for a few years now. That is/was one of the best things Western did in establishing a campus here. They started with rotations, added residencies, and lastly built a campus (complete w/ Confederate flag-bearing neighbor). Could we use more residencies and rotations? Sure. But we're actually doing pretty well as a "new" campus goes.

To be fair to PNWU, their provisional accreditation does not negatively impact a student's ability to be eligible for the traditional loan options. The only school which has any issues is RVU because of their tax status. That should change once they graduate their first class and gain full accreditation.

To your concern about Lebanon, you're right. It's boring and pale. The question of fit between yourself, the town, and your fiancee is definitely not something we can help with over the nets. My wife did not brag about moving here on FB, but we're coping. Many of the students have spouses/SOs and they help to make a nice community.

COMP-NW students in 2011 had an average MCAT score of 28 last year which is pretty high for DO schools, I am not sure where that ranks now but a few years ago only one school had an average of 28 and that was Western in Pomona.
I wouldn't call Lebanon trashy but the town itself was a bit of a concern for me, if only for the sake of my fiancee's happiness. She is black so I was a little worried when I parked on the street next to campus and next to a house with a prominently displayed confederate flag. But its Oregon and its near I5 so it can't be too bad, and there are quite a few college towns and cities in the area worth visiting.
For me the campus was very nice and my only concerns there are the lack of a dedicated library, and I am not certain what the availability of study rooms will be when the number of students doubles with the incoming second class. I am sure they will get it figured out but its tough to anticipate what it will be like.
I actually like the fact that this school is young and developing, I feel like as a new student we have some power to shape the experience of future students and to build the reputation for this new campus.

To comment on the 3rd year rotations: since 2004 or 2006, Western Pomona has had the Northwest track program where they sent ~30 students/year to sites in Oregon and Washington for their 3rd year rotations. We all know that Western is best known for their solid rotations. I've seen many students comment that many of the NW track sites are also very good. They have had 4+ years to iron out all the kinks and filter out which site was good versus the bad. The real question is how well will Western ramp up from 30-40 slots to 100 slots, so we shall see. The nice thing about Western is that you do not have to independently search for your own sites during 3rd year core rotations. They are (or will be) already established and you are assigned according to a lottery system. As to lacking a "3rd year class", we technically do in the form of 3rd year Northwest track program students. Every 10 weeks, a group of 30 students come back to the Lebanon campus for a week to take their shelf exams. It provides a nice opportunity to talk to some upper classmen, get their insights, find out which rotation sites to avoid like a plague and which ones are golden.

To those that have significant others, if you do choose to come here, there are a few options. Corvallis is 20 minutes away and is a fairly medium-sized college town. Plenty of entertainment options and far more job opportunities than in Lebanon. Some students live there, it just depends on what sort of compromise is forged between couples as some sacrifice will need to be made to accomodate for one another.

Thats good that the NW track students paved the way for rotations, I hadn't heard that. I did like that COMP-NW has several rotations in desirable locations, including my hometown.
I am not to worried about Lebanon for myself, from what I have heard you stay so busy studying that location is really not too important in the scheme of how you spend your time.
My fiancee is a musician and the only programs that fit her needs for advancing her career are in Portland and Eugene, but we will make it work if we end up in Lebanon. We both like hiking and bicycling and outdoorsy stuff which Lebanon should be suitable for.
Do any current students live outside of Lebanon, and if so is it difficult to manage the commute and do you still feel a strong sense of community with fellow students?

... I am not certain what the availability of study rooms will be when the number of students doubles with the incoming second class ...

I plan on studying at home. I don't really understand the need to study on campus that so many people on this site like to talk about.

... To your concern about Lebanon, you're right. It's boring and pale ...

Sure, if you are looking for bars and clubs. But if you are looking for hiking, mountain biking, climbing, kayaking, paddle boarding, snowshoeing, skiing, motorcycle riding, off road driving and anything else outdoors then I'll take the spot nestled up against the Cascades.

... The real question is how well will Western ramp up from 30-40 slots to 100 slots, so we shall see. The nice thing about Western is that you do not have to independently search for your own sites during 3rd year core rotations. They are (or will be) already established and you are assigned according to a lottery system ...

They mentioned the sites and that not all rotations were set up, but they were hoping to have them in place. I also know I might have to knee cap some folks to rig the lottery in my favor for my desired site if I matriculate here.

They mentioned the sites and that not all rotations were set up, but they were hoping to have them in place. I also know I might have to knee cap some folks to rig the lottery in my favor for my desired site if I matriculate here.[/QUOTE]

I plan on rigging the lottery next year when we draw so I will be sure to tell you the best approach---usually you can lure med students anywhere with a few pizzas...like right out the door :)

Does anyone know when and how many interview days are left?
Usually one a month right?
Thanks

I heard that february is the last interview month. And theyre two dates in feb. I'm not too sure however.

Does anyone know when and how many interview days are left?
Usually one a month right?
Thanks

I heard that february is the last interview month. And theyre two dates in feb. I'm not too sure however.

No... There is one interview a month, consisting of 48 people. There are two interview dates left. One in February and one in March. March will be the last interview date of the season.

No, only one interview date per month. We only had one in January..there is one for sure in February and maybe one in March--

Spoke with admissions. There are two remaining interview dates for Lebanon: Feb 11 and March 10, both Saturdays.

For those of us interviewing Feb 11 or March 10, anyone know where a post is, or able to re-post, what interview day is like in western univ-lebanon? (does it require writing samples like pnwu, or so ive heard). Thank you!

and we also have one for everyone at the school, useful for selling stuff, and housing
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/181209155313805/

Being one of the ones that set up that second facebook page, I would say it's a place where you guys (2016ers) can chat about anything with the 2015ers... So while it's a place for what was mentioned, it's also just a place where we can get to know each other before next years bbq.

Being one of the ones that set up that second facebook page, I would say it's a place where you guys (2016ers) can chat about anything with the 2015ers... So while it's a place for what was mentioned, it's also just a place where we can get to know each other before next years bbq.
Thanks for adding that :thumbup:

For those of us interviewing Feb 11 or March 10, anyone know where a post is, or able to re-post, what interview day is like in western univ-lebanon? (does it require writing samples like pnwu, or so ive heard). Thank you!

We were greeted at the door as we entered by staff members and student hosts. They gave us a binder with info and a name badge then escorted us to the lecture hall. Once everyone is there they did a series of presentations from members of the staff. The dean introduced the staff that was present and asked all the interviewees to introduce themselves. Presentations cover the origin of the program, the future of the campus, the curriculum, established and proposed clinical rotation sites, the local area and maybe some other stuff too. There is an OMM demo/presentation in that lab.

There is a break for lunch and then we were split into three groups. One went on the tour, got pictures taken and fitted for a white coat. Another went for the 30 min panel interview (3 members - staff, profs, outside preceptors, etc.). They stuck to the time and clearly had read up on my application info. They wanted to know why DO, why Western and that campus specifically, and what my future goals were at this time. They asked about some time where I had to make a hard decision as well. There were some other questions, but I don't recall the specifics. They had a sheet of questions they are supposed to ask and took notes on my answers. It was pretty chill though I thought. The third group went to the MMI where you have two scenarios. We were asked to not disclose the nature of the scenarios, but they are short. As each group finished they rotated until all were done. When you were finished with everything you were clear to leave.

Everyone was very pleasant, helpful, and informative. The on campus staff is small and I think they were all there. That seemed a bit overkill to me. With so any of them talking to us it made it tough to get a lot of questions in as they needed to keep it moving and on schedule. It had a very "hard sell" vibe to me. I would have preferred a little less fluff in the sales pitch to allow more time for questions, but that's just my opinion. Other interviews I have been on the school has maybe half a dozen folks to interact with the interviewees plus a few student ambassadors. We had about 40+ interviewees and it seemed like 20+ school and town folk (I didn't count). Not really sure why the town manager had a presentation or why the mayor and his wife needed to visit with us.

There is no library so if you are a library rat, you will be out of luck. It doesn't bother me as I study at home or outside. My only gripe about the campus is the lack of a gym. For $4x,000 per year in tuition I would like a free place to work out. Yes, they subsidize the SamFit gym that is about 20-30 yards away, but it is still $35 per month and basically looks like a gerbil gym, not my style. My only gripe about the program is that they don't yet have all the clinial rotation sites set up yet. But they still have over a year to get it worked out for the current first year class.

That's about it.

Last edited:
There is no library so if you are a library rat, you will be out of luck.

Seriously? No library at all? How can a university build a campus without a library? Even something small, just textbooks and major journals and computers for accessing online databases... I'm shocked! Someone please tell me otherwise...

I withdrew my acceptance this evening, it was a difficult decision but another program near family ultimately was too hard to resist. It was especially hard to withdraw after how friendly, helpful and welcoming everyone had been. I had a very positive impression of this program and I really think it is going to take off. Best of luck to those of you still waiting, and I hope to work with current/future students when I return to the Pacific Northwest

Seriously? No library at all? How can a university build a campus without a library? Even something small, just textbooks and major journals and computers for accessing online databases... I'm shocked! Someone please tell me otherwise...
They have a dedicated section at the Lebanon library, which is maybe a mile walk away.

So, besides the collection of books at the local library we have an online library and the professors at the school have tons of books and if you want a book from Pomona they will send it up here for free. Although, I can say that I have not suffered in any way from not having a library on campus....believe me, you have enough study materials to keep you busy and the internet is quicker anyway :)
@Cooperd0g--I am sorry to hear that you think the massive community involvment was overkill. The mayor and all of the people in this small community are so excited about the addition of the medical school and bringing more physicians into Oregon that they want to be part of every step. They have made the transition of moving and going to school here so comfortable. They purchased medical bags for us and basically treat us like we are their grandkids...they are so proud they often refer to us as "their medical students". We are a pretty close-knit class and have no problem sacrificing a weekend to entertain the new interviewees and just be present (faculty and students included). I can understand that not getting to ask as many questions could be frustrating but I can assure you it was not their intent to fill you full of fluff. We are just an excited group down here and everybody wants to be a part of everything.---and to clarify, there are plenty of clinical rotation sites set up...because, as stated in this thread before, there was a northwest track lbefore this campus came about...and we have several new sites they are currently working on. I have no doubt there will be plenty of choices for my class of 2015 and they will just keep increasing

With so any of them talking to us it made it tough to get a lot of questions in as they needed to keep it moving and on schedule. It had a very "hard sell" vibe to me. I would have preferred a little less fluff in the sales pitch to allow more time for questions, but that's just my opinion.

You know, we hold a pizza night the night before where you can come and talk with students uncensored and ask every question imaginable. The students stay until every question is answered. I am sorry to hear that you didn't/couldn't take advantage of that, but many many of your colleagues did and all their questions answered.

@Cooperd0g--I am sorry to hear that you think the massive community involvment was overkill. The mayor and all of the people in this small community are so excited about the addition of the medical school and bringing more physicians into Oregon that they want to be part of every step. They have made the transition of moving and going to school here so comfortable. They purchased medical bags for us and basically treat us like we are their grandkids...they are so proud they often refer to us as "their medical students". We are a pretty close-knit class and have no problem sacrificing a weekend to entertain the new interviewees and just be present (faculty and students included). I can understand that not getting to ask as many questions could be frustrating but I can assure you it was not their intent to fill you full of fluff. We are just an excited group down here and everybody wants to be a part of everything.---and to clarify, there are plenty of clinical rotation sites set up...because, as stated in this thread before, there was a northwest track lbefore this campus came about...and we have several new sites they are currently working on. I have no doubt there will be plenty of choices for my class of 2015 and they will just keep increasing

Don't get me wrong, I thought their enthusiasm was genuine and I appreciate it. Just maybe not the right forum for it. Perhaps at the pizza night or at the barbecue that was mentioned at the start of school. And I could easily be the lone idiot on this. Everyone else could have loved it. Maybe the hard sell is needed for the younger students by showing them all about the community whereas I am an older non-trad outdoor enthusiast who likes small towns so it sells itself to me.

You know, we hold a pizza night the night before where you can come and talk with students uncensored and ask every question imaginable. The students stay until every question is answered. I am sorry to hear that you didn't/couldn't take advantage of that, but many many of your colleagues did and all their questions answered.

I know and I would have attended, but travel arrangements precluded that possibility.

I like the school, love the location, and think the clinical rotation sites are great. The clinical director said in the interview that not all of the sites are set up to accommodate the new volume of students, but they are currently being set up. They were previously sending 30-40 students per year and now will be sending 100. Clearly they need to create new clerkships to accommodate the increased volume and they are doing it. The program seems to have very good organization so I have no reason to think it can't be done. I have no doubt that they were working the additional clerkships long before construction began on the new campus. I would just have a bit more of a warm fuzzy if they were already in place. Besides, the gym issue holds more sway on my decision than the clerkships!

Last edited:
I will agree with you about the gym. A lot of us are a little disappointed with the whole situation and have been trying to push for lower fees etc.

So, besides the collection of books at the local library we have an online library and the professors at the school have tons of books and if you want a book from Pomona they will send it up here for free. Although, I can say that I have not suffered in any way from not having a library on campus....believe me, you have enough study materials to keep you busy and the internet is quicker anyway :)

To be fair, this community involvement level is the biggest reason I want to go here. I just felt so welcomed and genuinely appreciated when I interviewed.

I'm still on hold; they need my spring grades. But I'm really crossing my fingers that they take me!

Thank you for posting this Cooperd0g! Very much appreciated, I interview this saturday. I am a little sketched out by the rotations not being setup, but as you said, that will surely finalize in the coming year.

Does anyone know how many seats are left? Thanks

Hmmm...If I were to guess...and this is definitely a guess and one that I am just making as part of my procrastination of our exam tomorrow---I'd say 20 or less spots. I know that before Jan. acceptances there were 55 confirmed.

For those of you that are attending comp-NW now, i have a quick question. During my interview i was told one of the students has a husband in seattle and they commute/ have a long distance relationship. I was accepted a few weeks ago and will be in a similar situation. Would love to get some insight from her. Thank you!

Hmmm...If I were to guess...and this is definitely a guess and one that I am just making as part of my procrastination of our exam tomorrow---I'd say 20 or less spots. I know that before Jan. acceptances there were 55 confirmed.

I would say you are about right, but remember Western can offer deferred acceptance if they like ya.

For those of you that are attending comp-NW now, i have a quick question. During my interview i was told one of the students has a husband in seattle and they commute/ have a long distance relationship. I was accepted a few weeks ago and will be in a similar situation. Would love to get some insight from her. Thank you!

I don't want to point out her sn or name because I don't know if she wants to keep her online anonymity, but she has posted on this forum a few times. I'll let her know you are looking for her advice. Btw, join all the facebook groups, you can talk to current students and your classmates there.

My boyfriend will be traveling with me for the interview as an acceptance will undoubtedly affect his life as well. Are s.o. allowed to attend the pizza night to become more informed about the school as well or is it preferred they do not come?

Do the interviews tend to involve questions about current events/healthcare reform?

My boyfriend will be traveling with me for the interview as an acceptance will undoubtedly affect his life as well. Are s.o. allowed to attend the pizza night to become more informed about the school as well or is it preferred they do not come?

Do the interviews tend to involve questions about current events/healthcare reform?

He is more than welcome to come. The interviews could have those questions in them. Many of the questions are tailored to your background and also reflect the expertise/background of the interviewer asking the question.