• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

bluerose786

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2005
Status
I was wondering if anyone has more insightful information on COMP's third and fourth year rotation opportunities. I've heard this so far: (1) You have options at hospitals at various locations in California and out-of-state; (2) There are international rotation opportunities for 4th years; (3) You can stay in So Cal (near COMP) for rotations if you want. My questions are: Is it very difficult to obtain and set up rotations, I mean, do the office people work with you? Is it inconvenient to move around every few months...how does housing work? I hope that COMP has positive rotation opportunities/experiences overall. I know sometimes it's difficult. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. If you're a current 3rd or 4th yr COMP student, please reply!

OnMyWayThere

OMS-III
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2003
The best coast (west coast)
Status
bluerose786 said:
I was wondering if anyone has more insightful information on COMP's third and fourth year rotation opportunities. I've heard this so far: (1) You have options at hospitals at various locations in California and out-of-state; (2) There are international rotation opportunities for 4th years; (3) You can stay in So Cal (near COMP) for rotations if you want. My questions are: Is it very difficult to obtain and set up rotations, I mean, do the office people work with you? Is it inconvenient to move around every few months...how does housing work? I hope that COMP has positive rotation opportunities/experiences overall. I know sometimes it's difficult. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. If you're a current 3rd or 4th yr COMP student, please reply!
You must stay within 90 miles of the school for core rotations. I met a few of 4th years my first week of school and they were complaining that the office was not too helpful in setting up rotations. You should go to COMP 2006 & 2007 thread and PM some people with your specific questions. :thumbup:

About the Ads