Western COMP Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, at least it means that they're still interested in you! Maybe they're on the fence and want to see you finish strong before they offer you a seat...so do your best :) . It seems that you're no worse off than those of us who are on the waitlist for now...

Thanks...yeah i have finals this coming week and then i'm done so hopefully it all works out haha

let me know when you guys hear from western!

Members don't see this ad.

I just withdrew from Western so maybe that will open up a spot
for someone., Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I was waitlisted at COMP for what seemed like an eternity.....Hang in there! :)

If you get pulled off of the waitlist, is it via snail mail? If so I wouldn't need to check my email religiously.

So, today in the mail I received an invitation to COMP's Osteopathic Medicine Awareness Conference. Is that a little wierd? Did any of you get that too?
I don't know if I should go to show that I am still interested in Western...or not since I've already been to one. I guess I have a month to figure that out....but, it's just a bit odd.

If you get pulled off of the waitlist, is it via snail mail? If so I wouldn't need to check my email religiously.
I'm guessing snailmail...but it'd be better to hear from someone who's actually been through this.

So, today in the mail I received an invitation to COMP's Osteopathic Medicine Awareness Conference. Is that a little wierd? Did any of you get that too?
I don't know if I should go to show that I am still interested in Western...or not since I've already been to one. I guess I have a month to figure that out....but, it's just a bit odd.

I didn't get any mail today, I guess the snow has something to do with that. But that's good that you got that letter, it can't be a bad thing. I'm sure they're not expecting you to show though, so don't feel obligated.

if we wanted to send thank you letters to our interviewers, do we just address it to the admissions office? and if we were to submit a letter of intent, is it recommended that we do that through email or does a hard copy need to go to the admissions office? thanks guys.

When I called to ask about the high priority and regular alternate lists, amber who works on the admission office told me that they will call you if you get pulled off either list, so you know as soon as possible. Hope this lessens your trips to the mailbox, and now youll be jumping everytime your phone rings instead!

if we wanted to send thank you letters to our interviewers, do we just address it to the admissions office? and if we were to submit a letter of intent, is it recommended that we do that through email or does a hard copy need to go to the admissions office? thanks guys.
For thank you notes, I was told to address them care of Ms. Hansen in the admissions office address. I also sent my letter of intent to her, but it might be ok to email as well. Hope that helps.

anybody know if waitlisters get to hear right away..or will they be waiting? Because deposits were due in mid-March

anybody know if waitlisters get to hear right away..or will they be waiting? Because deposits were due in mid-March

As far as I know, there may be movement soon since the deposit was due last week. But exactly when, I don't think anyone knows. At least they're nice enough to call, so that you don't have to wait for snailmail.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doc, I need you to get pulled off the waitlist ASAP so us regular alternates can get a shot too:D

Did anyone from the regular alternate list get accepted last year?

I have absolutely no idea. It would be nice to hear that number though... or it might be horrible, who knows really...

Doc, I need you to get pulled off the waitlist ASAP so us regular alternates can get a shot too:D
Well, Kahuna, you got your wish!! I got my acceptance letter via certified mail today...would have had it Saturday, if I was home to sign for it. But there's hope for waitlist movement yet...and a lot earlier than most schools. Just be aware that if you get in, you have less than 2 weeks to scrape together the whole $2000 deposit!!!!:scared:

I hope all you wonderful people are my classmates this fall..see you on the COMP 2011 thread!

Well, Kahuna, you got your wish!! I got my acceptance letter via certified mail today...would have had it Saturday, if I was home to sign for it. But there's hope for waitlist movement yet...and a lot earlier than most schools. Just be aware that if you get in, you have less than 2 weeks to scrape together the whole $2000 deposit!!!!:scared:

I hope all you wonderful people are my classmates this fall..see you on the COMP 2011 thread!

Congratulations Doc, I knew you'd make it:thumbup: I just didn't know you'd get in so soon, that's great turn-around time. Hope to see you at COMP this year!

I was also placed on the high alternate list in March. About two days ago, I emailed Pat, one of the advisors at COMP. Someone else reponded to me saying that I would be expecting a letter within the next week but did not tell me whether I was accepted or not. So I am little worried that I might still be on the waitlist:confused: .

I was also placed on the high alternate list in March. About two days ago, I emailed Pat, one of the advisors at COMP. Someone else reponded to me saying that I would be expecting a letter within the next week but did not tell me whether I was accepted or not. So I am little worried that I might still be on the waitlist:confused: .
I'm just guessing, but I don't think they'd send you another letter just to confirm your waitlist status. My guess is it's your acceptance letter. Two others who I know were on the high alternate list have also received acceptance letters, and two are still waiting.
I think you should be looking out for that certified mail...and make sure you're home to sign for it so that you can celebrate sooner! Good luck! Hope to see you in Pomona this summer!

Does anyone know how many people are on the high alternate list? Cameron told me that it is likely that I will be accepted this year because I am on the high alternate list, but I am unsure how many people are ahead of me..

Gave up my seat yesterday. Good luck.

On the 15th of March I called Western U and was told that there were approx. 30 people on the High Alt. List.

Some have been taken off since, and I am sure that some will be added as interviews are not finnished.

I was also placed on the high alternate list in March.

SDN seems to have noted a "high, regular, and low" alternate group. When I interviewed (4/12), they said there was only a high and low group. Anyone have any information on this?

SDN seems to have noted a "high, regular, and low" alternate group. When I interviewed (4/12), they said there was only a high and low group. Anyone have any information on this?

My comment from another thread:

Yes, I can confirm this, having just received their letter. There are three levels in the alternative list: high, mid, and low.

My comment from another thread:

If you were a low alternate, would it have said that in the letter? They just said alternate for me, so I don't know if I'm in the middle or low group.

does anyone know when the official Western COMP match list comes out?

I'm not sure if the letter would tell you if you were on regular or low alternate list.

But yes I just got a letter from them yesterday saying there are three alternate levels.

Anyone know how many of the alternates get in each year and when we could possibly find out?
When are the last interviewS?

I'm guessing snailmail...but it'd be better to hear from someone who's actually been through this.

Last year, they called me on the phone, and then sent a letter afterwards.

I interviewed on 5/1 - was put on the high priority alternate list sometime around 5/19 - and got the call on 6/6/06 (must be my lucky day). I got a letter about 5 days later.

I interviewed on 5/1 - was put on the high priority alternate list sometime around 5/19 - and got the call on 6/6/06 (must be my lucky day). I got a letter about 5 days later.

Wow, that gives some hope to those of us who are late interviews.
I just had mine on 4/12. There's a possibility of knowing my final outcome before June 1st! That'd be something. :)

I just wish I had tracked my recommendations better. I had my former employer fill out the evaluation questionairre which she never submitted. I had to ask her to do it again, delaying the completion of my supplemental by 6 weeks. :( Otherwise, I might know already!

I interviewed at Western 4/3 and just received word today that I'm on the high alternate list. Has anyone been accepted outright since that week of interviews?

I received word yesterday that I'm on the high alternate waitlist as well.

Did you interview on the 3rd? I remember meeting a guy from tufts

I interviewed at Western 4/3 and just received word today that I'm on the high alternate list. Has anyone been accepted outright since that week of interviews?

Thanks for all the info, everyone. To me, the sum total of the information is:

1.) It takes about 2 weeks from date of interview until notification
2.) People are still being added to the "high" alternate list, which has the following effects:
a. People interviewing this late still have some opportunity of eventually being accepted.
b. People on the regular/low alternate list are seeing people pile up in front of them in the pecking order
3.) During my interview, we were notified that the full deposit would be due on 4/27, hinting that there could potentially still be acceptances being handed out, but no one on SDN is indicating they have been accepted, outright.

I'm pretty sure that's a clear representation of our current situation. I guess I'll be expecting notification (waitlisting?) in a little over a week. Good luck to everyone!

Well during the interview process, it was mentioned that there were still seats avaliable so I get the feeling that those who are still interviewing can be accepted without being put on any waitlist.

And ttukdix, I think there were two people from tufts at the interview but yes, I was one of them! Specifically the electrical engineer. Texas...hmmm...were you the other engineer at the interview? Remember there being one from Texas during introductions. Ahh gotta love the ice breakers.

I just interviewed there on Mon, April 16th. They said there's still seat available but limited and our 2k deposit will be due by May4th. FYI

Anyone from the "regular" (not high alternate) waitlist hear any news yet? I'm guessing it won't be for a while but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case....

blargh... u can add me to the already long list of alternates. looks like no ISAC for me.

blargh... u can add me to the already long list of alternates. looks like no ISAC for me.

Did your notification mention if you are on the "regular" or "high" alternate list?

Did your notification mention if you are on the "regular" or "high" alternate list?

i go a phone call decision. i think i just heard alternate and she said it wasnt ranked. is their list ranked? i think i might call again.

i go a phone call decision. i think i just heard alternate and she said it wasnt ranked. is their list ranked? i think i might call again.

It's not ranked by number, per se, but the candidates are categorized into high, middle, and low. When spots become available, they re-review the pool, instead of taking the top person off of a ranked waitlist. i.e., there is no #1-30, and they don't automatically take a #1 off their list. It's a slight difference from ranking.

When did you interview? I would like to know when my decision is coming (I interviewed on 4/12.)

It's not ranked by number, per se, but the candidates are categorized into high, middle, and low. When spots become available, they re-review the pool, instead of taking the top person off of a ranked waitlist. i.e., there is no #1-30, and they don't automatically take a #1 off their list. It's a slight difference from ranking.

When did you interview? I would like to know when my decision is coming (I interviewed on 4/12.)

yeah thats pretty much what i understand about their waitlist. i interviewed middle of march and my app got tabled 2 weeks later because they thought i didnt send in my fall grades. it finally got reviewed 2 days ago.

it seems like they are reviewing every week but not everyone app gets reviewed so i would say u should hear within 2 weeks of your interview date. i would call them to check if u dont hear within 2 weeks... thats how i found out my app was tabled.

yeah thats pretty much what i understand about their waitlist. i interviewed middle of march and my app got tabled 2 weeks later because they thought i didnt send in my fall grades. it finally got reviewed 2 days ago.

it seems like they are reviewing every week but not everyone app gets reviewed so i would say u should hear within 2 weeks of your interview date. i would call them to check if u dont hear within 2 weeks... thats how i found out my app was tabled.

yup that's exactly what they did with me too... everyone that interviewed with me was hearing back and i hadn't gotten anything so i called and found out they wanted my grades from senior year.
So definitely keep calling them every now and then

everyone that interviewed with me was hearing back and i hadn't gotten anything so i called and found out they wanted my grades from senior year.

Did you send them your transcripts directly, or send them through AACOMAS?

I received notification today of "high alternate" status. I'm going to take this as good news. :)

hey stringerbell, i was at the interview on the 12th. how did you receive notification?

I received notification today of "high alternate" status. I'm going to take this as good news. :)
i really do wonder how many ppl are on the high alternate list and how many get it. good luck and i hope we both get pulled.

congrats!
wow seems like many are on the high alternate list... i hope they're not just bs-ing us haha.

i just had to fax an unnofficial transcript to western and that was good enough. they put me on the high alternate list then.

i just got notification of a high waitlist too. may 15 here we come!